Powerball Mania - You Win...So what will you buy/do?

well first you gotta avoid the curse, which means you keep quiet, then like in the movie heat you sit on it for a while, and then you help your family and friends or whatever but you say its some sort of inheritence and you manipulate the ammount, because alot of money also means alot of shit coming your way, so you gotta control the information as much as you can

I was just thinking something similar. I was always a fan of the Legacy of Kain video games when I was younger, and I wonder how much it would take to get the ball rolling on that series again.
I would love to see Mechwarrior or Battletech adapted (again). That cartoon with the dodgy CGI (though advanced in it's day) shouldn't be how a wide audience remembers the property.

Though I guess since MwO is still a thing, those rights wouldn't be cheaply had.

Always wanted to buy a super yacht and travel the World. Would also want to put the biggest chunk into investments and would like hook up my family and friends so most of them wouldn't need to work anymore.

Know what else I don't like - when groups win it. I want a lone person to win it and live a baller life rather than a work place of 30 people to win it sorta deal. 300M after taxes/lump sum between 30 people is $10M per person. Great for them, but lame when the prize was SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!!!

While we're on the subject of lotteries - would you buy a raffle ticket for $1000 with the prize being $1M and only 1000 tickets sold? So a 1-in-1000 shot to win $1M. I think a lot of folks can scrounge/save up $1000 that they'd otherwise piss away on useless junk over the year. Find 1000 people willing to do this and each year one person in the group becomes a millionaire.

If I win I will split it with everyone in Mayberry that likes this post. Not even joking

This is a binding contract. I've screencapped it - be prepared to split it, and not a simple "give some" but a x number of ways equal split where x is the number of likes received.

i'd use it to help Jon Jones pass a drug test.

oh wait, too late. :(

fuck states like mine for not allowing you to win anonymously. I'd probably have to buy a shit ton of fruit snacks and Thomas the Train toys for my son. And listen to him ask me why I didn't work today.

Put about $699 million into penile enlargement research. You know, start the mushishi center for penile enlargement. It will be...ahem...well endowed.

fuck states like mine for not allowing you to win anonymously. I'd probably have to buy a shit ton of fruit snacks and Thomas the Train toys for my son. And listen to him ask me why I didn't work today.
Can you start a corp and have your corp win? BS making winners name public.

I know a bunch of kind people that would be able to retire if they chose to, should I become Cocaine Mountain Charlie tonight.

They'd be hooked up and taken care of before I went hiking.

I would have no idea what to do. Where do you bring a $400 million check?

Always wanted to buy a super yacht and travel the World. Would also want to put the biggest chunk into investments and would like hook up my family and friends so most of them wouldn't need to work anymore.

With a super yacht you wouldn't have any money to invest. That $300 million might only get you a couple of years owning a super yacht unless you buy an old slow one. They are all very expensive to own and operate.

Why would you risk losing money on investments when you have 300 million? Savings accounts paying 1.25% would bring in $3.75million per year. You can live very well on that. There are government bonds that pay 1.96%

The fastest way to lose money is have someone control it for you. You don't need a big house and the big expenses that come with it.

Can you start a corp and have your corp win? BS making winners name public.

I think you can create different types of trusts, but I don't know if that will protect your identity in states where winners names are made public. Admittedly, I don't know much shit about it

I might buy bellator.

I would invest a few million in good ideas I have for products and start up companies. Pay off student loans.

Definitely put a few million away for each kid. Buy 5 large houses, and a large RV to travel between them.

well first you gotta avoid the curse, which means you keep quiet, then like in the movie heat you sit on it for a while, and then you help your family and friends or whatever but you say its some sort of inheritence and you manipulate the ammount, because alot of money also means alot of shit coming your way, so you gotta control the information as much as you can
I always wonder how I'd handle it if it came down to that. I think I'd get a new phone number and email address to start.

I always wonder how I'd handle it if it came down to that. I think I'd get a new phone number and email address to start.

Exactly, security first and then help your people or whatever you want as long as you have built a shield surrounded in mist around you

Back