Prank on BJJ class: Black Belt pretends to be a White Belt in BJJ visiting Biloxi, MS

Mikey Triangles

Bending Joints the Wrong Way Since 1985
@red
Reaction score
I had a friend from NY come down to visit and train with us for a few days at Alan Belcher MMA Club. he's a real good black belt under Joe D'Arce and one of the head instructors at Vamos Mixed Martial Arts in New York, but I thought a fun way to introduce him to my class would be to slap him in a white belt and have him talking a little bit about how kung fu grappling is basically the same as BJJ. Everyone was ignoring him until we started doing some live training, then it got fun. Here is Alex at my gym pretending to be an annoying know it all new student with an 8-month kung fu background, enjoy the clip :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_26gVAXCg

The picture below shows Alex at Marcelo Garcia's 2011 ADCC training camp (in the black gi):

Some of the best stuff wasn't caught on film. Alan Belcher was on the next floor and told all the students that our film guy was getting footage for a road to competition video he wants to put together, so camera guy couldn't make it too obvious. One of the purple belts here actually grabbed his iphone and managed to find Alex on google before the class was over. It was a fun gag.

Last edited:
Haha that's awesome. I've seen Vamos at just about every local tournament.

I just gave my kids an essay to write so I can watch this without sound, can't wait to watch it with audio hahaha.
Alex is awesome, nasty guillotiner!

Great, that's classic! I always thought it would be funny to do something like this. Awesome.

Extremely well done.

The concept, music, and camera work were all on point. Very funny stuff.

These kind of pranks isn't really funny in my opinion. Making others feel frustrated and stupid.

These kind of pranks isn't really funny in my opinion. Making others feel frustrated and stupid.

Looks like these guys had a good laugh, and maybe some of them learned something about themselves as bjj practitioners as well.

hahaha, awesome vid man thanks for sharing

Haha awesome. You gonna show full video later on?

I feel bad for the first guy that had to roll with him haha

love him beating that cocky purple-belt at 4:13.

lol good job.

white belt with "5 month kung fu training" subbing purple belts all over the place lmao

This really was a great BJJ prank. I bet all those guys were super relieved when they found out he was actually a black beltch haha.

Back