POPSTAR: NEVER STOP NEVER STOPPING (78% Rotten Tomatoes)

If you have seen POPSTAR, how would you rate it?

• 6 - Decent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - Average

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terribad

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters
Did you see the roast of James Franco?

He was the best one there that night with his wacky humor, it paid off in a big way/
I haven't, I'll check it out sometime. Love me me some roasts

Sasha Baron Cohen is in that same Adam Sandler toilet swirl trajectory as well. He burst onto the scene with a few back to back classics, and then his work after has been terrible.
Fair call. I'm worried that's where Andy Samberg is headed. Most comedians tend to bring their best out early and then slowly degenerate. Once they know they're funny, they stop being as funny.
Sacha Baron Cohen could also do with bringing in a good director rather than half-ass it himself, and better post production to can the garbage scenes. Shorter movies would go better so the quality to quantity ratio increases. I hate seeing how potentially brilliant comedians could be with small improvements.

I watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine occasionally, and he's undoubtedly the worst part of the show.

That scene where he went in the woods and fell down forever OMG

And Bill Hader was awesome int hat movie, especting good things from him in this one as well.
Danny McBride was great in it too.

"I'm freakin' PUMPED! I've been drinking green tea all god damn day!"

Ever since 'dick in a box', I've loved Sandberg's comedy style. The Lonely Island stuff is hilarious, and this movie looks funny as fuck. I'm def planning on seeing it.

Over the past few years, Samberg has really grown on me. I came to really like him just as he was exiting SNL and I currently LOVE Brooklyn Nine-Nine. His sense of humor is juvenile but the intelligence of his comedic constructions, from his Digital Shorts to his sitcom, allows everything to land with hilarity. I just love his comedic sensibilities and I expect this film to be further confirmation of the fact that he's a legit comedy talent.

giphy.gif
further confirmation... name of @Bullitt68's sex tape. Boom!

Danny McBride was great in it too.

"I'm freakin' PUMPED! I've been drinking green tea all god damn day!"

I never get sick of Danny McBride. He plays arguably the same role in every movie and it's fucking glorious.

I never get sick of Danny McBride. He plays arguably the same role in every movie and it's fucking glorious.

"I'll cum wherever I want!"

Franco-"If I see your dick I'll shoot it off"
McBride-"You don't have enough bullets, bitch!"

Funniest scene in whole movie.

"I'll cum wherever I want!"

Franco-"If I see your dick I'll shoot it off"
McBride-"You don't have enough bullets, bitch!"

Funniest scene in whole movie.

You're jerking your dick like a goddamn pilgrim!

Update: May 28, 2016

New POPSTAR Music Video - "I'm a Weirdo Freestyle"

Update: June 2, 2016

Critics' Reviews for POPSTAR: NEVER STOP NEVER STOPPING

ROTTEN TOMATOES: 81% approval rating (50 out of 62 critics like it)

CRITICS CONSENSUS: Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping updates the rock mockumentary for the 21st century mainstream -- and hits many of its low-hanging targets with side-splitting impact.

Popstar-Never-Stop-Never-Stopping-060216-Dragonlord.jpg

Entertainment Weekly - Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping is both mercifully short (it clocks in at just 86 minutes) and smartly self-aware enough to handle all this with easy, low-stakes grace—and if it’s not exactly unforgettable, it’s still pretty fun. B

New York Daily News - A mockumentary that does for hip-hop what that classic comedy did for heavy metal, Andy Samberg’s “Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping” is a seriously ridiculous put-on. No, it’s not a high-concept, big-budgeted summer blockbuster. But that’s sort of the point — and surprisingly the delight. 4/5

Rolling Stone - Popstar itself is too good-natured to draw blood. It's freestyle fun all the way. Everyone from Bieber to Kanye gets ribbed in this hilarious mockumentary. Above all, Popstar is nonstop party time for fans of the Lonely Island. Popstar mixes the hilarity with a surprising amount of heart. 4Real. 3/4

Richard Roeper - “Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping” clearly has a genuine admiration and affection for the very subject it hilariously skews. It’s funny because it gets it RIGHT without ever being too mean-spirited. Even the jokes referencing Anne Frank and Osama bin Laden are good-natured and almost sweet. 3.5/4

The trailer looks awful, but I usually agree with the RT meter. I guess I might check out this movie after all.

I dunno how this movie got 81% on RT. This shit was terrible. This movie is what happens when you take a 5 minute skit on SNL which would have been hilarious and stretch into a 90 film where every joke you wanted to laugh at gets beaten like a dead horse to the point the horse becomes glue and you regret laughing at the joke in the first place.

I'm shocked at the 81%. That one scene with Seal must be stronger than I thought.

Back