Prime Fujita was the best athlete in MMA history

While I don't know if this is an elaborate troll, I would agree that the beatings he was able to weather were impressive.

Fujita was a national champion wrestler. I have never seen a Heavyweight shoot so fast to the legs. He was an incredible athlete and wrestler.

If a very old and small Randy Couture could stifle Brock's takedowns then Fujita absolutely could as well. Fujita is not getting KO'ed like Randy did. More likely, after 10 minutes, Fujita lands something on Brock, Brock covers up while Fujita beats on him until the ref calls it.

Well, he did beat two of the best HW athletes in the history of MMA—Kerr and Karem Gabor.

Cain and Overeem ran right though Brock of course, if Fujita beat him I don't see it looking that impressive, more standing up to any punishment and forcing Brock to work until he tires or he catches him.

Wouldn't pick Fujita to beat either of those two either but he'd perhaps have more of a chance of an upset if the fight was back in the early 00's.
brock just beat hunt decisively without any hint that he was fading. presuming he loses to fujita is honestly fuckin stupid. lesnar beating the shit out of him is the far more likely scenario and you have to know that. fujita was primitive.

Fujita_faceplant.gif

LOL couldn't even throw a punch without tripping over himself and literally face planting.

Fujita was a national champion wrestler. I have never seen a Heavyweight shoot so fast to the legs. He was an incredible athlete and wrestler.

If a very old and small Randy Couture could stifle Brock's takedowns then Fujita absolutely could as well. Fujita is not getting KO'ed like Randy did. More likely, after 10 minutes, Fujita lands something on Brock, Brock covers up while Fujita beats on him until the ref calls it.

fujita:
- granit head
- solid wrestling
- punching power
- heart
- strong

tough fight.

Fujita was a pleasure to watch, win or lose. You always knew it was going to be a tough fight for whoever he was matched up against

No, he was not. A very durable, average fighter who would get starched by heavyweights of today.
Yes UFC heavyweights of today like Timothy Johnson Walt Harris Anthony Hamilton Stefan Struve are so good there's no way fujita can win.

I know for sure that I would break my fist on his skull if I landed a punch.

brock just beat hunt decisively without any hint that he was fading. presuming he loses to fujita is honestly fuckin stupid. lesnar beating the shit out of him is the far more likely scenario and you have to know that. fujita was primitive.
A 42 year old Hunt who is like a beached whale when you put his back on the mat?

A younger, prime NATIONAL CHAMPION WRESTLER, (nearly Olympic level) like Kazuyuki Fujita would prevent the takedowns much better to begin with, and would have a much easier time escaping from the bottom than Hunt did. Brock couldn't finish a 42 year old Hunt. A 30 year old Fujita has an even better chin, far better cardio and 100x better grappling than Hunt at 42.

If old man Randy was able to stifle Brock's wrestling then a young prime Fujita absolutely could as well.

Brock would not be able to LNP Fujita and Fujita would absolutely clobber Brock and Brock would cower to the corner and shell up.

A 42 year old Hunt who is like a beached whale when you put his back on the mat?

A younger, prime NATIONAL CHAMPION WRESTLER, (nearly Olympic level) like Kazuyuki Fujita would prevent the takedowns much better to begin with, and would have a much easier time escaping from the bottom than Hunt did. Brock couldn't finish a 42 year old Hunt. A 30 year old Fujita has an even better chin, far better cardio and 100x better grappling than Hunt at 42.

If old man Randy was able to stifle Brock's wrestling then a young prime Fujita absolutely could as well.

Brock would not be able to LNP Fujita and Fujita would absolutely clobber Brock and Brock would cower to the corner and shell up.

brock vs fuji?

fuji by wrestling move
2019912496-780x0.jpg

Unlike Brock, Jones, JDS, Anderson, Ubereem, Rothwell, Barnett, Mendes?

I agree it was just in response to him saying how his competition was roided without mentioning it about Fujita almost implying he did all natural.

That fight was basically either stalling because Hunt couldn't stop the takedown and Brock didn't want to trade with him or Lesnar ontop, not exactly a massive test for cardio. Brock's probably the better wrestler than Fujita its true as Kerr was but taking and holding him down would be far harder than he was vs Hunt, much more of a test of cardio plus much more potential for Fujita to actually be in range to throw punchs at him.

I wouldn't call it a lock or anything but if I had to predict that fight I would say Fujita weathers a storm in the 1st and then Brock tires and either loses a decision or gets caught and panics to a TKO loss. Equally doesn't mean Fujita is a better fighter than Brock, I don't think he would for example have as good a shot at beating someone like Mir.

Last edited:
JDS comes to mind. He trumps him in basically every single area.

Fujita_faceplant.gif

LOL couldn't even throw a punch without tripping over himself and literally face planting.
That fight was also in the first year of his MMA career. His 4th fight, 4 months after his debut.

He was an extremely high level amateur wrestler with an absolutely iron chin and most ridiculous durability and cardio you could ever believe.

He actually started knocking some people out brutally a few years after some striking training.

Even in his raw form in 2000(pure wrestler) he was a handful. No other HW can shoot to the legs that fast. His chin and cardio made him hell to finish.

Not saying he can beat a lot of elite guys. He was usually ranked like top 20 or 30 back then and still would be around that today, considering many HWs today have absolutely no grappling backgrounds.

JDS comes to mind. He trumps him in basically every single area.
Lol no

Fujita's chin was way better than JDS'
Fujita's cardio was better
Fujita was far physically stronger
Fujita moved much faster

That fight was also in the first year of his MMA career. His 4th fight, 4 months after his debut.

He was an extremely high level amateur wrestler with an absolutely iron chin and most ridiculous durability and cardio you could ever believe.

He actually started knocking some people out brutally a few years after some striking training.

Even in his raw form in 2000(pure wrestler) he was a handful. No other HW can shoot to the legs that fast. His chin and cardio made him hell to finish.

Not saying he can beat a lot of elite guys. He was usually ranked like top 20 or 30 back then and still would be around that today, considering many HWs today have absolutely no grappling backgrounds.

I like your self-awareness. You went ridiculously overboard glorifying him("NO HW COULD EVER SHOOT TD'S FASTER THAN HIM") but at you end you realized it, dialed it back and told the truth, which is that he was top 20 or 30 even at his best.

Back