Premier League Thread 2017/18 v101: Is Alexis the new Bale ?

Will gooners live more vicariously through Alexis than Spuds did with Bale ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame, Punisher show had some good acting.
Wife just got through a busy tax season & we're so far behind on shows. Got tons of stuff to catch up on.

So @El Che

casting an eye towards next season, what was your thoughts on Utd & Spurs earlier?
There's a massive gap between City and both of those teams, but with Arsenal and Chelsea in transition they should still be favorites for a top 4 finish along with Pool. Pool seems to be the possible only real challenger for them next season if they can add another CB and proper CDM. I think Keita could really help them.

Spurs are just missing something and I don't quite know what it is tbh. I've seen a good 12-15 matches of theirs this season and they can look like a top 8 team in the world one moment(second half of first leg/first half of second leg vs. Juve, home to Pool, vs. Madrid) and look like a midtable club at other times(vs. City, away at Arsenal) A dynamic wide player would help them a lot and would open up more space for Kane, Eriksen and Alli in the middle. I like their backline but Lloris is a liability.

United I've seen about 90% of their matches and they are probably the most confusing team in England and maybe of top clubs in the world. Jose has got to figure out his starting XI and like Lewis is always saying they are filled with a bunch of 7/10 players. They need a couple more game changers. Their supposed difference makers disappear at crucial times(Pogba, Lukaku, Alexis) They need a player on the right who can dominate matches. Dybala would be great for them(although he disappears at times too lol). I'd like to see more from Rashford and Martial but looks like Martial might be leaving soon. The backline can be really good but is unreliable in terms of form and fitness. The rotating door at the full backs needs to be fixed. More consistency from their CB's is a must. I think Bailly is their best one but he needs to be healthy, same with Jones. DDG covers up a lot of their mistakes. Jose is a big problem too. Losing at home to Sevilla how they did is almost unforgiveable, especially this Sevilla team that ships goals.

This match was indicative of where each of them currently are in the EPL and the world and the gulf that exists between the City's and Pool's(to a lesser extent) not to mention the Madrid's, Barca's, Buyern's and maybe PSG's(transfer might). too many sloppy passes and turnovers not enough of going forward with a ruthless approach from either team that the big boys around Europe have. I don't know if one or two players will be able to change that for either team. Both managers need to tweak their approaches imo.

Last edited:
Nah, mate. I don't do superhero movies.

They never grabbed me as a kid. I rarely watched cartoons or read comics neither. I was always on bottom field playing footy.
Please tell me you've watched the batman trilogy though

Off to eat and watch the fights with my dad. Got the hockey and basketball games recording. Will talk to you lads later. Go Queefs @Rawex @Deffid :p

Please tell me you've watched the batman trilogy though
I watched the Christian Bale one & its about the only one i've actually enjoyed. Was he in more than 1 Batman flick?

Capt America was shite to me. The one where there's a bunch of them in was too daft for me, the one with James McAvoy in?

I missed the video game era too so Assasins Creed was crap to me. I did like both Hitman's tho lol

Erm, what else is there ... spiderman was well over rated. I lasted 10mins of Thor.

There's a massive gap between City and both of those teams, but with Arsenal and Chelsea in transition they should still be favorites for a top 4 finish along with Pool. Pool seems to be the possible only real challenger for them next season if they can add another CB and proper CDM. I think Keita could really help them.

Spurs are just missing something and I don't quite know what it is tbh. I've seen a good 12-15 matches of theirs this season and they can look like a top 8 team in the world one moment(second half of first leg/first half of second leg vs. Juve, home to Pool, vs. Madrid) and look like a midtable club at other times(vs. City, away at Arsenal) A dynamic wide player would help them a lot and would open up more space for Kane, Eriksen and Alli in the middle. I like their backline but Lloris is a liability.

United I've seen about 90% of their matches and they are probably the most confusing team in England and maybe of top clubs in the world. Jose has got to figure out his starting XI and like Lewis is always saying they are filled with a bunch of 7/10 players. They need a couple more game changers. Their supposed difference makers disappear at crucial times(Pogba, Lukaku, Alexis) They need a player on the right who can dominate matches. Dybala would be great for them(although he disappears at times too lol). I'd like to see more from Rashford and Martial but looks like Martial might be leaving soon. The backline can be really good but is unreliable in terms of form and fitness. The rotating door at the full backs needs to be fixed. More consistency from their CB's is a must. I think Bailly is their best one but he needs to be healthy, same with Jones. DDG covers up a lot of their mistakes. Jose is a big problem too. Losing at home to Sevilla how they did is almost unforgiveable, especially this Sevilla team that ships goals.

This match was indicative of where each of them currently are in the EPL and the world and the gulf that exists between the City's and Pool's(to a lesser extent) not to mention the Madrid's, Barca's, Buyern's and maybe PSG's(transfer might). too many sloppy passes and turnovers not enough of going forward with a ruthless approach from either team that the big boys around Europe have. I don't know if one or two players will be able to change that for either team. Both managers need to tweak their approaches imo.
Agree with all of that.

I dont want to come across as a Utd hater, i just feel like they are punching down too much. In defence of Jose i underestimated how poor the squad he took over was. But with that said he's spent so much fn money & whilst he has on the surface gotten them into 2nd place, to me Utd are still lagging behind and are neck n neck with a Spurs side that are built on peanuts. Not starting Martial & Shaw baffles me & Tony V being the captain after spending half a billion is crazy. Mourinho can be a tactical wizard when it comes to isolating & taking advantage of an opponents weakness but by lord is he a bit lacking when it comes to building a team from scratch.

I then look at Spurs & think, you know what, they're still punching above their weight. Top 4 after a season with no home & a successful CL campaign where they topped a group of death & dominated a pedigree side for large parts over two legs.

By that i meant i recognize my earlier summary of the match may be taken as being a little one sided. What with me only shredding Alexis & Pogba.

There were plenty Spurs players that were utter shite too but no one was over hyping any of their performances & as uncomfortable as it may sound to Utd fans, Spurs squad didnt cost half a bil.

Was a depressing game, imo. So many holes for both sides exposed. Still.

I watched the Christian Bale one & its about the only one i've actually enjoyed. Was he in more than 1 Batman flick?

Capt America was shite to me. The one where there's a bunch of them in was too daft for me, the one with James McAvoy in?

I missed the video game era too so Assasins Creed was crap to me. I did like both Hitman's tho lol

Erm, what else is there ... spiderman was well over rated. I lasted 10mins of Thor.
Bale has a trilogy mate and its the best and go me no hero movie has lived up to or gotten close.

1st is scarecrow
2nd is joker/bane
3rd is bane

One of the best trilogies ever.

Hitman great game series but I picked it up after years and I suck at the new one. I don't stealth any more just try murder everyone haha.

Iron man movies weren't bad.

Bale has a trilogy mate and its the best and go me no hero movie has lived up to or gotten close.

1st is scarecrow
2nd is joker/bane
3rd is bane

One of the best trilogies ever.

Hitman great game series but I picked it up after years and I suck at the new one. I don't stealth any more just try murder everyone haha.

Iron man movies weren't bad.
Iron Man was a bit too cheesy for me. Downey Jr needs to quit taking the easy pay checks & do a Mob or Cartel movie :D

I'll check out the on demand library to see if they have the whole trilogy. Sneeky fuckers usually break them up so you have to buy one.

Iron Man was a bit too cheesy for me. Downey Jr needs to quit taking the easy pay checks & do a Mob or Cartel movie :D

I'll check out the on demand library to see if they have the whole trilogy. Sneeky fuckers usually break them up so you have to buy one.
Any UFC bets?

Kinda mad i didnt hit Corey at near evens earlier

Need Frankie to close at a Pool HT dbl & a Barca dbl

you?
Edgar, Sterling and Lee +327. Havent done well recently, at all. Had a good start with NHL playoffs but now cant get anything right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back