Poirier’s reflex exercises

I see no countdown video for this event yet

He should play Gradius

066g3storm.gif
Baby's First Shoot Em Up?

tumblr_inline_nqx6w0tsLG1snkc9k_250.gif

Poirier needs some bullet hell in his regimen

Playing games teaches you to play games.

You’re not going to become a better or faster fighter via hitting lights on a wall.

No it was like a video gm. They would light a lamp and time how fast he hit the button. They had a bunch of different ones.

I remember Jake Ellenberger using that machine. And in his fight I remember him getting rekt.

This is Poirirers reflexes trainer
13332394284869.gif

now you know why there are no available videos of Poirerer performing the exercise

Playing games teaches you to play games.

You’re not going to become a better or faster fighter via hitting lights on a wall.

this is not true at all

https://www.wired.com/2010/09/gamer-decisions/

Action-game players get tutored in detecting a range of visual and acoustic evidence that supports increasingly speedy decisions with no loss of precision, the scientists report in the Sept. 14 Current Biology. Researchers call this skill probabilistic inference.

“What’s surprising in our study is that action games improved probabilistic inference not just for the act of gaming, but for unrelated and rather dull tasks,” Bavelier says.

Some gamers may have superior probabilistic inference skills to begin with, but an additional experiment indicates that playing action games amplifies an ability to analyze sensory information, Bavelier says.

and another study
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/05/0528_030528_videogames.html

It is certainly good training for people in situations where they need to detect things in their visual environment at any time in any location, like ground troops going through uncharted territory," said Daphne Bavelier, an associate professor of brain and cognitive sciences at the University of Rochester.

Somebody please make a video mashup with this and step dance

The boxer Vasyl Lomachenko uses devices like that to train with. And I have seen lots of gyms and dojo's with similar equipment. I've never used any set up that way. But I have used ones where you have to react to a single light. They do work.

Studies show that people who regularly play first-person shooter games achieve the reflexes of top fighter pilots. Moreover, they expand the brain regions associated with visual perception and problem solving.

Sounds like Poirier needs to stop being a little bitch and get on that Call of Duty training regime. No pain no gain.

<{clintugh}>

I'd say battlefield but ea turned that to shit too.

Last edited:
Back