pollution is our biggest threat.

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
As the party of the past drives full speed blindly back in time revitisilizing coal and starting wars, pollutants are killing people at a higher rate than war and smoking. Add to that climate change and we are facing a real problem.

We should be funding research into green tech not articifially bumping up coal.

Nope the biggest threat is Athletes, and Hillary if you read Trumps twitter feed.

The biggest threat is age! Everyday it gets closer to finishing you off.

You hear that China and India?! Pollution is a thing!

As the party of the past drives full speed blindly back in time revitisilizing coal and starting wars, pollutants are killing people at a higher rate than war and smoking. Add to that climate change and we are facing a real problem.

Serious question, has there been a study to see if there's enough rare earth minerals to support the electric movement and what are the environmental repercussions from all the mining?
Also, are there programs being put in place to guarantee these minerals are conflict free?

That's good. Finally. I imagine it will take awhile before they catch up though. Hopefully they keep going.

Yeah they really fucked up their water supplies, as well as their breathable air, but they seem to be on the right track. The industrial boom China had the last century was ill thought out and in their race to modernization they've fucked themselves and the planet but I have way faith in China than I do India. I think everyone in the world should be doing their part, but countries like India should be held accountable in some form.

Yeah they really fucked up their water supplies, as well as their breathable air, but they seem to be on the right track. The industrial boom China had the last century was ill thought out and in their race to modernization they've fucked themselves and the planet but I have way faith in China than I do India. I think everyone in the world should be doing their part, but countries like India should be held accountable in some form.

Agreed.

Biggest threats are the Middle East. Where do all the terrorists come from? Middle East! Where do they get their funding from? Middle East coals/oils. What's causing all the pollution? Middle East coals/oils. Whose causing all the chaos in the once peaceful continent of Europe? Middle East/Africa. You get the picture. Middle East have been a war torn country since ever. Can't think of a time when it's not at war.

Honestly feel the emphasis on climate change is intended to divert the conversation from pollution

Climate change is real but the climate is always changing - it makes for an endless argument

We just accept that oceans are polluted and the fish are contaminated, for example

But there's no real traction on pollution and that's what's making everyone sick

Yes I would say so. Environmental protection is the same as Fatherland protection.
That's why its so important in countries that have a real culture for example in Western Europe or Japan.
Because the people have real connection to the actual land. They do not just follow on empty idea or a piece of paper.

Yawn.

Pollution was supposed to be a big deal in the 80s. Its 2017, and Im still alive

Investment in future technology is a solution for the future. Nothing wrong with that, but if the issue is so dire, then don't we need a solution for today?

Don't you think that our global trade status quo, of shipping raw materials to 3rd world nations with no environmental standards to be assembled by cheap labor, to then be sent back to our markets for consumption, is the lowest hanging fruit to pick for this problem?

Efficiency is the solution for today, and that starts with global trade, and locally sourced goods.

Well we have to keep mining coal to keep up production of the electric cars you are all demanding.

Not really our biggest threat. It's people in poor countries who are dying. In the worst countries, ~20-25% of all deaths. In the west it's around 5%, concentrated in certain areas only. I guess that's what they get for spending all of human evolution living in mud huts and being too dumb to live, while our ancestors were out working, innovating and creating highly complex civilizations.

Unfortunately, the technology just isn't here yet for renewables to take over. Hopefully in 20 years we'll be there.

Back