Poirier vs Colby

Hurrikeen

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello forum

A long time lurker on this forum as I’ve started to get into UFC in the last 5 years or so.

My first thread…

Given Colby’s stock is shot at the moment and Dustin has been vocal in saying he can’t find a willing contender, could this be the next matchup for both fighters?

If so, how do you see it play out?

I thought Colby would have given Leon plenty of problems but clearly that wasn’t the case. I don’t think Leon was particularly brilliant, but I do think Colby was dreadful.

Reckon Poirier could pull this off at 170?

I think it would be great trash talking and build up but I don't see Colby as relevant anymore, but yeah I'd watch this fight TS

I think it would be great trash talking and build up but I don't see Colby as relevant anymore, but yeah I'd watch this fight TS

Frankly, Poirier isn't relevant anymore, either.

But at least Poirier is likable.

I think the greatest excision of the turd we know as Colby would be complete abandonment.

Colby brings nothing to the table, no punching power, no submission excellence, nothing.

Everyone should ignore him at this point, going forward.

<Fedor23>

Sure. We can see if there really was something wrong with Colby, or if he just got that much older since last year.

Poirier is looking for exciting fights after that he'll have zero interest in a Colby fight.

He'd probably fight Diaz instead.

Noth these dudes are washed Porier less so but this fight does nothing for either of them lol

Colby loses? He lost to a lightweight
Porier wins? He beat a has-been

“i wish colby would just disappear, he’s not relevant…”

no. you love him. you will watch no matter what he does. and if he beats dustin, you will talk about him even more.

I think there is a reason Dustin said he refused to fight colby

which is either he knows the outcome from experience or he hates him so much that he does not want Colby to benefit financially from a fight with DP (but wouldn’t DP’s family benefit financially from a fight with Chaos?)

Hello forum

A long time lurker on this forum as I’ve started to get into UFC in the last 5 years or so.

My first thread…

Given Colby’s stock is shot at the moment and Dustin has been vocal in saying he can’t find a willing contender, could this be the next matchup for both fighters?

I thought Colby would have given Leon plenty of problems but clearly that wasn’t the case. I don’t think Leon was particularly brilliant, but I do think Colby was dreadful.

Colby's stock is the exact opposite of shot. He's so hot right now that five years of lurking and he is your first ever thread.

You're not alone as people keep making new threads about him daily. At this rate, with a little luck, he'll walk out of 2024 as champion.

For the fight itself, I think it would be similar to the Mas fight.

Not really an interesting fight. Dustin only had a few fights left, I don’t want him to waste one on that bum.

This is an incredibly lame fight. Poirier is a former featherweight with a known weakness to wrestling. Colby is a wrestler who has ducked top contenders in his own division for 5 years. Colby's next opponent should be Shavkat or Burns. Poirier needs to suck it up and fight Arman or Gamrot. Both guys are known rank squatters coming off of embarrassing losses. Them fighting each other does nothing to bring them back to title contention, would just be most likely a warmup fight for Colby against yet another easier stylistic matchup. Time to pay the piper and man up by facing other contenders.

Reactions: lsa
Covington needs to be fed to either Rakhmonov or Wonderboy or someone of that calibre. He has been given too many title shots without earning them.

Noth these dudes are washed Porier less so but this fight does nothing for either of them lol

Colby loses? He lost to a lightweight
Porier wins? He beat a has-been
Well that's a retarded opinion... If Dustin wins he beat a top 5 ranked WW.

Hello forum

My first thread…

No - Poiriers TDD is shite.

Colby vs. anyone in lower top 10 at WW.

Poirier vs Arman at LW.

IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back