Phil Davis vs Jon Jones

I dont see how Phil Davis could ever beat jones. Davis lost to Bader (twice now lmao) and Evans, who jones destroyed. And not only that but Jones is better in nearly every single department. I think jones will outwrestle him, outstrike him, and if it goes into the championship rounds I think jones cardio and heart will seal the deal.
It would be a boring decision worse than the OSP fight. Jones ain't destroying anyone anymore at Lhw

I used to think Phil was going to develop into something serious like Jon Jones did. Boy, was I a fool.
Phil Davis and Ryan Bader were the new breed of wrestle boxers that were going to take over MMA...

It would be a boring decision worse than the OSP fight. Jones ain't destroying anyone anymore at Lhw

Did you watch the fight tongiht? It was not abundantly apparent that Bader had won, and the commentator even had davis winning the first 3 rounds. However, Jones dominated that OSP fight. It may have been boring but Jones dominating in the striking and wrestling departament.

Did you watch the fight tongiht? It was not abundantly apparent that Bader had won, and the commentator even had davis winning the first 3 rounds. However, Jones dominated that OSP fight. It may have been boring but Jones dominating in the striking and wrestling departament.
He won't dominate Davis with his wrestling and Jones doesn't have the power to get Davis respect

Jones would pick him apart while he stuffs every takedown.

Yea definitely just like Anderson never destroyed anyone after Leites and Maia

Let's see how Jones will look without steroids. ;)

Phils mat wrestling credentials and MMA wrestling credentials obviously speak for themself....but i just think Bader has his number.
I know some people think davis won that fight last night(which you actually could make an argument for) but he couldnt get ryan to the mat at all and rest of the fight was boring as hell.
Mr wonderful losing the title just based on being negated by bader wrestling wise and making the rest of the fight ASS-trocious and lustily booable would have certainly been justified in my mind.....
I mean at least bader has the ability to be a exciting fighter and a knockout striker.

Davis has some nice kicks(when he uses them) but boy is the rest of his striking piss poor....he's not so much sloppy or anything....he's just too tentative to pull the trigger as well as being inaccurate and pillow fisted(these being the results of that apprehensivness i believe)

Also....
This is off topic, but for a guy with an ivy league education
He comes off like a bit of a jagaloon....or maybe he's just trying to be funny

I also get the faint notion he might be a closeted homosexual

Last edited:
Remember Davis hilariously trying to talk his way into that fight years ago..

jonjones_phildavis_evelynrodrigues.jpg
The funniest thing is, Jones said that Davis is not focused at all and he is gonna catch one of those Rumble's head kicks, which really happened, lol.

Back