Premier League Thread 2017/18 v88: VAR är PSG?

VAR?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@blokeybloke i guess I called UVA underperforming. Lol. Too bad I had them going out agains Arizona though.
Yeah, nice one! I switched to Villanova winning tourney after your tip.

I'm doing quite well so far in my pool. Up to 2nd & have 25 correct.

who were the last young players we brought in, who were actually any good ? we've signed a ton and they've all been shite, with the odd exception, like DDG......And no, I wouldn't have Bale for free, never mind a swap.

Who were the last players we brought in that have done any good full stop?

Depend what you call young, but personally think Pogba, Lukaku, Shaw, Bailly and Martial are all good players. Even likes of Zaha and Depay, even though they were ultimately failures, they excite me more than a Sanchez, tbh.

Someone like Matic, for example, has done okay, but it's hard to get excited about, imo, when you know at best he'll stay for 3-4 years.

The ideal is obviously to bring in youngsters to a squad which is already full of prime year pros, of course, so they are not under as much pressure.

Who were the last players we brought in that have done any good full stop?

Depend what you call young, but personally think Pogba, Lukaku, Shaw, Bailly and Martial are all good players. Even likes of Zaha and Depay, even though they were ultimately failures, they excite me more than a Sanchez, tbh.

Someone like Matic, for example, has done okay, but it's hard to get excited about, imo, when you know at best he'll stay for 3-4 years.

The ideal is obviously to bring in youngsters to a squad which is already full of prime year pros, of course, so they are not under as much pressure.
I like Bailly,Lukaku & Martial, Shaw can go anytime he likes,never be a fan, Pogba, i'd trade him to PSG for Verratti in a heartbeat, as he looks like he gives zero fucks.

I have no problem with 3 or 4 years stays, as long as they are replaced with similar or better quality

I like Bailly,Lukaku & Martial, Shaw can go anytime he likes,never be a fan, Pogba, i'd trade him to PSG for Verratti in a heartbeat, as he looks like he gives zero fucks.

I have no problem with 3 or 4 years stays, as long as they are replaced with similar or better quality

Are you still confident Mourinho can be a success?

Are you still confident Mourinho can be a success?
being a success these days, seems to be winning the CL or League, we're miles away from the CL, so you better hope we can have success in the league , because if City aren't on it again next season, the dippers could be looking at their first league in more than 2 and a half decades, and i'm hoping they go at least 40 years with no title.

Jesus, Sunderland gonna get relegated even further down? They need Mou when he gets sacked

Straight swap?

No.

Suspect Kroos would do a better job in the current United team though.

Should be building the team around the lies of Pogba, not asking him to play in systems that don't suit him.
Bingo.

I usually dont pay much attention to defensive duties so i cant coment on that... But, judging for the small segments of ManU i have watched, i like Pogba's choice of play. He makes some mistakes here and there, sometimes too selfish, others chosing the wrong beat, but in general i find his passing rather interesting... He also should exploit his dribble & shot near the area, etc. Under a great manager he could be a great 8

I’m 8 beers deep. Looks like Watford is too.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back