Polar Bear vs. A Really Cool Opatmus

Polar Bear vs. A Really Cool Opatmus

• Total voters
Polar bear has experience on its side too. They are the only bears who have to hunt for every meal. They are constantly looking to kill.

But that's for animals it can make a meal out of, not other animals equal to the task.

anything that flings it's shit in that manner frightens me

Hippo.

The only animal in the animal kingdom that beats a hippo is the elephant and possibly the rhino, although I have my doubts about the rhino.

A fair fight would be the polar bear vs. the silverback gorilla, imo.
i think youre all sleeping on the elephant seal:

article-0-00D2E0E01000044C-735_634x444.jpg

look at the size of these fuckers. They are capable fighters too, and their only predators are orcas and great whites (two of earth's GOAT hunters).
SG_EleSealFight1.jpg

I'll take hippo.

It at least had some experience with fighting against jaws and claws

The polar bear may not know how to avoid that mouth that can open up so wide.

I'd say bigger chance a polar bear makes a fatal mistake

Some tribes call hippos the devil pig.

That's all.

I'd take the Hippo.

Here is a video of a polar bear trying to take down a walrus, a much slower and less agile creature. This particular polar bear is weak from travel and hunger, but he had literally nothing for even small walrus and actually gets dealt a mortal wound by a larger one during their scuffle.

I see the hippo knocking over the pb and trampling it/ breaking it with its bite.

Hippos might not be a predator, but they are very territorial, and known to break crocodiles in half with their bite. Their size, durability, and strength would be overwhelming, imo.

This guy gets it

Hippo.

The only animal in the animal kingdom that beats a hippo is the elephant and possibly the rhino, although I have my doubts about the rhino.

A fair fight would be the polar bear vs. the silverback gorilla, imo.
A polar bear is 4x a silver backs size lol

A polar bear is 4x a silver backs size lol
Yeah, some think(because they're really strong?) that a silverback would stand a chance against an alpha grizzly/Kodiak/polar bear. In reality, likely only an elephant, hippo, or rhino would be the favorite(on land).

Really? I would imagine a Polar bear would win that. But I know hippos are underrated like Mousasi.
I've seen footage of where a hippo fights off an entire pride of lions by itself and even kills one of them. We're talking well over a dozen lions. Polar bears are solitary hunters too, so a polar bear would have no chance. A hippo would destroy basically any animal one-on-one or even one-on-12+ except elephants because they're just too big. They're HUGE, mean motherfuckers with a thick coat of armor on their skin. They have mouths like crocodiles and the brute force of their head butts is concussive even to the biggest, toughest animals.

I've seen footage of where a hippo fights off an entire pride of lions by itself and even kills one of them. We're talking well over a dozen lions. Polar bears are solitary hunters too, so a polar bear would have no chance. A hippo would destroy basically any animal one-on-one or even one-on-12+ except elephants because they're just too big. They're HUGE, mean motherfuckers with a thick coat of armor on their skin. They have mouths like crocodiles and the brute force of their head butts is concussive even to the biggest, toughest animals.

I hated watching that. I really love cats. Hippos just remind me of all the fat people taking up two seats on my bus.

Back