Prime Fujita was the best athlete in MMA history

Did Brock ever gas in any of his fights??

He went full 15 with herring and looked like he could have gone 10 more. May have looked gassed against Cain but that was because he was getting has ass kicked and fujita ain’t Cain.

Looked gassed vs Cain to me.

Looked gassed vs Cain to me.

Getting your ass kicked will do that.

Looked good against herring?? Looked pretty fresh after pounding out Mir…

I’m not a Brock fan but I just don’t think his gas tank is where you should hang your hat on.

Getting your ass kicked will do that.

Looked good against herring?? Looked pretty fresh after pounding out Mir…

I’m not a Brock fan but I just don’t think his gas tank is where you should hang your hat on.

Wasn't really tested very much cardio wise vs Heath though who was badly gassed himself after the 1st round., second Mir fight didn't really go that long and wasn't that testing, Hunt fight wasn't exactly either given how easy the takedowns were.

I wouldn't say Brock's gas tank was so bad you just had to last the same way it wasn't with Kerr but it was something that could be tested and Fujita was a good enough wrestler that takedowns would not be easy.

Last edited:
He had alot of balls going from pro wrestling and did alot better than youd expect and probably made alot of money.

Wasn't really tested very much cardio wise vs Heath though who was badly gassed himself after the 1st round., second Mir fight didn't really go that long and wasn't that testing, Hunt fight wasn't exactly either given how easy the takedowns were.

I wouldn't say Brock's gas tank was so bad you just had to last the same way it wasn't with Kerr but it was something that could be tested and Fujita was a good enough wrestler than takedowns would not be easy.

Fair enough.

He had alot of balls going from pro wrestling and did alot better than youd expect and probably made alot of money.

At that stage in Japan a pretty high percentage of Pro Wrestlers did still have legit backgrounds, even someone like Nagata whilst he obviously had very little direct prep for MMA was a legit amature wrestler.

You could really see the difference with CM Punk who was totally green when it came to real fighting and a year or more training still looked utterly clueless.

I heard reem broke his knee on fujitas skull

That analysis seems to be putting a lot of stock into the Fedor fight...but I mean, that fight ended with Fedor almost yanking Fujita's Iron Head off his neck like a grape.

Furthermore, taking shots from Kerr and Shamrock is impressive, I'll grant you, but at the same time he had about as much fight sense as that side of beef from the Rocky Movies.

I would say that Fujita deserves a spot as having one of the most fascinating careers in MMA history, but I don't think that you can attribute that to athleticism.

Best Underdog, sure.

But he honestly doesn't remind me of rocky.

He reminds me of this:

giphy.gif

That analysis seems to be putting a lot of stock into the Fedor fight...but I mean, that fight ended with Fedor almost yanking Fujita's Iron Head off his neck like a grape.

Furthermore, taking shots from Kerr and Shamrock is impressive, I'll grant you, but at the same time he had about as much fight sense as that side of beef from the Rocky Movies.

I would say that Fujita deserves a spot as having one of the most fascinating careers in MMA history, but I don't think that you can attribute that to athleticism.

Best Underdog, sure.

But he honestly doesn't remind me of rocky.

He reminds me of this:

giphy.gif

Only two decision wins in his career vs Kerr and Yvel though, he did have decent offencive grappling and considerable power which I think improved into the 00's before he dropped off late in the decade.

I mean look at what Carwin achieved with power but limited technique.

He wasn't a skilful fighter but that's not the point lol.

He almost beat prime Fedor (best HW ever), roided Kerr, and roided Shamrock with nothing but physical ability....

This was during the stretch when Fedor was running through guys like Nog, Schilt, Herring and Coleman (all of whom were vastly more skilled fighters than Fujita). None of those guys even managed to land a single meaningful strike on Fedor.

Kerr was also on a 12 fight winning streak and was considered to be the best HW in the world when Fujita beat him. At the time, it was widely regarded as the most shocking upset in MMA history.
Dude your talking MMA History to a bunch of guys who think MMA History is 2014 on lol

I think Lesnar bears a striking similarity to Mark Kerr, massive HW wrestler, pretty good grappler ontop, some power standing but VERY uncomfortable taking punishment and questionable cardio. Of course UFC hype pushed the idea that Lesnar was "evolved" but this hype as so often died on its ass when he was really tested.
So you’ve seen Kerr knock out a guy like couture standing or break a guy like herrings face standing? Lesnar has 40 lbs on Kerr and was a much better overall athlete. He had a lot more direct high level mma grappling training. Kerr didn’t come close to beating anywhere near the caliber of wins lesnar has. It’s a joke. Fujita? You have to be kidding. Honestly it’s a joke.

So you’ve seen Kerr knock out a guy like couture standing or break a guy like herrings face standing? Lesnar has 40 lbs on Kerr and was a much better overall athlete. He had a lot more direct high level mma grappling training. Kerr didn’t come close to beating anywhere near the caliber of wins lesnar has. It’s a joke. Fujita? You have to be kidding. Honestly it’s a joke.

Kerr did get finishes standing but when was he in a position of facing someone like Randy? good wrestler but fragile standing, certainly not with the likes of Igor who was vastly more dangerous standing.

Cain and Overeem ran right though Brock of course, if Fujita beat him I don't see it looking that impressive, more standing up to any punishment and forcing Brock to work until he tires or he catches him.

Wouldn't pick Fujita to beat either of those two either but he'd perhaps have more of a chance of an upset if the fight was back in the early 00's.

Last edited:
Fedor fans will say anything to pretend that Fujita wasn’t a can.

He deserves credit for surviving a freak shot, but he was an 11:1 favourite for a reason.

Everyone complaining about cans on fedor's record were discredited when they use to cry about hunt being a can until he was fighting for #1 contender in UFC. The bias is way more against fedor's opponents then fedor fans hyping them up.

Everyone complaining about cans on fedor's record were discredited when they use to cry about hunt being a can until he was fighting for #1 contender in UFC. The bias is way more against fedor's opponents then fedor fans hyping them up.

Hsvent you heard? Hunt's grappling has massively evolved......

Back