Po Po or one time shoot teen for stealing booze, here we go again with the riots

...the police did shoot to death a man accused of stealing from a deli. The title is perfectly accurate. More importantly, the article describes the events that took place perfectly, giving absolutely no indication that the shooting was not warranted.

The very first sentence of the article:

Police shot to death a robber early Sunday who tried to steal beer from a Brooklyn bodega using a fake gun, authorities said.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. Here's the next part:

"He put six pack of beer on top of counter, and after he put the gun next to my face he try, he wanna kill me," deli clerk Muhammad Ali said. "He hold the gun and he want to try to kill me five times."

Wow, totally anti-cop. Let's read on:

The officers asked him to drop his weapon, but Reyes raised his immitation gun toward them, police said. The officers fired several shots, striking him multiple times and killing him, police said.

Reyes was pronounced dead at Woodhull Hospital, police said.
Officers recovered a fake black gun at the scene.

Pretty good article actually, just the facts, like we want. Right? You should have more of an issue with the thread starter making shit up to get you guys riled up. You guys seem to troll the news looking for things to twist sometimes. Read the first post, pretty twisted take on the article. Then some guys starts talking about

Just out of curiosity, where did you stand on the Mike Brown shooting?

Just out of curiosity, where did you stand on the Mike Brown shooting?

Based on what I heard, I agreed with the grand jury that there was insufficient evidence to suggest the shooting was not justified. Too many witnesses said the same thing, which is that Brown attacked the officer in the car, then charged at him when he pursued.

Shit situation for the officer to respond too.

Honestly, assuming the official story is accurate, the victim here is the poor guy who has to live with killing somebody with a fake gun. There are people who never fully recover from that type of thing.

Assuming the Police are correct in their recounting of events; this was a good shoot. I qualified on the Beretta M9 (92 FS) and own a 96A1. That toy gun looks like a Beretta with Pachmayr style grips. The young adult punched his own ticket by his actions.

...did you read the article? They described it exactly how it happened, and gave voice to the victim who was robbed.
If liberal media such as NBC hadn't been pushing anti-police rhetoric ever since Michael Brown, I'd probably agree with you.

But this is one of the common tactics they use. They try to use language that makes the casual reader assume the guy did something completely non-violent, and the cops just decided to shoot him because...u know...racism or something.

And if your (rightful) response is, "Only an idiot would assume racism even though there's clearly no proof," I'd like to introduce you to black lives matter and their allies.

So yes, I think conservatives are a bit sensitive about it.

Last edited:
If liberal media such as NBC hadn't been pushing anti-police rhetoric ever since Michael Brown, I'd probably agree with you.

But this is one of the common tactics they use. They try to use language that makes the casual reader assume the guy did something completely non-violent, and the cops just decided to shoot him because...u know...racism or something.

And if your (rightful) response is, "Only an idiot would assume racism even though there's clearly no proof," I'd like to introduce you to black lives matter and their allies.

So yes, I think conservatives are a bit sensitive about it.

A bit sensitive is right. I understand the concern, and I see how the title could have been less dismissive, but the article was not even the least bit biased.

This article stuck to the facts of the shooting and did not even mention the race of the officer or victim. It really did everything a conservative would want.

A bit sensitive is right. I understand the concern, and I see how the title could have been less dismissive, but the article was not even the least bit biased.

This article stuck to the facts of the shooting and did not even mention the race of the officer or victim. It really did everything a conservative would want.
After reading it again, I'll agree. The article was fair. And I've seen far worse clickbait headlines than that.

But I will say that "stealing" is inherently less violent than "robbing," so their word choice does raise an eyebrow.

Back