Prime Franklin vs prime Weidman - How does it go?

Prime Rich fought Prime Hendo to a standstill. That was a 3 round war, and the definition of a draw IMO. Hendo basically won it by poking Rich badly in the eye in the 3rd round. Prime Rich was a beast..

Last edited:
This is such a shit thread, it's embarrassing.

No version of Franklin beats any version of Weidman. Weidman is a better version (everywhere) of Franklin. And I like Rich.

This is just a sad attempt by Dozer to talk up Andersons win over rich, while at the same time downplaying Anderson 2 losses to Weidman.

HAHA! I never bet on Rich....I always thought he was an overachiever.
He finally won me over right before the Silva fight LOL!
I predicted he would wear Silva down with his cardio and all round game.
Nice guy...way to pretentious...came across as the stereotypical teacher
who thinks he's smarter than everyone else.
He'd be able to teach me a lesson though if he got ahold of me!

No version of Franklin beats any version of Weidman. Weidman is a better version (everywhere) of Franklin. And I like Rich.

This is just a sad attempt by Dozer to talk up Andersons win over rich, while at the same time downplaying Anderson 2 losses to Weidman.

Watch Rich/Hendo both men in their prime. Hendo is a great wrestler, with massive power, he is a better striker than Weidman and has the KO's to prove it. It was a war that fight. I know MMA Math is fuzzy, but Rich matches up well with Weidman, Bisping, Whitaker or any MW today. He was a great and undervalued fighter. He belongs in the HOF. I guess he was not buddy enough with Dana (Cough Serra)..

Weidman probably wins...but people on here are acting like Franklin was a cake walk...possibly the most underrated fighter in UFC history

Franklin became more technical out of his physical prime. Had a number of bad habits during it.

So, Weidman. I'd take Weidman over any version of Franklin to be fair.

Opening bell, Ace takes a knee so Weidman can’t head kick him. Weidman taps due to confusion.

Xyience Rich beats a no sauced Androgen Silva and Carbonara Weidman.

Franklin at middleweight? Weidman wins
Franklin at Franklinweight/Light Heavy? Franklin wins

Franklin has much better cardio, kickboxing
Weidman has much better wrestling and a bit more power in his hands.

Franklin looked better at LHW and the catchweight 195 lb fights than at MW. Weidman would need to shoot in and grind him out. On the feet Franklins got him. I see it going similar to his fight with Hendo plus more takedowns from Weidman. Would have been interesting.

Lots of dumb people itt.

Weidman by whatever he wants.

Just lmao at anyone who said franklin. Look at a highlight of his ffs, he looks like he's underwater compared to weidman. Weidman is better in every conceivable way and anyone that said franklin is legit spastic.

Weidman is overrated because he was mr. lucky guy against the GOAT.

Bro, bro please....

Proper size MW is not the definition of Spider. Spider took over the title of being the biggest MW after decimating him. Silva is a huuuuge MW, Im not talking muscle mass. Im talking height, reach, frame size, and god his head is huge. Ive seen Silva in person towering over Barnett and Babalu. Why didnt Forest or Bonnar outsize Silva either yet Forest big brothered Franklin when he went back to LHW?

Yep he's a big dude like Weidman.

Weidman. He'd badly out wrestle and potentially finish Franklin on the ground.

Back