Pro Cycling Discussion 2: Jonas Takes His Second Tour - Vuelta and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwars door Vlaanderen today. Maybe it is time for Wout to win with no Pog, MvdP or other big bois on the line? Lidl Trek of course has a very strong team again

Dwars-door-Vlaanderen-2024-Altimetria.jpg

Dwars door Vlaanderen today. Maybe it is time for Wout to win with no Pog, MvdP or other big bois on the line? Lidl Trek of course has a very strong team again

Dwars-door-Vlaanderen-2024-Altimetria.jpg

This is set up for a sprinter. If I'm a favorite for the Ronde (LOL @ that notion - FML) there is no way I'm starting to drill it on the bergs at 80k to go. Big efforts at the pro level can take 3 days to recover from. It's way too close to the Sunday to start thinning it out at 80k to go.

MvdP or WvA should drill it on the Norkere and see who sticks, but that is it.

tl;dr A good sprinter makes to the end in the lead group.

Just joined in, looks like most favourites crashed out

Didn't see the crash but dreams were shattered.

Jorgenson crisp charge from a small group, made it stick.

I haven’t seen the races.
But WVA broke 11 bones
And Arnaud De Lie has tested positive for Lyme disease.

There’s been better days for the sport that’s for sure

Smh
“No man shall pass!!”

Tour of Flanders this sunday

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ MvdP
⭐⭐ Wellens, Jorgenson, Pedersen
⭐ Mohoric, Lazkano, Trentin, Skujins, Bettiol, Matthews,
🔥 Morgado and Pithie as a ultimo ciclismo supriso!

What a miserable state Quickstep is in with no rider receiving any stars!

GJwy41YXEAAaqD7

last year refresher

Bettiol is second best bet. No one is beating MvdP.

Yep from no Pog to both Visma and Trek Lidl having much weakened teams to send everything has only increased his chances. But anything can happen and I'll be keeping eyes on up and coming talent like Laurance, Pithie and Morgado.

Kinda liking the Ineos duo of Tarling and Sheffield but damn, Tarling seems unable to do power any higher than his threshold which I agree is very high but not enough for any meaningful rise on the road and Sheffield is a very crash prone even for a Ineos rider.

Yep from no Pog to both Visma and Trek Lidl having much weakened teams to send everything has only increased his chances. But anything can happen and I'll be keeping eyes on up and coming talent like Laurance, Pithie and Morgado.

Kinda liking the Ineos duo of Tarling and Sheffield but damn, Tarling seems unable to do power any higher than his threshold which I agree is very high but not enough for any meaningful rise on the road and Sheffield is a very crash prone even for a Ineos rider.

Good point. With MvdP as the clear favorite his team has to do all of the work to control the race. All that has to happen is that a strong rider (I don't mean team leader) is in a big break and Alpecin could burn everyone chasing for 50k. INEOS should just sit in and watch it all go off and then start launching riders.

McNulty wins GP Miguel Indurain after getting attacked by quite impressive Maxim van Gils over the top of the last climb but McNulty was much superior descender and caught him before outsprinting him for the win. Pretty good start to this season for McNulty so far despite blowing up at UAE Tour.

75km done at Flanders and 60km to go until cobbles and climbs really start with Oude Kwaremont.

With MvdP as the clear favorite his team has to do all of the work to control the race. All that has to happen is that a strong rider (I don't mean team leader) is in a big break and Alpecin could burn everyone chasing for 50k.

WIth 200k to go Alpecin has to already use their riders to control the race.

WIth 200k to go Alpecin has to already use their riders to control the race.

MvdP doomerism already?!

pzl Remco you must do Flanders next year or your citizenship will be REVOKED!

MvdP doomerism already?!

If there is another group that goes up the road in the early climbs without Alpecin riders, then it could be anarchy. Mohoric or INEOS are in a very good position.

INEOS or Bahrain should gas it on the Kwaremont.

It would be helpful if these commentators would give us wind speed and direction info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back