Populist Correctness: The New PC Culture of Brexit & Trump

Of course, and no one tried to interfere with their right to peacefully protest. It's impossible to silence the left, they have way too many credible platforms to discuss and share ideas to ever be shut down.

my point was that ANY group you get that has this many protesters, are going to have a few baddies in the mix.

why is the left protesting more than conservatives?

because trump is a radical. i dont mean that as an insult to him necessarily. hes very different than basically anyone who has ever been elected. so should it really be surprising that this has really motivated people to protest?

if the left had elected bernie sanders, you may very well be seeing the same thing from the right.

What is this talk about percentages, and where are all the "statisticians" when people claims that America is filled with Klan members and Nazis, or that Trump supporters are racist?

This is a war of ideologies, it has nothing to do with numbers. Progressiveness is slowly but surely ruining the culture that we fought so hard to create.
{<jordan}

my point was that ANY group you get that has this many protesters, are going to have a few baddies in the mix.

why is the left protesting more than conservatives?

because trump is a radical. i dont mean that as an insult to him necessarily. hes very different than basically anyone who has ever been elected. so should it really be surprising that this has really motivated people to protest?

if the left had elected bernie sanders, you may very well be seeing the same thing from the right.

Are you sure? Eight years ago, conservatives were in the exact same situation liberals find themselves today. Obama won the White House, while the Dems controlled the Senate and House. Don't remember any rioting. Again, I don't care what the percentage is, I only care about what that percentage is doing.

Lol yeah, so violent those Tea partiers. How many un suspecting progressives did they corner and beat up? How many windows did they smash? I'm sure you can find alot of picks of then wear masks and violently protesting progressive speakers at Universities right? C'mon man.
You said, "Or even a protest".
Lol yeah, so violent those Tea partiers. How many un suspecting progressives did they corner and beat up? How many windows did they smash? I'm sure you can find alot of picks of then wear masks and violently protesting progressive speakers at Universities right? C'mon man.
Also, there were multiple people assaulted at Trump rallies, and Trump openly called on his supporters to assault people. There is stupidity and violence on both sides.

Is this just not an absurd characterisation of the other side? Is there anyone in the WR, or outside of the extreme fringe left, who make claims like this? If not, stop for a second and try not to be hysterical and reactionary.

I think I saw a poll in which 60% of Trump supporters think Obama is a muslim. Is that figure not suggestive of racism, stupidity, or both?

The entirety of your posts in this thread were devoted to telling everyone that only a small fringe of people are radical and now you are claiming that the majority of Trump supporters are ignorant?

It's like you completely ignored the context of my post. This is an ideological war, numbers is not the be-all. Progressive ideology has infected academia, the media, Hollywood, and basically all of popular culture.

Is this just not an absurd characterisation of the other side? Is there anyone in the WR, or outside of the extreme fringe left, who make claims like this? If not, stop for a second and try not to be hysterical and reactionary.

I think I saw a poll in which 60% of Trump supporters think Obama is a muslim. Is that figure not suggestive of racism, stupidity, or both?
1467920534070.jpg

Are you sure? Eight years ago, conservatives were in the exact same situation liberals find themselves today. Obama won the White House, while the Dems controlled the Senate and House. Don't remember any rioting. Again, I don't care what the percentage is, I only care about what that percentage is doing.

im positive.

obama and trump arent comparable in this context, though i know youll likely argue this point.

obama was never that outside of the norm for a democrat. so while conservatives may have really disliked him, trump is completely unusual for a candidate from any party....ever. so from a trump supporter perspective, thats a good thing. but dont be surprised when it outright scares a lot of other people.

there were those in the wr, and on the far fringe right, who literally thought obama was going to lead some communist takeover. "government motors." jade helm etc etc. those types of fringe views about trump arent on the fringe at all. both the liberal partisan media, and trump himself, are to blame. he is intentionally bombastic and shit talking, and the liberal media takes that and makes it even worse than it already is.

so trump supporters cant have their cake and eat it too. you cant expect an outsider to come in and change all kinds of shit radically, and not have tons of people radically trying to resist.

You said, "Or even a protest".

Also, there were multiple people assaulted at Trump rallies, and Trump openly called on his supporters to assault people. There is stupidity and violence on both sides.
Oh boy ok you got me on protest. I stand corrected that the Tea party protests of like 8 years ago do count as "protests". Good job on still not providing any proof, and I'm talking within yes the last decade or so where conservative protests turned into riots or violent.
And Donald Trump did not entice his people to harass "harassers" at his protests by the way. I have seen no evidence of this. If anything he had security take them out before they would get themselves hurt.
On the same topic though, lets say some idiot protester was assaulted at a Trump rally for running their mouth, is that what we are talking about? No, we are talking about protests which the left start, which quickly turn into riots and assaults on the people who have a right to meet peacefully i.e. Trump supporters.

The entirety of your posts in this thread were devoted to telling everyone that only a small fringe of people are radical and now you are claiming that the majority of Trump supporters are ignorant?

It's like you completely ignored the context of my post. This is an ideological war, numbers is not the be-all. Progressive ideology has infected academia, the media, Hollywood, and basically all of popular culture.

Actually the initial claim was that liberals violently assault people and riot. When asked what percentage liberals do that, nobody could answer, because it would make their characterisation of their political opponents look absurd. I used actual polling days to suggest that a majority of trump supporters believe something that could be attributed to racism in part. Do you not see the difference?

I'm not going to bother arguing that social progress is a good thing or not. People were arguing against the civil rights act, gay marriage, etc as things that were going to bring down the social order. Never happened then, won't now. The world is just changing and there are always going to be properly who don't like it.

So if you wore those clothes, you would be a muslim too?

You're inadvertently making an argument that people who think Obama is a muslim are at least stupid. I think it would be naive to rule out racism being a part of it as well.

what did i dodge?
Poster said "Liberal speakers aren't getting their lectures shut down by mob violence. Liberals are burning cars and beating people up in the street without consequence. What conservatives do you see doing similar things? Where was all of the violence in 2008 when Obama got elected? I'll concede that I can't remember every event that ever happened, but I don't recall any rioting."
there have been SOOOOO many liberal protesters lately. the "women's march" was the largest protest in american history. even by your own admission im sure, the VAST majority of these protesters have been peaceful.
That's a dodge. Where you don't directly answer the posters point, instead point to the "vast number of women's protests that have been peaceful" Still not explaining why the modern left speakers aren't having their lectures shut down by conservatives, which happens all the time to Milo and other I might add.

So if you wore those clothes, you would be a muslim too?

You're inadvertently making an argument that people who think Obama is a muslim are at least stupid. I think it would be naive to rule out racism being a part of it as well.
Yes, if I wore those clothes it might be a possibility that I am Muslim. Is that even a real question? If I wore KKK garb would people think I might be part of the clan? Do you think about these things before you ask?
And there you go again, racism. Is that all you think about?

Throwing tomatoes at an unwilling participant at a political rally is assault by the way. So he is asking his audience to to knock someone out if they see someone about to commit a crime against him. Thats a pretty easy one dude. That doesn't count as inciting violence. Next one?

Yes, if I wore those clothes it might be a possibility that I am Muslim. Is that even a real question? If I wore KKK garb would people think I might be part of the clan? Do you think about these things before you ask?
And there you go again, racism. Is that all you think about?

But Obama isn't a muslim, is he? Beer drinking, pork eating, probably an atheist but identifies as a Christian. Those polled did not get flashed that picture and asked to make a snap judgment, this was in 2016 having known who Barack Obama is for years. And still think he's a muslim.

You're being disingenuous and you know it. Other than stupidity, or racism, why would anyone think obama is a muslim in 2016?

It's funny you're desperate to not have to deal with the idea the right wing has a significant amount of racists despite polling data and nasty vitriol to Obama, BLM, Muslims, Mexicans and other groups, but you're ignoring your "team" painting all liberals as violent rioters, despite this claim being blatantly absurd.

im positive.

obama and trump arent comparable in this context, though i know youll likely argue this point.

obama was never that outside of the norm for a democrat. so while conservatives may have really disliked him, trump is completely unusual for a candidate from any party....ever. so from a trump supporter perspective, thats a good thing. but dont be surprised when it outright scares a lot of other people.

there were those in the wr, and on the far fringe right, who literally thought obama was going to lead some communist takeover. "government motors." jade helm etc etc. those types of fringe views about trump arent on the fringe at all. both the liberal partisan media, and trump himself, are to blame. he is intentionally bombastic and shit talking, and the liberal media takes that and makes it even worse than it already is.

so trump supporters cant have their cake and eat it too. you cant expect an outsider to come in and change all kinds of shit radically, and not have tons of people radically trying to resist.

What are you talking about? The OP started a thread about the right trying to silence the left. I disagreed and gave examples of it being the other way around. If you disagree, post links of examples where conservatives were rioting over Obama, Hillary, Bernie or anyone else.

You're just making excuses for those behaving poorly on the left. Trump isn't any more radical than any other President, you just categorize him that way. That's your right, but I don't agree with your position. Let's be honest, even if Trump were some kind of radical, it doesn't give those on the left a free pass to beat, burn and destroy.

I'm not a Trump supporter, he's done a few things that worry me, his ideas on deregulating Wall Street being the main one, but that isn't radical. I've never once voted for a Republican nominee as President in my six opportunities, I think there are some conservative views just as crazy as the liberals', but for this specific topic, one about the First Amendment and Freedom of Assembly, the left is falling short on their end.

That poll number goes from 41 to 60%, and I can't find a source for it.

Where does it come from? What is the sample size? Is it legit, or just an attempt to smear Trump supporters as racist or stupid or both?

Seems like an "attempt at absurd characterization" of Trump voters by the "left".... This crazy new left that attempts character assassination on anyone they disagree with. These "liberals" are unrecognizable to those of us who once identified as such.

That poll number goes from 41 to 60%, and I can't find a source for it.

Where does it come from? What is the sample size? Is it legit, or just an attempt to smear Trump supporters as racist or stupid or both?

Seems like an "attempt at absurd characterization" of Trump voters by the "left".... This crazy new left that attempts character assassination on anyone they disagree with. These "liberals" are unrecognizable to those of us who once identified as such.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...ound-trump-clinton-still-has-modest-lead.html

Not sure how legit it is.

Let's assume it's 15% lower than the poll suggests. It's basically half.

The only explanations I can think of are stupidity, or bigotry/racism. Or both.

Using polls is about as far away as an absurd characterisation as you can get. It just needs to be taken in proper context.

Back