Poll: ok simple Canelo or Chavez Jr.

Who do you think will win Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.? (Poll)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad76

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I cant believe you guys didn't have one up there yet:
Mods, help creating this poll please.

So who takes it and how:

Chavez Jr. or Canelo

Canelo will beat him and make it look easy.

Everyone who picked Chavez will suddenly forget they picked Chavez and talk about what a shit matchup it was.

Chavez would have to completely re-invent himself to win this. And it's not often that a guy can change his style and be effective against high level competition, let alone a p4p fighter. Berto fighting Guerrero, Hatton against Pac, etc. Maybe if he trained with Nacho for a couple of years and got in some work before this fight he'd be able to get something done. But once he starts getting touched, he's going to revert back to the same ol' Chavez Jr. we've always seen. And while he's pressing his head into Canelo's chest he's going to eat uppercuts and body shots.

His only hope is his power, and I don't think he's a good enough boxer to apply it on Canelo consistently enough.

I think Chavez will take it by UD. More power better trained.

Canelo will beat him and make it look easy.

Everyone who picked Chavez will suddenly forget they picked Chavez and talk about what a shit matchup it was.
Canelo's gonna stop him in 4rds.
Brutally.

I think Chavez will take it by UD. More power better trained.

Nothing Nacho has shown him will stick for more than 2 rounds. That's why Nacho is already making excuses.

Nothing Nacho has shown him will stick for more than 2 rounds. That's why Nacho is already making excuses.
Hopefully in those 2 rounds Chavez can stick some good punches into Canelo's red head to remove some year of elementary school and do some good damage; something Canelo hasn't experience yet.

Hopefully in those 2 rounds Chavez can stick some good punches into Canelo's red head to remove some year of elementary school and do some good damage; something Canelo hasn't experience yet.

{<jimmies}

Get ready for disappointment.

@cottagecheesefan

You picking Chavez for the upset?

Yes.
@cottagecheesefan

You picking Chavez for the upset?

Yup. I think Canelo's style isn't going to work vs Chavez size and pressure. I think Canelo is too bulky and is going to gas.

This is all depending on if Chavez is in shape or not. But I feel he is older, and possibly mature enough to rise to this occasion. It will be the Buster Douglas performance of his disappointing career.

I have it as a competitive fight until Chavez fades and gets stopped in later rounds. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Yes.

Yup. I think Canelo's style isn't going to work vs Chavez size and pressure. I think Canelo is too bulky and is going to gas.

This is all depending on if Chavez is in shape or not. But I feel he is older, and possibly mature enough to rise to this occasion. It will be the Buster Douglas performance of his disappointing career.
Chavez got a gift against a fat Brian Vera. He's not beating Canelo.

Junior doesn't really have big power. He's a grinder.
he is going to dominate the fighting zone and that will give him the edge, Canelo is going to be force to go back and he is not going to do that; that will be his downfall

I just gave Canelo the kiss of death !! I picked him to win . Everyone quick sell your homes get a second loan and bet it all on chavez lol

I just gave Canelo the kiss of death !! I picked him to win . Everyone quick sell your homes get a second loan and bet it all on chavez lol

If you bet the farm on Jr. and he pulls it off you should win Monsanto.

Nacho saying now that defense will be key

Has Chavez shown a high level of defense ?

Back