Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (First Look at Young Jack Sparrow in New Trailer)

Which one of the young characters is supposed to be Will Turner's kid?

The hottie or the idiot?

Last edited:
@Dragonlordxxxxx

8/10

This rating May drop in the future because I'm comparing this directly to Stranger Tides which I thought was God awful. Hollywood keeps trying to Make Brendan Thwaites happen , last year in Gods of Eqypt , he has some good qualities, but behind the pretty face he is lacking in charisma . The Female lead is Kaya Scolidero from the Maze Runner Movies , this is my first time seeing her on screen as I've never seen those flicks . I like her here, she has a way about her that is attractive but believable , that said despite her pretty face it's weird that Thwaites has a more effeminate face than her. Javier Bardem is a much better villain here than Mcshane in the last movie , he was really wasted there. Bardem hams it up as Salazar and plays him as pissed off and merciless. For Depp and Rush they can basically play Sparrow and Barbosa in their sleep . The difference is even though Depp is fine as Sparrow he looks bored where as Rush was much better ( for good reason).

Bloom and Knightly are here more in Cameo roles for The sake of the Plot , it's weird because in Worlds End Will Turner's Role as the Captain of Dutchman is played off as something noble at the end of that movie here they made it a curse again for the sake of the Narrative . Knightly doesn't have any lines. Also there is an end Credtis Scene , I don't known if it was supposed to be closer or a teaser , it was a bit odd [Spoiler/]

@Dragonlordxxxxx

8/10

This rating May drop in the future because I'm comparing this directly to Stranger Tides which I thought was God awful. Hollywood keeps trying to Make Brendan Thwaites happen , last year in Gods of Eqypt , he has some good qualities, but behind the pretty face he is lacking in charisma . The Female lead is Kaya Scolidero from the Maze Runner Movies , this is my first time seeing her on screen as I've never seen those flicks . I like her here, she has a way about her that is attractive but believable , that said despite her pretty face it's weird that Thwaites has a more effeminate face than her. Javier Bardem is a much better villain here than Mcshane in the last movie , he was really wasted there. Bardem hams it up as Salazar and plays him as pissed off and merciless. For Depp and Rush they can basically play Sparrow and Barbosa in their sleep . The difference is even though Depp is fine as Sparrow he looks bored where as Rush was much better ( for good reason).

Bloom and Knightly are here more in Cameo roles for The sake of the Plot , it's weird because in Worlds End Will Turner's Role as the Captain of Dutchman is played off as something noble at the end of that movie here they made it a curse again for the sake of the Narrative . Knightly doesn't have any lines. Also there is an end Credtis Scene , I don't known if it was supposed to be closer or a teaser , it was a bit odd [Spoiler/]
I'm skipping this one and just wait for the home video. I've never been a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean series but good to know that you liked it and it didn't suck.

I'm skipping this one and just wait for the home video. I've never been a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean series but good to know that you liked it and it didn't suck.
Oh as whole the series sucks other than the first one , bit I've enjoyed the movies , except for Stranger Tides.

I don't mind these series for some reason...probably more so than Fast&Furious

loved all of them except stranger tides which was meh

ill see this. @heavyarms21 thanks for letting me know its better than the last garbage

Just came back from the theater. Was pleasantly surprised. Honestly, I liked it. I think its better than 2, 3 and 4.

The audience seems to have enjoyed it also. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. The movie was a tad cheesy at times and a bit too predictable, but otherwise I think it was great.

The visuals were beautiful, and the ending was pretty damn cool imo. The story wasn't a convoluted mess like 2 and 3, and the new characters were much more charismatic than those in the 4th movie.

Kaya Scodelario is a hotty for sure. I think I have a new Hollywood crush. Jack Sparrow was... Jack sparrow, nothing new there.

People will give me shit, but I liked it more than Guardians 2 (which I gave a 7) with it falling flat of the original (I gave that a 10).

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 was a solid 8.

I only thought there where three films out?

The 1st Pirates was far and away the best. Even though 2 and 3 weren't as good I still enjoyed them. The 4th one was pure garbage IMO. Even if it was just average I wouldn't of minded because I love the characters and the premise, but it was so bad I just got over it.

Saw the trailer for this one while at Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Won't lie, it looked pretty cool on the giant 3D IMAX screen. Might check it out if the reviews are better. Good to see that Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley are back.

Edit: Just checked rottentomatoes 32% critics (ouch), 80% audience though. Lmao at Baywatch at 18%.

Has anyone seen this?

I might go see it today

I am just looking for good visuals and good action

@Dragonlordxxxxx

8/10

Good shit

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD shit

So I will see it today

I honestly do not remember Stranger Tides at all, but this movie was ass.

Everyone is just a caricature of people now. Javier was great, but was not given much to work with. Depp and Rush both felt phoned in, and the two new characters were dull.

4/10

Also, for those interested in Bloom and Knightley,

Bloom is in for maybe 5 minutes, and Keira does not even talk.

Saw this the other night. It was long and fun, but not necessarily "great." They did a good job of tying up loose threads from previous movies. It was interesting to see Sparrow's origin. I wish they had developed Bardem's character a bit more. The actor has the depth to handle it. Nice to see Barbossa get a little time to shine. Jack Sparrow himself was completely unmemorable, on the other hand.

And the newcomers to the franchise were absolutely bland and forgettable.

Took the kids yesterday. Some obvious plot holes with regards to his compass, but it was pretty entertaining.

Just watched it. Some of the story elements were eyerolling convenient but it was a fun movie with gorgeous shots and entertaining action

It's good as an escape movie but is no "curse of the black pearl"

Put it on par with the 3rd pirates movie, much better than stranger tides

Back