Prime Anderson vs Prime Mirko, catchweight 215 bout: Who shoots first?

1) Yes, in Pride, where the fights were often fixed and the stars were fed a steady diet of cans. 2) Yes, Anderson lost to two cans before he went into his prime. Correct. 3) When I started watching is irrelevant, but no, it certainly wasn't 195. What matters is how much I've watched. 4) Josh Barnett is a stylistic nightmare for Anderson, so probably not. Then again, he did manage to hang in there for all three rounds against a much better fighter in Daniel Cormier. But a hearty 'lol' at the thought of Alexander E. giving prime Anderson problems. 5) You're mad right now.
But why?

But a hearty 'lol' at the thought of Alexander E. giving prime Anderson problems.

This sentence explain all we need to know about your opinion´s validity.

This sentence explain all we need to know about your opinion´s validity.

That's another myth, the idea that Alexander could've been amazing if he just did x, y, z.

In Pride,

When Cro Cop was doing this
3zEP4Tx.gif

Anderson Silva was doing this
le28LWq.gif
CX31MPl.gif

Cro Cop was murdering Wanderlei Silva with high kick while Anderson Silva was getting canned by these unknown Japanese fighters.

And yes, this Anderson Silva was in his prime.

From what I remember this is also before Anderson improved his ground game under the Nog brothers

Both Anderson and Mirko are underestimated. Someone would get koed but I don't see one dominating the other. I'd give the edge to Cro Cop, you can't pull stunts like Anderson used to against someone like him. He'd get floored if he tried to.

I totally agree with you. But with Anderson being one of the best (prime Machida was the best imo) counter strikers of all time I felt need to pick up the subject before anyone talks Silvas speed etc.

I see many LHW/HW that prime Silva could beat at 215 but Cro Cop isn't one of them.
How do you a counter a kick to the body that breaks a rib? Crocop throws kicks so hard its painful to block them even. And if you dodged you're not closing distance and landing a ko left hook or anything.

Anderson wouldn't be able to take Cro cop down and he probably knows that too, so Cro Cop by default.

Anderson is light years more well rounded than Cro Cop. Has more accuracy and better timing. I would give Cro Cop the strength advantage in the clinch though.

That's another myth, the idea that Alexander could've been amazing if he just did x, y, z.
I'm not talking about what he could've been. I'm talking about what he was and did. You really think that Ando would knock out Kharitonov? Remember what Kharitonov did to Ninja? You are talking of 50/60 pound weight diference with those beasts.

Same when talking about prime CroCop. You really think that Ando could win a K-1 heavyweight Gran Prix event? Are you a Ronda's nuthugger?

I'm not talking about what he could've been. I'm talking about what he was and did. You really think that Ando would knock out Kharitonov? Remember what Kharitonov did to Ninja? You are talking of 50/60 pound weight diference with those beast.

Same when talking about prime CroCop. You really think that Ando could win a K-1 heavyweight Gran Prix event? Are you a Ronda's nuthugger?

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. You're completely deluded if you believe Alexander would beat a prime Anderson Silva. How ridiculous. Pride fanboys have completely lost it.

Prime Anderson destroys him easily. Prime Cro Cop was destroyed by Kevin Randleman. Pride Cro Cop is a myth manufactured by favorable matchups.
One punch is not destroyed. Randleman destroyed no one

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. You're completely deluded if you believe Alexander would beat a prime Anderson Silva. How ridiculous. Pride fanboys have completely lost it.

You haven't asnwer any of my questions. Besides, let's accept, for the discussion's sake, that Ando had a chance in hell against 2003, 255 pound Alex, the only reason being the latter such a nutjob. How he has a chance about CroCop?

Prime Anderson destroys him easily. Prime Cro Cop was destroyed by Kevin Randleman. Pride Cro Cop is a myth manufactured by favorable matchups.
This is SO STUPID that I don't even need to explain

1) If you don't think Cro Cop was on PEDs, then you're delusional. 2) Anderson's chin had already deteriorated by the time he fought Weidman. That wasn't his prime. 3) Anderson took hard shots from Dan Henderson and managed to survive, but that was in his prime. 4) Cro Cop's resume is full of cans (with good fighters sprinkled in here and there), and those are the primary victims of his LHK. 5) Prime Anderson is a bit different than Alberto Del Rio in a mask.
You forgot to include point #6...which cleary states that you're an utter idiot and there is also a segment of your dad saying "he should have busted on your moms stomach instead", with your mom nodding her head and silently crying along.

Yes and prime silva got outstruck by a Japanese can! Btw has silva ever won a single worth mentioning high level striking event? Or was he even ranked in anything? Even his gyms boxercise club? Silva got out struck by chael friggin sonnen.

Silva vs mirko in their primes would have ended in silva getting brutally knocked out 95 times out of a 100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back