Post-fight speech admits accidental k.o.

Wow, so you didn't read the OP and don't know how stupid this post makes look I guess
now that you adressed it.. it's funny because I didn't even knew Moraes and was going to mention it generically as "fighter" or "guy" but checked his name to not sound disrespectful. Sterling I knew by name but didn't even know how he looked like.. had to use the color of trunks reference to watch the fight haha anyway these type of sherdoggers will never know how stupid they are

now that you adressed it.. it's funny because I didn't even knew Moraes and was going to mention it generically as "fighter" or "guy" but checked his name to not sound disrespectful. Sterling I knew by name but didn't even know how he looked like.. had to use the color of trunks reference to watch the fight haha anyway these type of sherdoggers will never know how stupid they are
I'm not an aljamain sterling fan at all, in fact I never really liked his shtick and unfounded arrogance. Your thread is solid!

So what you are saying is he threw a strike that was intended to connect ?
That strike has then hit his opponent finishing him ?
That sounds like a pretty good strike to me whether it hits his chin, liver or leg.

Just as a heads up some people no longer throw strikes aimed at the chin directly in stand up.
I know mma fighters, with ko wins, who throw all punches to the chest and get the knockout from the opponent slipping into the punch.
This can also happen with headkicks aimed at the shoulders.

I want you to punch a hole through his fuckin chest!

Watching Moraes interview makes me like and respect him. He not only was honest but also speaks English as a Brazilian.

At least he got a KO after that gifted decision against Dobson.

It is not accidental. His timing was perfect in terms of when he threw in response to the level change. The fact that it was a knee instead of a shin and that it was a KO was luck, but not the timing

Accidental KO is like when you meant to compliment a guy on his haircut and he gets knocked out somehow.

Maybe he's hedging his bets in case Sterling doesn't wake up from the KO. "It was an accident Your Honour, I swear!"

threw a kick to get a knockout, knee landed instead.

not really accidental or flukey, something different just landed.

I wouldn't say it was "accidental" but it was a fluke knee that knocked him out. I don't care much for either fighter so I didn't care who won or lost, it was an awesome KO that had a lot of luck behind it. It's dangerous starting to throw out words like "lucky" and "fluke" as anyone who's not happy with a result will say the opponent was lucky, but for analytical purposes it's of course important to take into account any luck or fluke factor. Another poster posted the video of Vick knocking out Cruickshank in TUF - another excellent example of a fluke kick resulting in a KO. What about Romero vs Weidman? From what I can recall, Weidman went for a takedown while Romero went for a flying knee or something like that and the unexpected movement of Weidman resulted in the KO.

Back