Prime vs Prime - Conor McGregor vs BJ Penn at LW

If little wrestler was able to take Con down at will and punish him like that, Pen would kill him!

It appears the B.J. nuthuggery is still strong. I’m still a BJ fan, amazing fighter and exciting to watch. However, he beat guys that today would barely break the top 15. Prime B.J. would probably still be elite but I don’t see him beating the top tier at LW. I don’t quite see why B.J. would beat McGregor. I think McGregor has better standup and good enough to avoid BJs ground game. I would pick McGregor by tko.

BJ has taken beatings from guys at WW, i guess he could handle Conor`s power, but sounds like a competitive fight, that if it goes to the ground is BJ`s fight, standing goes to Conor imo, 5 rounds might have to take BJ because of Conor`s cardio issues.

I don't see any way Conor beats prime BJ. BJ took shots from a 220 pound Machida without getting rocked, Conor wouldn't have phased him in his prime. Not to mention his heart and mental toughness, look at the beatings he took from Nick and Rory without even going down.

BJ by one-sided bloodbath.

Then he licks the blood from the gloves.

It appears the B.J. nuthuggery is still strong. I’m still a BJ fan, amazing fighter and exciting to watch. However, he beat guys that today would barely break the top 15. Prime B.J. would probably still be elite but I don’t see him beating the top tier at LW. I don’t quite see why B.J. would beat McGregor. I think McGregor has better standup and good enough to avoid BJs ground game. I would pick McGregor by tko.

Michael Chiesa is currently ranked in the top 10 and was pushing top 5 before the Lee fight. He's the same caliber of fighter that Florian and Stevenson were. And then there's Sherk would would beat him 8/10 times

Yes, McGregor TKOs him while Rory, Nick Diaz, and Machida couldn't...

This would be an easy RNC victory for Penn. There'd be no begging Herb Dean to stand this fight up.

What a joke. McGregor by assault and battery. The fact so many people think Peen would win — who happens to be THEE most overrated fighter in mma history — just reiterates how many retards follow this sport.

This thread should come with *WARNING: Shertard Level maximum*

People used to say the same about Aldo. He can match Conor on the feet and strangle him on the ground. Easy win for Aldo they said.

Until the fight happened.

BJ Penn never fought a striker as good as Conor to be fair.

If BJ got him to the ground Conor would be fucked, but let's not act like BJ was a D1 wrestler type.

People also forget that BJ was very small for the weight class, Conor is huge even at Lightweight.

BJ dominates Mcgregor EVERYWHERE and then finishes him off with a RNC.

I don't see any way Conor beats prime BJ. BJ took shots from a 220 pound Machida without getting rocked, Conor wouldn't have phased him in his prime. Not to mention his heart and mental toughness, look at the beatings he took from Nick and Rory without even going down.
That is what i said, he took beatings at WW and didnt went down, but Nick isnt a power puncher, Rory could have more power but at the time looked like he was just toying with BJ and didnt went for the kill.

Its an imaginary matchup where we can only imagine, but i could see Conor beating on BJ for the first two rounds and after that he might gas out, enough to take BJ out? Will never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back