Pre-Season 18/19 Premier League Thread v1: Dabbing With The World Cup Edition

Who wins the PL trofee?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tobago Jones @Mga223 @El Che @Clear Winner What a shit show lol. Seems Derozan is also pissed at the idea of getting traded and Kiwi will likely be a 1 year rental for the Faps.

rofl

me watching this whole thing happening and salivating at the downfall of the Spuds and consequent rise of the Lakers
tenor.gif

Then the Craptors mess is hilarious altogether.

This has disaster written all over it. I love it.

Good goalkeeper but he's getting ridiculously overrated this summer. £68M is insane. Liverpool are going to out spend the rest of the top six and I wonder if the media/pundits are going to hold them to a high standard now instead of painting them out to be some plucky underdogs going up against the evil forces in football. They've just broken the world record for a defender and now for a goalkeeper. Title or bust time for Jurgen 'I do things differently' Klopp.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/alisson-becker.440184/page-4

Good goalkeeper but he's getting ridiculously overrated this summer. £68M is insane. Liverpool are going to out spend the rest of the top six and I wonder if the media/pundits are going to hold them to a high standard now instead of painting them out to be some plucky underdogs going up against the evil forces in football. They've just broken the world record for a defender and now for a goalkeeper. Title or bust time for Jurgen 'I do things differently' Klopp.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/alisson-becker.440184/page-4
It's hilarious how butthurt United fans are about Klopp.

I'm not sure about Alisson but he will be a massive upgrade. It's a shame they didn't get Fekir, I doubt Shaqiri will help them all that much depth wise.

It's hilarious how butthurt United fans are about Klopp.

I'm not sure about Alisson but he will be a massive upgrade. It's a shame they didn't get Fekir, I doubt Shaqiri will help them all that much depth wise.

On that same thread someone posted some Keeper stats and he ranked 3rd in % of shots faced that led to goals. Obviously it's a general stat but that's impressive. De Gere, Oblak & Ter Stegen are in the top 5.

I think because Klopp now has the most expensive CB to go with the most expensive GK and yet in the past has made comments about not wanting to spend crazy money. It does overly rustle United fans (who have a complex about spending big money) but whatever. It's not even about Klopp deffs, it's just the Manager of Liverpool in general lol.

I will say Liverpool have rarely been held to the same standard or expectation even in times when United didn't dwarf their spending. That poster is right that they aren't the plucky underdogs anymore, their squad has been heavily invested in and on paper looks pretty damn good, imo. They should be right in the title race this year. I imagine if they did win it it would be deemed an upset though.

Thoughts on Cousins to GSW?

Makes sense for both parties but on the flip side if he does recover they essentially have an All-Star for $5m which is absurd. GSW have been incredibly lucky and savvy with how they have built their team. Fair play I guess. Makes the season even less interesting though.

Low risk high reward for both parties. Im not the biggest Cousins fan. He puts up huge numbers but does little to contribute to winning. He seems to be a cancer to the locker room. He's a big baby. I would love for him to clash with Draymond. However, the GSW winning culture might be strong enough and maybe he realizes this is his best chance to land a huge contract. Let's see if he has matured or not. Definite referendum on him this season. He probably wont play until around Christmas or even later but they dont need much from him. If he contributes even a fraction of what he is capable of and doesn't lose his mind they can be devastating.

The rich get richer.

He'll miss quite a bit of the season because of his injury and he may not be the same Cousins but he's still a very good weapon to have. No one is the West is going to match them.

@Chules Arturo Vidal is up for sale. You interested? He's not black but he's a better warrior than Xhaka surely.

I don't know what any of this means neverthless it's an awesome kit launch video lol. Glad Hamsik is staying put, lack of LorenzoBae in the vid upset me doe.

@Chules Arturo Vidal is up for sale. You interested? He's not black but he's a better warrior than Xhaka surely.

no.

I want Nzonzi

Jakka to fuck off after this season I hope. Fucking hate that prick. Does NOTHING.

Thanks for the NBA replies guys, yes it seems like the season will be boring again for a neutral. Hope the Lakers can build a good team around LeBron @El Che

On that same thread someone posted some Keeper stats and he ranked 3rd in % of shots faced that led to goals. Obviously it's a general stat but that's impressive. De Gere, Oblak & Ter Stegen are in the top 5.

I think because Klopp now has the most expensive CB to go with the most expensive GK and yet in the past has made comments about not wanting to spend crazy money. It does overly rustle United fans (who have a complex about spending big money) but whatever. It's not even about Klopp deffs, it's just the Manager of Liverpool in general lol.

I will say Liverpool have rarely been held to the same standard or expectation even in times when United didn't dwarf their spending. That poster is right that they aren't the plucky underdogs anymore, their squad has been heavily invested in and on paper looks pretty damn good, imo. They should be right in the title race this year. I imagine if they did win it it would be deemed an upset though.
Klopp should have kept his mouth shut about big deals, Liverpool are rich as fuck and it was just a matter of time until they started spending big under him. Fabinho, Keita and Alisson are good additions, still not sure about the attack and defense tho.
They still have the young full backs, VVD/Lovren/Matip is OK but not great. Mane-Firmino-Salah are an amazing trio but then they have Lallana, Shaq and Solanke, which...is pretty much a joke compared to the starting attack.

@Nowhere Fast @Mga223 @El Che @xtramob

Welp it's official the Craptors destroyed their team for a player who doesn't want to be there and will probably leave after the season LOL

DeRozan was god awful when it mattered yet again in the yoffs Tojo and he still has an awful contract for another 3 years. Even if they lose Leonard clearing the DeRozan contract off the books (Lowry enters his final year next season) allows them much more flexibility with a rebuild. Heck maybe Toronto flip Leonard at the deadline for a piece or two, you just never know with this stuff.

Obviously Leonard is a huge question mark but the Lowry/DeRozan tandemn has failed far too much in the yoffs. Worth the risk, imo.

DeRozan was god awful when it mattered yet again in the yoffs Tojo and he still has an awful contract for another 3 years. Even if they lose Leonard clearing the DeRozan contract off the books (Lowry enters his final year next season) allows them much more flexibility with a rebuild. Heck maybe Toronto flip Leonard at the deadline for a piece or two, you just never know with this stuff.

Obviously Leonard is a huge question mark but the Lowry/DeRozan tandemn has failed far too much in the yoffs. Worth the risk, imo.
and Casey got schooled by every coach in the playoffs...the problems with the Craptors wasn't just one player...it was systemic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back