• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prem Thread post season 2017/18 v3: Wooooooow really ?

Did you enjoy the Champions League 2018 final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see this being Rafa's last season if he Newcastle perform well. He will be scooped right up, I'm sure it will be a really tough decision if he were to go, the geordies absolutely adore Rafa and he them. Hope he gets a couple solid midfielders

5-10 years ago yes. Now at 58, with the daughters at college age and Wifey happy at home in the Liverpool, he's staying up North in England. It's an easy drive home.

Too many egos at the biggest clubs in the world. It's been the best time as a Rafa fan seeing the likes of Lascelles, Yedlin and basically every first teamer paying so much respect to him. And as you say, the fans love him. That means I can step back from my duties of Rafa fanboy slightly because he has an army to defend him.

Ben Yedder up front would give Rafa a crack at breaking into top 6

Not seen much of Ben Yedder. Brahimi as our number 10 would be superb! He's the only signing I want. Saw him live for Porto vs Benfica and he was so good. Prem quality player playing in a D league for some reason.

That Sporting CF, Dos Bost? (spelling) has been linked heavily since last summer so I expect him to sign tbh. I don't know much about him.

I've called Klopp's pool a cup side but his moves in the TM are very close to making them srs threat to City for the Lg title. He's two more signings short. A creative CM starter & a Fwd runner for depth.

If Salah does 15 goals & 10 assists next year it will still be successful one, imo.

Who fucking knows. The way the PREM has been the last 5 years, Pool could win the league by 15 points next season or they could struggle to make top 4.

Both Klopp and Poch seemed to have had the Midas touch in the last 3 years in terms of bringing players in (few obvious exceptions with Poch) and/or getting the most out of their squad. Hard to keep that up indefinitely.

I wonder if Rafa's time at Real inspired his "fuck this , im signing for a provincial club with a passionate fan base that gets behind their manager again." move to Newcastle.

That would make complete sense. I think if he were to go anywhere else it would be Serie A and not another Prem team.

5-10 years ago yes. Now at 58, with the daughters at college age and Wifey happy at home in the Liverpool, he's staying up North in England. It's an easy drive home.

Too many egos at the biggest clubs in the world. It's been the best time as a Rafa fan seeing the likes of Lascelles, Yedlin and basically every first teamer paying so much respect to him. And as you say, the fans love him. That means I can step back from my duties of Rafa fanboy slightly because he has an army to defend him.

Not seen much of Ben Yedder. Brahimi as our number 10 would be superb! He's the only signing I want. Saw him live for Porto vs Benfica and he was so good. Prem quality player playing in a D league for some reason.

That Sporting CF, Dos Bost? (spelling) has been linked heavily since last summer so I expect him to sign tbh. I don't know much about him.

I lived in Newcastle this year for 5 weeks, he's all the geordies ever talk about. They don't mention any players they just mention Rafa and how brilliant he is. He's a god there. He's appreciated and that's why he won't leave.

Guys... im making the next thread!

been a while

Toure warns Manchester City: Mourinho will be very angry
resize

Yaya Toure expects Manchester City to be challenged closely for the Premier League title next season, not least by Manchester United.

Yaya Toure has warned Manchester City to be wary of a "very angry" Jose Mourinho in next season's Premier League title race.

Pep Guardiola's side finished 19 points clear of second-placed United as they romped to a record-breaking title triumph in 2017-18.

City became the first team to score 100 points in England's top flight, while they also recorded the most wins (32), the most goals (106) and the biggest goal difference (79) in a remarkable campaign.

With United having been left in their neighbours' wake, Toure, who left the club at the end of the season, expects a backlash from Mourinho in 2018-19.

The Ivorian also fears the potency of Tottenham, describing Mauricio Pochettino's side as "fantastic" following their third-place finish.

"Mourinho is going to be very angry," he told MEN Sport. "Tottenham are a good side. Fantastic.

"Man City can win again but it depends. The World Cup is on, the players don't have enough rest and have to come back and play again.

"If they don't have injuries they can make it but it's going to be difficult, because next year is going to be a different situation."

Bit shocked at hearing no rumours of top 6 clubs going after Gelson.

just realised how much effort is needed to make a decent fred

im all out of effort

someone else make it lol

just realised how much effort is needed to make a decent fred

im all out of effort

someone else make it lol

Let @WEO make it if his Welsh internet connection is stable enough. As our resident virgin, he should have loads of time on his hands.

Who fucking knows. The way the PREM has been the last 5 years, Pool could win the league by 15 points next season or they could struggle to make top 4.

Both Klopp and Poch seemed to have had the Midas touch in the last 3 years in terms of bringing players in (few obvious exceptions with Poch) and/or getting the most out of their squad. Hard to keep that up indefinitely.
Top 4 is going to be really tough to predict next season.

At this early point i'd say City & Pool are the only definites.

Spurs have another new ground to get acclimatized too. Arsenal have a new coach. Roman has outside issues distracting him. Mou under severe pressure to at least compete with Pep.

Interested in seeing who Klopp gets in to compete with or back-up for Firminho. Arnautovic & Yedder seem to suit the role.

@Chris Partlow @Da Speeit What's Fekir's style of play ?

He might be able to play in Bobby’s position but he’s probably best as a 10 in a 4231. Can play right but not as effective especially after he fucked his knee up. Good dribbling and creative, can pass and score goals

My biggest concern for him would be if he can handle physical play, hes small and I wouldn’t say he’s a diver but he falls down too easily from contact (like Morata or Falcao when he was in the prem)

Bit shocked at hearing no rumours of top 6 clubs going after Gelson.
I guess there were talks of him going to Pool right? I read something that he might be deterred of going to Pool because of lack of play time due to Salah playing 100 percent of the time..

i mean selling a halsey ticket is understandable lol

why would you sell a cabaello ticket when she's only playing 2 shows??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back