prime fedor vs prime jon jones

My heart says Fedor.

My head -- I hate that thing -- says that MMA has evolved and Jones takes it. Fedor fought his prime in an era where he had title defenses against Zuluzinho and a jab was thought of as a revolutionary technique that only 2-3 guys in the entire sport could use -- not even Fedor threw it.

If you use your brain, you've gotta go with Jones. You just do.

Jones is a confirmed cheater, so, we'll never know how good he really is, but I think on the feet Fedor would wreck him...badly.

Problem is Jones would take him down with Greco and elbow him to oblivion. Assuming Fyodor doesn't armbar those long ass arms like Vitor almost did.

Without the added strength from the steroids to cover Jones' weakness (being lanky as fuck and probably easier to overpower) it might be a different story.

My heart says Fedor.

My head -- I hate that thing -- says that MMA has evolved and Jones takes it. Fedor fought his prime in an era where he had title defenses against Zuluzinho and a jab was thought of as a revolutionary technique that only 2-3 guys in the entire sport could use -- not even Fedor threw it.

He didn't defend his belt against Zulu.

cain aint a goat though

f5d784aa1eabbde15ba5e2d90c3ba828.jpg

I think Fedor beats him.
He had a one punch KO power.
Jon Jones is not a KO artist. He usually decisions, while Fedor always went for finish.

Wrestling, this one is tricky. Jones was taking down Olympic wrestler but got taken down by Gus. I'd say TD 50/50 for both.

Submission game. Fedor was good at submission and he had a great submission defense (ex BigNog)

GnP goes obviously for Fedor. He was a GnP machine before he smashed his hands. He was lethal on the ground
Jones is a cheating eye pocking
Fedor had a heart of a warrior and always pressured the fighters.

My prediction. Hard shot by Fedor. Jones is hurt. Fedor takes him down and GnP him or submits.

Fedors casting punch puts jones to sleep at about 1:30.

Jones wakes up abput 8:17.

Jones cant take Fedor down if hes unconcious. Corpses dont win fights.

<seedat>

Jones probably wins.

But we don't know how he looks off steroids.

pfff...
Has Jones even ever FOUGHT at HW? Yet he beats prime Fedor?
<YeahOKJen>

Jones himself said plenty of times that when and if he does fight at HW, it would be against a smaller HW, you know like Fedor, and in that case Jones by destruction.

My heart says Fedor.

- Zulu was not a title defense.
- HW and LHW have not evolved.
- everyone threw the jab back then. Ever watch Sergei, Nog, Aleks, Sylvia, Arlovski, etc? Pretty much all the good HWs were throwing jabs in the 2000s. Even Fedor.

c4f10b733ada7a5f0db601b5a7248660.gif

Of course he obviously did not throw a whole lot of jabs because he is so short and had short reach. He was better off throwing his straight right or casting punch to move inside to throw hooks or go to the clinch.

a_RXJWSB.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_004.gif

i2qzko.gif

Does anyone really believe fedor would beat Jones?

Jones wins however he wants and it's not even close

People hold fedor on some mythical pedestal, Jones crushes him

Fedor murks Jones. It would look like a child got beaten up and the guilt for witnessing would linger. Fedor gets the finish in brutality.

Yea I was laughing too and thinking the same thing when Fedor got destroyed by a middleweight, just imagine what Jones would do to him, FUCKING LOL.

again: "Jones wins by being better at every aspect of MMA." this fighter doesnt exist (LHW+HW).

"Fedor got destroyed by a middleweight" TRT Hendo + second wind + ford fieste power = boom
even if it wasnt his prime, a loss is a loss, so idc. Hendo is a fooking legend.

watch the vitor/gus fight ... just imagin what fedor would have done to him.
<{anton}>

just for you: Cain would be a much better and tougher fight.
<Gordonhat>

Does anyone really believe fedor would beat Jones?

Jones wins however he wants and it's not even close

People hold fedor on some mythical pedestal, Jones crushes him

i member when my friends said exactly the same thing about gus vs. jones. its a fantasy fight, so i give you that.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Jones himself said plenty of times that when and if he does fight at HW, it would be against a smaller HW, you know like Fedor, and in that case Jones by destruction.
LOL again! :D
Fedor destroyed huge HWs that dwarfed him, you think he'd have a problem with twig leg Jon? You're delusional.

Jones can say whatever the fuck he wants, until he's even fought at HW ONCE we have no idea how he'd perform. I don't think he EVER fights at HW anyway.

again: "Jones wins by being better at every aspect of MMA." this fighter doesnt exist (LHW+HW).

"Fedor got destroyed by a middleweight" TRT Hendo + second wind + ford fieste power = boom
even if it wasnt his prime, a loss is a loss, so idc. Hendo is a fooking legend.

watch the vitor/gus fight ... just imagin what fedor would have done to him.
<{anton}>

just for you: Cain would be a much better and tougher fight.
<Gordonhat>

i member when my friends said exactly the same thing about gus vs. jones. its a fantasy fight, so i give you that.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Sounds like a salty Fedor fan to me, which one of Fedor losses hurt your feelings more? Fedor getting destroyed by a middleweight? Fedor getting destroyed by Bigfoot? Or Fedor getting totally destroyed by Werdum? Or ill ask you this, what was your hero Fedor's favorite win? Was it Hung Man Choi? FUCKING LOL.

Yea Jones runs right through your hero by being better at every aspect of MMA.

Last edited:
LOL again! :D
Fedor destroyed huge HWs that dwarfed him, you think he'd have a problem with twig leg Jon? You're delusional.

Jones can say whatever the fuck he wants, until he's even fought at HW ONCE we have no idea how he'd perform. I don't think he EVER fights at HW anyway.
Your overrated hero got fucking destroyed by a damn middleweight. Fedor destroyed huge HW cans too, you forget to mention that.

How the hell you hating on Jones and you haven't even seen him fight at HW? Again he said he would fight a smaller HW, and if that smaller HW was ever Fedor any point in time in MMA whether it be the past of the future Jones would totally destroy him.

I think Fedor beats him.
He had a one punch KO power.
Jon Jones is not a KO artist. He usually decisions, while Fedor always went for finish.

Wrestling, this one is tricky. Jones was taking down Olympic wrestler but got taken down by Gus. I'd say TD 50/50 for both.

Submission game. Fedor was good at submission and he had a great submission defense (ex BigNog)

GnP goes obviously for Fedor. He was a GnP machine before he smashed his hands. He was lethal on the ground
Jones is a cheating eye pocking
Fedor had a heart of a warrior and always pressured the fighters.

My prediction. Hard shot by Fedor. Jones is hurt. Fedor takes him down and GnP him or submits.

{<jordan}

Back