Polar Bear vs. A Really Cool Opatmus

Polar Bear vs. A Really Cool Opatmus

• Total voters
I would pick an angry game hippo bull over any land animal except for the elephant and possibly the rhino.

No solo predator is fucking with a healthy adult hippo.

Hippos are terrifying animals.

they sometimes hunt walruses and fight eachother.

Right, sometimes. Sometimes hippos fight one another and fight other killer beasts.

But his point was about hunting for every meal. To which my counter point stands

I'm gonna go with the Hippo in this one. Bears are awesome, but Hippo's are just too big IMO.

Weight classes exist for a reason. Size is a huge advantage.

My girl was born in Alaska and is Native American.. Her godparents were Inuit. We have a HUGE polar bear rug... her Father shot the bear back in the 60's. Found out recently that the rug is worth about 30000. Bonus.

My girl was born in Alaska and is Native American.. Her godparents were Inuit. We have a HUGE polar bear rug... her Father shot the bear back in the 60's. Found out recently that the rug is worth about 30000. Bonus.

When I 'make it' and start bringing in big paychecks, I WILL have a fucking authentic polar bear cloak.

Hiphopotamus would pull his 9 milli and drop that privileged bear.

Hippos are fat and tough as they come but i think polar bears are just too game. They have killed massive animals such as narwals, bull walruses, and some have claimed that they have even killed full grown orcas and white sharks.
I'm calling BS on that unless it's referring to isolated incidents of those animals being vulnerable due to being beached or something. There's no way a polar bear would kill a healthy, adult killer whale or white shark in its natural habitat.

Hippo.

The only animal in the animal kingdom that beats a hippo is the elephant and possibly the rhino, although I have my doubts about the rhino.

A fair fight would be the polar bear vs. the silverback gorilla, imo.
I think a pb destroys a sb gorilla

some have claimed that they have even killed full grown orcas and white sharks.

I don't see how this would even be possible. You are talking something that weighs 1500lbs versus something that weighs 5+ tons.

they have like twice the weight of a polar bear and their mouth opens big enough and closes with enough force that they could kill them with a single bite

polar bears kill big ass walruses, by getting them from the side to avoid their teeth, but hippos are aggressive as fuck towards predators. it just comes down to whether the bear can avoid the first bite and get on their side

im no hippo expert though, im just going based on what ive seen on animal planet, documentaries and grainy youtube videos
Doubt very much the hippo could kill the polar with a single bite. It is not going to get the closing strength IMO if its jaws are that widely open.

However the hippo does win just from the first charge and collision. A brute force blunt instrument attack as the hippo plows into the bear bowls him over and then proceeds to trample him and bite him.

Similar to how a bear beats a human. Its not the bite first, its the bear plowing into us and knocking us flying and then mauling us once down.

A fair fight would be the polar bear vs. the silverback gorilla, imo.

lolwut?

A Polar Bear wouldn't even notice a Silver backs overhand right lol

On topic: a Hippo destroys a Polar Bear. It's twice it's size for fucksakes.

lolwut?

A Polar Bear wouldn't even notice a Silver backs overhand right lol

On topic: a Hippo destroys a Polar Bear. It's twice it's size for fucksakes.
lol ITT a bunch of combat sports fans who dont understand the importance of weight classes. A SMALL female hippo is still 2500 pounds, and many exceed 3000. A LARGE male hippo is over 5000 and some have been weighed over 7000. A male hippo would wreck a tag team duo of polar bear and silverback. Polar bears can kill an adolescent hippo though.

lol ITT a bunch of combat sports fans who dont understand the importance of weight classes. A SMALL female hippo is still 2500 pounds, and many exceed 3000. A LARGE male hippo is over 5000 and some have been weighed over 7000. A male hippo would wreck a tag team duo of polar bear and silverback. Polar bears can kill an adolescent hippo though.

Not to mention Hippo's are surrounded by and used to the craziest predators on Earth and have to deal with them on the daily.

Polar Bears are badass but they literally live at the top of the food chain where they are.

Maybe in certain areas they run into some crazy shit like Siberian Tigers and so on but if anything I'd think those two just avoid one another. Not that a giant Polar Bear couldn't fuck up a Tiger, but still.

Largets hippo on earth would get Ko'd brutally by a polar bear. The bear is much faster, more agile, and has weapons that arent just a biggoofy mouth. Hippo's are just fat with a sweet bite

Doubt very much the hippo could kill the polar with a single bite. It is not going to get the closing strength IMO if its jaws are that widely open.

However the hippo does win just from the first charge and collision. A brute force blunt instrument attack as the hippo plows into the bear bowls him over and then proceeds to trample him and bite him.

Similar to how a bear beats a human. Its not the bite first, its the bear plowing into us and knocking us flying and then mauling us once down.
yeah because the much more explosive bear is just gonna stand there and get rammed. side step and a swat to the face with those massive paws and claws, and the hippo eats shit

yeah because the much more explosive bear is just gonna stand there and get rammed. side step and a swat to the face with those massive paws and claws, and the hippo eats shit
I don't think a polar bear knows how to back down or run from a fight.

He will see the hippo as some type of open weight fighter who is just in bad shape and will make a great meal. I think the bear rears up on to hind legs expecting to intimidate the hippo who just plows into him and then tramples over him.

Back