Premier League Thread 2017/18 v88: VAR är PSG?

VAR?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’ll get flack for this being a Reds supporter but I just don’t see any big stars going to United in the coming future, at any price. Pogba was world class when he left Juve and he’s been deluded to Ligue 1 mid table levels. Any prominent world class footballer will steer clear of a cancer like Jose’s United.

Straight swap?

No.

Suspect Kroos would do a better job in the current United team though.

Should be building the team around the lies of Pogba, not asking him to play in systems that don't suit him.
So you're basically waiting for the sand in Mourinho's egg timer to run out

so what would you like to see happen ?

I'd like Mou and the players to adapt better and play to their potentials. I think we are only 2-3 players away from having a very respectable squad.....just need to get them all playing in a system that suits them. 2 years in I couldn't name you Jose's preferred formation, let alone his starting XI.

Don't see it though. Would not surprise me to see Mou bring in 3-4 29 year olds looking for the quick fix in the summer.

Mou's gonna have to spend another 150m just to keep up with Poch & Klopp

So you're basically waiting for the sand in Mourinho's egg timer to run out

......or for him to change his mentality.

No prizes for guessing which is more likely.

Would be a massive shock to me if was not here next season, though you feel last week was his "strike one".

Four fragile CB's that cant play out from the back & he's just extended one of thems contract

Mou's gonna have to spend another 150m just to keep up with Poch & Klopp

1. He will.
2. So will they. Klopp already has on van Dijk and Keita.

Unfortunately United don't have any overrated players to sell to China or Spain to help balance the books, not that really matters.

1. He will.
2. So will they. Klopp already has on van Dijk and Keita.

Unfortunately United don't have any overrated players to sell to China or Spain to help balance the books, not that really matters.

Pogba*

I'd like Mou and the players to adapt better and play to their potentials. I think we are only 2-3 players away from having a very respectable squad.....just need to get them all playing in a system that suits them. 2 years in I couldn't name you Jose's preferred formation, let alone his starting XI.

Don't see it though. Would not surprise me to see Mou bring in 3-4 29 year olds looking for the quick fix in the summer.
don't see a problem with bringing in anyone at 29, as long as Gareth Bale isn't one of them

don't see a problem with bringing in anyone at 29, as long as Gareth Bale isn't one of them

Merits both ways, but personally I've always preferred to bring in younger guys. I suppose this was based on times when the squad was consistently evolving and was already full of guys in their prime years.

Looking at our current squad the players who fall into that 28-33 range are a very mixed bag. Likes of Blind, Herrera, Smalling, Valencia, Young, Mata, Rojo, Fellaini and Darmian have not really set the world alight consistently, so you can see why Mou has gone for Matic and Sanchez.

Without overreacting to Sanchez lacklustre start, would you not swap him for Bale in a hypothetical world?

Merits both ways, but personally I've always preferred to bring in younger guys. I suppose this was based on times when the squad was consistently evolving and was already full of guys in their prime years.

Looking at our current squad the players who fall into that 28-33 range are a very mixed bag. Likes of Blind, Herrera, Smalling, Valencia, Young, Mata, Rojo, Fellaini and Darmian have not really set the world alight consistently, so you can see why Mou has gone for Matic and Sanchez.

Without overreacting to Sanchez lacklustre start, would you not swap him for Bale in a hypothetical world?
who were the last young players we brought in, who were actually any good ? we've signed a ton and they've all been shite, with the odd exception, like DDG......And no, I wouldn't have Bale for free, never mind a swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back