PFL 2018 #2: Thurs. June 21, 5:40 ET Prelims/9PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion

This point system is so stupid because it really comes down to who you get as opponents to rack up points.

And this is the third screwup/bad regulating by the IL athletic commission tonight. It's unreal.

1) Watley wins by TKO after throwing a groin kick so painful that Tavares can't get up
2) Cleveland won by TKO (Retirement) as Yusupov was broken, and instead of Round 2 5:00 like a normal commission, they pushed it to Round 3 0:01, depriving Cleveland of a playoff point
3) Halsey won by TKO (Doctor Stoppage) as Rama was cut badly, and instead of Round 2 5:00 like a normal commission, they pushed it to Round 3 0:01, depriving Halsey of a playoff point

NYSAC must have spoken to them, before the show

And this is the third screwup/bad regulating by the IL athletic commission tonight. It's unreal.

1) Watley wins by TKO after throwing a groin kick so painful that Tavares can't get up
2) Cleveland won by TKO (Retirement) as Yusupov was broken, and instead of Round 2 5:00 like a normal commission, they pushed it to Round 3 0:01, depriving Cleveland of a playoff point
3) Halsey won by TKO (Doctor Stoppage) as Rama was cut badly, and instead of Round 2 5:00 like a normal commission, they pushed it to Round 3 0:01, depriving Halsey of a playoff point
Wow that is really bad, people getting robbed.

Is that what happened? I was talking to my gf saying the same thing, they didnt go to round 3 so how can it be a round 3 stoppage? I didnt see the watley decision. Hopefully ray sefo can get some of that sorted out. Also something they probably didnt think of

Hard to judge what will go to decision but it cant be that hard to get it down. Their prelims are just go go go so maybe more promotion between fights
I love the fast pacing cause usually you don't get so many odd abrupt stoppages.
I think the only mistake PFL made is not starting the final two prelims with 5-10minutes in between, because at that point you're aware you've got some time to spare.

His performances have always varied depending on his training imo.Some guys need to be 100% to perform to their potential and it's usually the overly muscled or explosive fighters for obvious reasons.That wasn't Halsey at his peak and I don't think a good representation of his overall abilities.He looked like he did before he really turned a corner and looked good.I don't think he cares as much anymore tbh and I expect this version or worse from now on but that's just a guess.

Ya, I also think he has a confidence issue. If he doesn't steamroll a guy, then he loses momentum. I just remember his performances to winning the bellator title, and he looked like a killer. Just disappointing a little, this is probably what he is now.

I love the fast pacing cause usually you don't get so many odd abrupt stoppages.
I think the only mistake PFL made is not starting the final two prelims with 5-10minutes in between, because at that point you are aware you've got some time to spare.
Bellator prelims were always like that too. Just blazed through and done. Sit and twiddle up to an hour away waiting on the Main.

Bellator prelims were always like that too. Just blazed through and done. Sit and twiddle up to an hour away waiting on the Main.
I have been there for that too, although feom the 5 bellator fights ive been to the last 2 were better. They still had post lims tho, i cant forgive that

I have been there for that too, although feom the 5 bellator fights ive been to the last 2 were better. They still had post lims tho, i cant forgive that
And PFL did that Postlim bull the last event. Leaving a 30 minute gap that could have been filled.

Thankfully that's not the case today. Hopefully never again.

Curious about women 155... if you thought 145 was weak. Only thing that might be worse is Gabbi Weight...

Here's the IL Regs for MMA: http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/068/068013700E06300R.html

2) FOULS
B) Accidental
i) If the referee determines, either from his or her own observation or on the advise of the physician, that the bout should not continue because of the injury from the accidental foul, the bout will be declared a no contest if the foul occurred:
· during the first 2 rounds of a non-championship bout; or
· during the first 3 rounds of a championship bout.
iii) A contestant who is hit with an accidental low-blow must continue after a reasonable amount of time, but no more than 5 minutes, or he or she may lose the bout by technical knockout.

So, they have both.

His performances have always varied depending on his training imo.Some guys need to be 100% to perform to their potential and it's usually the overly muscled or explosive fighters for obvious reasons.That wasn't Halsey at his peak and I don't think a good representation of his overall abilities.He looked like he did before he really turned a corner and looked good.I don't think he cares as much anymore tbh and I expect this version or worse from now on but that's just a guess.

I think this was a pretty accurate representation of him honestly. Looks awesome on offense but insanely fragile, Goulet-esque strike resistance.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/21/17491180/thiago-tavares-will-appeal-bizarre-tko-loss-pfl-2
"Thiago Tavares is still in pain after his PFL 2 loss to Robert Watley.

The longtime UFC veteran made his debut under the Professional Fighters League banner against the lightweight prospect Thursday night in Chicago, but the fight abruptly ended seconds into round two after Watley landed a vicious — and unintentional — low blow.

A few hours after the end of the fight, Tavares informed MMA Fighting he was in the hospital for exams and was still experiencing pain in the groin and abdomen area. Tavares said via text message that he wasn’t given a reason why the fight wasn’t ruled a no-contest, and said he “undoubtedly” will appeal the decision with the Illinois State Athletic Commission."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/21/17491180/thiago-tavares-will-appeal-bizarre-tko-loss-pfl-2
"Thiago Tavares is still in pain after his PFL 2 loss to Robert Watley.

The longtime UFC veteran made his debut under the Professional Fighters League banner against the lightweight prospect Thursday night in Chicago, but the fight abruptly ended seconds into round two after Watley landed a vicious — and unintentional — low blow.

A few hours after the end of the fight, Tavares informed MMA Fighting he was in the hospital for exams and was still experiencing pain in the groin and abdomen area. Tavares said via text message that he wasn’t given a reason why the fight wasn’t ruled a no-contest, and said he “undoubtedly” will appeal the decision with the Illinois State Athletic Commission."
Wondering to myself. Should I 'like' this post?

Oh I lost track of time, it's on again. Hah.

‘ a trio of mma superstars, bas rutten, randy couture, and yves Edwards”
One of these things is not like the others

Back