pollution is our biggest threat.

Serious question, has there been a study to see if there's enough rare earth minerals to support the electric movement and what are the environmental repercussions from all the mining?
Also, are there programs being put in place to guarantee these minerals are conflict free?
On planet Earth?

<{MingNope}>

Biggest threats are the Middle East. Where do all the terrorists come from? Middle East! Where do they get their funding from? Middle East coals/oils. What's causing all the pollution? Middle East coals/oils. Whose causing all the chaos in the once peaceful continent of Europe? Middle East/Africa. You get the picture. Middle East have been a war torn country since ever. Can't think of a time when it's not at war.

name a time when the usa hasnt been at war. europe? asia?

Thank you for the source. 1 of 6 premature deaths to pollution? That seems insane.

I just don't see it possible. I'd love to read the study and it's methods for how it came to this conclusion for myself, but the article you posted links only back to a commission on pollution and health's homepage not the actual science. I'll see if I can dig it up later

I gave you the like for being able to provide your source. Curious if I'll be able to refute it or if I'll have indeed learned something new today

Edit: I'm seeing now not in original text format but a different places summary that the biggest polution killer was unsanitary water in sub Sahara Africa. I was only thinking smog like effects. So all the viruses and bacteria leading to intentional bugs and death by diarrhea dehydration would fall under this category. I belive a leading cause of unsafe drinking water is more the unsafe removal of either human or animal waste

Another leading hitter was work pollution, such as poor country coal mine workers developing lung disease after years of exposure

With those thrown in there, I can see how the number can be much higher than I originally would think

As the party of the past drives full speed blindly back in time revitisilizing coal and starting wars, pollutants are killing people at a higher rate than war and smoking. Add to that climate change and we are facing a real problem.

We should be funding research into green tech not articifially bumping up coal.
time-to-fap-meme.jpg

You hear that China and India?! Pollution is a thing!

The United States ranks #2 behind China. "The U.S., not only is it one of the worst countries in terms in of CO2 emissions, but also with regard to water pollution and endangered species."

Biggest threats are the Middle East. Where do all the terrorists come from? Middle East! Where do they get their funding from? Middle East coals/oils. What's causing all the pollution? Middle East coals/oils. Whose causing all the chaos in the once peaceful continent of Europe? Middle East/Africa. You get the picture. Middle East have been a war torn country since ever. Can't think of a time when it's not at war.

LOL at calling the continent of Europe the "once peaceful"... dude.... when? Europe is historically incredibly violent.

Where do they get their funding? Well terrorists in Latin America were funded by the US of A. The democratically elected far more liberal government was sabotaged by the US of A, the ability for ISIS to rise came from the invasion of Iraq, and the failed war in Afghanistan. The Middle East has been a war torn "country"?

Do you know what a country is?

Also how short sided are you, the US has been at war since it's inception in some form or the other. What a silly argument.

There are just so many problems the world faces during our lifetimes. It's depressing to think about. Global warming. Nuclear proliferation. I hope we make it through this century because, if we do, the 22nd century is when we make it to the stars.

You hear that China and India?! Pollution is a thing!

China is vastly more active on that front than the US.

For all their ills they do actually rule for the good of the many.

Rich fossil fuel companies can't buy guys like Trump and Turnbull.

Well we have to keep mining coal to keep up production of the electric cars you are all demanding.

Electric cars are actually very well suited to the variable nature of solar and wind. They contain the very machine used to enhance the reliability of renewables, a battery.

Europe is the castle capital of the world and the birth place of both world wars. Hardy a peaceful history.

Important treat but no biggest

Globalism and the social/cultural destruction globalist crew is applying to my world as now is a much much worse

Still the sooner world goes beyond oil the better

Important treat but no biggest

Globalism and the social/cultural destruction globalist crew is applying to my world as now is a much much worse

Still the sooner world goes beyond oil the better

What affects of globalisation are you feeling?

Im feeling high house prices but not much else.

What affects of globalisation are you feeling?

Im feeling high house prices but not much else.

The political will of single states is vanishing and with it even more peoples political will

Taking most recent example globalisation (in our case EU) is pushing for a forced mass melting pot by allowing current mass immigration to explode and doing any political/media step to stop anybody want oppose it
See Czech Rep/Hungary try to apply the political will of theyr own population (for political gain no doubt, but still) and EU trying to fuck up theyr resistence

This result (and specially will result in future) in a wide set of problems for our society that nobody asked for
Decay of urban areas, rise of crime, problems on job occupation, house market, kids education, competition on various levels with our poors and more

Most of these are already evident in our society today, but the real effect will be seen in close and far future

On the other side pollution is absolutely a problem, but i believe is something will be solved in the medium/long run
As start there's no problem admit pollution is "bad" lol

If i must think at my kids future pollution is a secondary problem compared to others things

Back