Poatan can't fight Aspinall yet

Motivated BJ Penn

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I see alot of people rooting for this fight but they are forgetting Aspinall is only the interim champ, the belt belongs to Jones right now. So why not fight the actual champion or wait until he most likely retires after he beats the corpse of Stipe?

Both guys need to clean out their respective divisions first.

Both guys need to clean out their respective divisions first.
You can't clean out a division when the champ refuses to fight anyone other than the otherwise retired former champ and the UFC refuses to strip him for it.

You can't clean out a division when the champ refuses to fight anyone other than the otherwise retired former champ and the UFC refuses to strip him for it.
Frankly, I didn't count Jones and Stipe. I believe both guys retire after their fight.

I do believe Bones needs to be stripped though. If they're looking at this as a legacy fight, put it as a co-main on the Conor card then they can both call it a career.

Before that we should at least understand if aspinall is the real champ or not.

on top of what's been mentioned above, this is a serious 'size matters' issue. you do realize poatan fights at MW when he wants to.

on top of what's been mentioned above, this is a serious 'size matters' issue. you do realize poatan fights at MW when he wants to.

Pereira is a bigger man than Aspinal. he just carries no excessive muscle or fat mass. but his bone structure is bigger

Pereira is a bigger man than Aspinal. he just carries no excessive muscle or fat mass. but his bone structure is bigger
trouble believing that. are there any shots of them standing side by side?

im a jones fan but they need to strip him at this point. he hasn't fought in over a year. they did the same to jiri and hill.

aspinall vs poatan for the real belt
jones gets first crack 'if' he wants to come back

I see alot of people rooting for this fight but they are forgetting Aspinall is only the interim champ, the belt belongs to Jones right now. So why not fight the actual champion or wait until he most likely retires after he beats the corpse of Stipe?
Reasonable point, but if they wait for Jon jones they could be waiting forever… the guy fights like once every 5 years, he’s coming off an injury and doesn’t seem to want to fight anyways.

Back