POPSTAR: NEVER STOP NEVER STOPPING (78% Rotten Tomatoes)

If you have seen POPSTAR, how would you rate it?

• 6 - Decent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - Average

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terribad

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
First Green-Band Trailer for POPSTAR: NEVER STOP NEVER STOPPING

Popstar-Never-Stop-Never-Stopping-031416-Dragonlord.jpg

The green-band trailer for Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping has been released. Created by The Lonely Island (Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone), the story goes behind the scenes as singer/rapper Conner4Real (Samberg) faces a crisis of popularity after his sophomore album flops, leaving his fans, sycophants and rivals all wondering what to do when he’s no longer the dopest star of all.

We haven’t had a great music comedy since Walk Hard, but the Lonely Island has been dealing out small doses in their own way with their excellent music albums. A movie seems like the next natural step, and while this green band trailer doesn’t have as many laugh out loud moments as the red band, it’s still solid.

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping opens June 3rd, and also stars Sarah Silverman, Bill Hader, Joan Cusack,Tim Meadows, Imogen Poots, and Maya Rudolph.

‘Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping’ Green Band Trailer Still Makes Lonely Island Look Dope

Over the past few years, Samberg has really grown on me. I came to really like him just as he was exiting SNL and I currently LOVE Brooklyn Nine-Nine. His sense of humor is juvenile but the intelligence of his comedic constructions, from his Digital Shorts to his sitcom, allows everything to land with hilarity. I just love his comedic sensibilities and I expect this film to be further confirmation of the fact that he's a legit comedy talent.

giphy.gif

Over the past few years, Samberg has really grown on me. I came to really like him just as he was exiting SNL and I currently LOVE Brooklyn Nine-Nine. His sense of humor is juvenile but the intelligence of his comedic constructions, from his Digital Shorts to his sitcom, allows everything to land with hilarity. I just love his comedic sensibilities and I expect this film to be further confirmation of the fact that he's a legit comedy talent.

giphy.gif

I don't know how to pm a mod....I started a thread in the video game section organizing a Sherdog PS4 UFC 2 tournament. Please sticky in the video Game section....thanks

I don't know how to pm a mod....I started a thread in the video game section organizing a Sherdog PS4 UFC 2 tournament. Please sticky in the video Game section....thanks

Are you just throwing that out there or what?

Are you just throwing that out there or what?

I tried t start a conversation with a mod but it didn't work...so I tracked one down and replied to something they posted...apologies if I hijacked your thread

I tried t start a conversation with a mod but it didn't work...so I tracked one down and replied to something they posted...apologies if I hijacked your thread
Ban!

Seriously, it's not a problem. I stickied your thread a few hours ago.

I stopped watching brooklyn 99 only good season was then first one, I also gave up on new girl. Samberg was hilarious on SNL snl needs digital shorts and robert smigel again.

This guy is becoming the next adam sandler but without all the good movies

Update: May 18, 2016

2nd Trailer for POPSTAR: NEVER STOP NEVER STOPPING

that looks like a very homosexual comedy, is it so gay its on blades of glory level?

I knew it. Seal used to fight wolves.

200w.gif

I stopped watching brooklyn 99 only good season was then first one, I also gave up on new girl. Samberg was hilarious on SNL snl needs digital shorts and robert smigel again.

You should get back into both, they are great.

CiCi (Hannah Simone) is my dream girl.

Thought it was gonna be corny but that looks hilarious
Not on Hot Rod level but still awesome

Update: May 22, 2016

POPSTAR Bin Laden Song Debuts on Saturday Night Live

Gotta tell ya, I'm stoked for this movie. Love Andy Samburg, Brooklyn Nine Nine, all his Saturday Night Live stuff and his comedy rap band the Lonely Island. This is written and stars the trio of friends from Lonely Island. I loved Hod Rod which was also written by the trio and thought it was hilarious so I have big hopes for this one, lover the trailer.

Andy Samburg plays a guy who's too rich and famous for his own good and who has no grasp on reality and his name is fucking Conor, how awesome is that??

Honestly...

Looks like shit to me. I know what the movie is doing, parodying but it just doesn't appeal.

Back