Premier League Thread 2017/18 v86: Spurs Will Always Let You Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willy Sagnol feels Real Madrid were "absolutely disciplined" in beating a Paris Saint-Germain side that lacked unity on Tuesday.

Paris Saint-Germain are still missing something intangible and played like a "collection of individualists" as they exited the Champions League at the hands of Real Madrid, according to Willy Sagnol.

PSG gave up the lead to lose the first leg of their round-of-16 tie 3-1 at the Santiago Bernabeu last month.

And they went down 2-1 at home in the return fixture on Tuesday, bowing out in the first knockout stage for the second season in succession.

"Real presented themselves as a team in the second leg, Paris did not," former France international Sagnol told Kicker.

"PSG was just a collection of individualists, while Real acted as an absolutely disciplined team."

The Ligue 1 leaders were missing the injured Neymar at Parc des Princes, the Brazil international having suffered a broken metatarsal.

And Sagnol does not feel the remaining players can be blamed for feeling the absence of the former Barcelona man.

"In a sense, a team is naturally dependent on such an exceptional player," he said.

Sagnol also questioned the elevation of Dani Alves to a leadership role, the veteran having only arrived in the French capital from Juventus in July.

"If Dani Alves belongs to the players' council... that's too much responsibility for him, not on the pitch, but in the group," he said.

"It means that something is missing, a [naturally] grown hierarchy, continuity.

"This club is young and suddenly has a lot of money, and just wants to lose no time, but skipped a few steps on the way up."

It remains to be seen how PSG's Qatari owners will respond to their latest European disappointment, although Sagnol cautioned the club against increasing their transfer expenditure.

He said: "Money certainly does not matter, Chelsea took 10 years before the many [Roman] Abramovich millions brought great success in Europe in 2012.

"As a fan, I think the project is great. [We] 50 per cent love, 50 per cent hate PSG, and when you have such top players, you always experience pros and cons, often out of jealousy."

Vegas sucks.

Stay the fuck away fro ROFLordia doe. At all costs. God what a shithole

Yeah I'm not sure what I'd like in Florida apart from the big theme parks. But then they're full of Floridians like @Edwin.

875796244.jpg

Anthony-Martial-654480.jpg

97280676-depay-rex-SPORT_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqIPmCUuE2m3SgNsjXoG0w0CmDbvhk0UiLuV2NkxeN5j4.jpg

I expect changing the subject to United bashing from the biter Spurs, Pool and Arsenal fans. Not Barca fans. You're better than that.

What happened vis a vis the work situation?

I expect changing the subject to United bashing from the biter Spurs, Pool and Arsenal fans. Not Barca fans. You're better than that.

They asked me to come in today and i pushed it back to tomorrow.
Expect to be fired.

He's a chelsea and arsenal fan too so expect it.

I've heard it suggested that the reason JM has played so defensively is, ironically, because he does not trust his back line.

Kinda makes sense.

Think you and I have pointed out that United have looked best this season when they go behind and are forced to hunt the game.

Attack being the best form of defence is what suits our current squad........not that I think Mou would ever subscribe to it. We could have Baresi, Tassotti, Costacurta and Maldini and JM would still look to play 2 holding CMs.
Oil & water

Mourinho's not a shit Manager, his style just doesn't mesh with todays expressive millenials. He needs a blend of ready made elite talents in their prime & subservient workhorses who'll run through brick walls for him.

Why i think he'll struggle to attract the type of player needed to take you up to the next level.

I'm bitter against the United of today because I respected the shit out of the fergie yrs with scholesy, giggsy and young ronnie.

Oil & water

Mourinho's not a shit Manager, his style just doesn't mesh with todays expressive millenials. He needs a blend of ready made elite talents in their prime & subservient workhorses who'll run through brick walls for him.

Why i think he'll struggle to attract the type of player needed to take you up to the next level.

Saying that if I could bring back one United player it would be a 22 year old Roy Keane.......I'd imagine JM and RK would be a match made in heaven (until the inevitable bitter fall out, of course).

yelyahwilliams
Hayley from Paramore
happy international women’s day. most of my life is spent on the road with a heck ton of lovely men who are feminists & big champions of all the women in their life. BUT!!!!! i am incredibly grateful that, both at work and at home, i have an amazing support system of women who give me courage, inspire equal parts tenderness and power, and pour their wisdom out over my life every single day.
in my 20’s - particular this last half - it has become more crucial than ever that i have an abundant amount of feminine energy and community around me. what i’m learning, that feels v important, is that the word “feminine” just doesn’t mean the same thing to me that it did in earlier years. one of my favorite lyrics is by Adrianne Lenker of @bigthiefmusic: “there’s a woman inside of me. there’s one inside of you too. and she don’t always do pretty things.” .

ffs @UltimateVictory

she's beyond help

Yeah I'm not sure what I'd like in Florida apart from the big theme parks. But then they're full of Floridians like @Edwin.
Timestamped

This is why people literally just can't stay alive in this shithole of a state

yelyahwilliams
Hayley from Paramore
happy international women’s day. most of my life is spent on the road with a heck ton of lovely men who are feminists & big champions of all the women in their life. BUT!!!!! i am incredibly grateful that, both at work and at home, i have an amazing support system of women who give me courage, inspire equal parts tenderness and power, and pour their wisdom out over my life every single day.
in my 20’s - particular this last half - it has become more crucial than ever that i have an abundant amount of feminine energy and community around me. what i’m learning, that feels v important, is that the word “feminine” just doesn’t mean the same thing to me that it did in earlier years. one of my favorite lyrics is by Adrianne Lenker of @bigthiefmusic: “there’s a woman inside of me. there’s one inside of you too. and she don’t always do pretty things.” .

ffs @UltimateVictory

she's beyond help

This isn't that bad imo.

Me yesterday: Lingard did a better job at right back than Valencia. And Utd fans were calling it a Mourinho masterclass. You cant make this shit up lol

Lewis: AKA a few 12 year olds you follow on Twitter.

Me: You older ones aren't much better.You're still necrofapping over Roy fucking Keane

TODAY:

Saying that if I could bring back one United player it would be a 22 year old Roy Keane.......I'd imagine JM and RK would be a match made in heaven (until the inevitable bitter fall out, of course).

Good luck with that marra.
Yeah, idk what's to come obviously.
This kid has threatened me vocally multiple times, burned me earlier in the day and is clearly off (Was smiling at a wall and talking to it yesterday) and i've documented and reported it for months, nothing to come. To fire me over him attacking me seems a little harsh. I think I have some legal standing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back