Prime Franklin vs prime Weidman - How does it go?

I don’t think people take into account how much Weidman’s injuries have slowed him down. People try to discredit him and say everyone he fought was out of their prime and that’s why he hasn’t been looking good now but the guy has had a decent amount of surgeries in just a few years. His timing and elbow on Munoz was incredible, and his ability to manage distance on the feet has always been good. He was an absolute beast on his way to the top but It seemed like he was having surgery after almost every fight and each time would lead to months out of the gym. Cain is the same way but to a much greater extent.
no most ppl just see what he has been lately I'm not a fan of the guy but he was a stud even now he's alot better then ppl give him credit for. Which just seems odd that most ppl are giving this fight to Rich seeing how his chin failed him anything he got caught yet are holding the stoppage losses against Weidman.

Rich was a very good fighter I agree but imo you underrate how good Weidman really was in his prime. He lost quite a step after the beatings. What separates imo Weidman from Rich is his superb timing. I remember the first Silva fight and that I favoured Weidman because of his previous showings. As good as Rich was, he never displayed this level of worldclass that Weidman was able to deliver.

Huge respect to Rich whom I rate very high alltime but Weidman at his best really was a goat material fighter. And thats not Richs level.

stand up: advantage Weidman
wrestling: advantage Weidman
BJJ: even (there Rich really is underrated)
I disagree but since it's a fantasy matchup, we'll never know. Weidman, IMO, benefited tremendously from timing. He is not a bad fighter and was a beast in his prime but his striking is/was overrated and I do feel that he had poor cardio for a top fighter. Rich was a beast against grapplers and I think he'd turn the tide in the 3rd round and win a competitive decision

wideman wouldnt make it past the second

It's a different level of delusional to think rich franklin was actually "world champion"

its like those guys that speedrun games and say they have "world records" and only two other guys are competing against them

PRIME rich franklin wouldn't even be top 10 in modern 185 division

Back