Poll: ok simple Canelo or Chavez Jr.

Who do you think will win Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.? (Poll)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nacho saying now that defense will be key

Has Chavez shown a high level of defense ?

Not that I've seen. If there was a trainer who could take Chavez' style and make it more defensive, it would be Nacho. But even if Jr. were incredibly teachable (which he hasn't shown), it would still take more than one training camp for him to be able to apply it at a high level.

Alvarez bro took a beating last night from Omar Chavez; a sign of things to come fellas.

Why do people always doubt Canelo?

Canelo KO in the 8th or 9th. I know it will make money, but it's a shit fight.

Canelo by besmirchment.

JCC style plays right into Canelos strengths. He walks himself right into a bomb.

Chavez could box better, using his range and proper footwork.

He just won't. And he'll walk into sickening right crosses and uppercuts. He may last 6 rounds, because of his chin.

Why do people always doubt Canelo?
I ask this question as well. He had 1 bad fight in his entire career against FLOYD. Guy has looked like the terminator in every other fight and his skill level is more than legit.

I really hope we dont see the typical "His opponent was always overrated" after all the people that are doubting Canelo here. Its pretty crazy.

Canelo by besmirchment.

JCC style plays right into Canelos strengths. He walks himself right into a bomb.
Add struggling weight cut meets Canelo's body work.

Woof.

This isnt the same Chavez Jr that fought Martinez 5 years ago, even then he was killing himself to make 160 and looked average, I used to think this was going to be competetive fight but now I think were going to see a new and improved Canelo

Canelo by stoppage after 8 rounds

I wonder what Nacho and Marquez will say about Canelo after he destroys Chavez Jr since they never cut Canelo any slack

This isnt the same Chavez Jr that fought Martinez 5 years ago, even then he was killing himself to make 160 and looked average, I used to think this was going to be competetive fight but now I think were going to see a new and improved Canelo

Canelo by stoppage after 8 rounds

I wonder what Nacho and Marquez will say about Canelo after he destroys Chavez Jr since they never cut Canelo any slack
he will till him congrats and say one day you might be as great as Marquez with proper training

Chavez is stiff, slow and telegraph's his power punches...

It's a mismatch... worse than Cotto.

Canelo ain't stopping Chavez but he should win because he's more talented.

I think the fight will be good though. Should be some good slugfest moments. Liam Smith had Canelo on the ropes for a few moments. Chavez can work the body and make it interesting, I hope.

Back