JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
pfl 2018 2 poster.jpg

Professional Fighters League 2: 2018 Regular Season
Chicago Theater, Chicago, IL, U.S.

PFL 2018 #2 features fighters from the Lightweight and Light Heavyweight divisions as well as a Women's Lightweight Bout

Play-by-play Commentator:
Todd Harris
Color Commentators: Bas Rutten, Randy Couture, and Yves Edwards

Main Card: (NBC Sports, 9:00 PM ET)
LW: Luiz Firmino (20-8) vs Will Brooks (18-4)
LW: Brian Foster (27-10) vs Ramsey Nijem (9-6)
WLW: Kayla Harrison (0-0) vs Brittney Elkin (3-4)
LW: Efrain Escudero (29-13) vs Jason High (21-6)
LHW: Ronny Markes (18-5) vs Sean O'Connell (17-9)

Preliminary Card (Facebook, 5:40 PM ET)
LHW: Smealinho Rama (10-3) vs Brandon Halsey (10-3)
LW: Islam Mamedov (14-1) vs Yuki Kawana (14-1-5)
LHW: Vinny Magalhaes (14-9) vs Jamie Abdallah (7-2)
LHW: Rashid Yusupov (9-0) vs Rakim Cleveland (18-9-1)
LHW: Maxim Grishin (26-7) vs Jason Butcher (11-2)
LW: Thiago Tavares (21-7-1) vs Robert Watley (10-1)
LW: Chris Wade (13-2) vs Natan Schulte (11-3)
LHW: Dan Spohn (16-5) vs Bazigit Atayev (18-1)

PFL 2018 #2 Weigh-in Results
Luiz Firmino (154.5) vs. Will Brooks (156)
Efrain Escudero (*162) vs. Jason High (155.5)
Rashid Yusupov (204) vs. Rakim Cleveland (206)
Kayla Harrison (155) vs. Brittney Elkin (155.5)
Brian Foster (154.5) vs. Ramsey Nijem (156)
Ronny Markes (206) vs. Sean O'Connell (205.5)
Smealinho Rama (205.5) vs. Brandon Halsey (205.5)
Islam Mamedov (155) vs. Yuki Kawana (155.5)
Maxim Grishin (205.5) vs. Jason Butcher (205)
Thiago Tavares (155.5) vs. Robert Watley (155)
Chris Wade (156) vs. Natan Schulte (155)
Dan Spohn (202.5) vs. Bazigit Ataev (203.5)
Vinny Magalhaes (205) vs. Jamie Abdallah (205)

* Late-notice addition Efrain Escudero missed weight by six pounds.

Odds from 5Dimes
pfl 2 odds.png

Rules of the PFL Season
Unified Rules of MMA apply, but NO Elbows
6 divisions (FW, LW, WW, MW, LHW, HW), 12 fighters each, and the top 8 fighters based on score advance to the tournament
Each fighter fights twice during this season, and can earn a maximum of 12 points if they stop both of their opponents in the first round
There are a series of tiebreakers that we'll run into if we get there with tied scores
At the end of the year, there will be a multi-stage tournament with the quarterfinals and semi-finals in one night, and then a year-end show to crown the winners of each weight class

SCORING RULES:
Winners get 3 points
Draws 1 point each
Loser gets 0 points

Stoppage Win Points
Win in Round 1 - 3 points
Win in Round 2 - 2 points
Win in Round 3 - 1 point

Fighter Pay:
Winner in each weight class earns $1 million
Runner-up in each weight class earns $200,000
Semifinal losers earn $100,000
Quarterfinal losers earn $50,000
Each fighters also makes their standard show/win money depending on their contract

Notes:
Efrain Escudero missed weight for his lightweight bout by 6 pounds, but his fight with Jason High is still on. Escudero is NOT eligible to win points towards a playoff spot because of this.

Last edited:
And in case you did not see the note at the bottom of the first post, Efrain Escudero missed weight and is INELIGIBLE to win any points if he defeats Jason High. If High wins, he wins points like normal.

kinda sucks for escudero being a last minute replacement but at least hell still have another chance to get points. Im hoping I can get home by 345 pst for Tavares.

Last pfl was great and tonights card is stacked for sure.

I got Yusupov and Watley for the 2 divisions tonight

Pretty crazy Sean O'Connell was literally doing play by play for the early prelims last week and now he's on the main card this week.

Pretty crazy Sean O'Connell was literally doing play by play for the early prelims last week and now he's on the main card this week.
It's pretty cool they're letting him do that. Paul Felder is fighting on the Boise card, and then he's calling the last four Contender Series events this summer.

genuine interest in this show, bummed I am going to have to miss it. But little guy's last lacrosse practice of the year and then the Roughriders game take priority.

genuine interest in this show, bummed I am going to have to miss it. But little guy's last lacrosse practice of the year and then the Roughriders game take priority.
You can watch the FB bouts later on the pflmma FB page without any spoilers if you turn off the comments section, and I'm still trying to find out how to watch the NBCSN fights online later too. I think the NBCSN website may have something like that, even in Canadia.

kinda sucks for escudero being a last minute replacement but at least hell still have another chance to get points. Im hoping I can get home by 345 pst for Tavares.

Yeah, it sort of illustrates the holes in the Tournament format. Situations like this were bound to come up and muck-up the proceedings.

If there's a moderator in here, can you modify this topic so that we can each reward 1-6 likes per post depending on its quality?

Something like...

PFL2.png

------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I am surprised to see that tonight will be Bazigit Atayev's second fight... in just under 12 years.

So it begins in an hour?

Si!

I am surprised to see that tonight will be Bazigit Atayev's second fight... in just under 12 years.

Would be both hilarious and awesome if he won it.

He only lost to Overeem in Pride. Was a competitive fight and Bazigit hit Alstair with a wicked spinning back kick.

Si!

He only lost to Overeem in Pride. Was a competitive fight and Bazigit hit Alstair with a wicked spinning back kick.
I'm banking on Spohn's shitty defense to let him down. Really curious about how Brooks will look, would be sad to see his downfall continue here.

Si!

and he is 39... damn. Kind of pulling for him to win now and he is a sanshou fighter, awesome.

I wonder if he is another guy from five ways sanda club - where Salikov and Magomedsharipov train from.

and he is 39... damn. Kind of pulling for him to win now and he is a sanshou fighter, awesome.

He was apparently competing in Sanshou after he retired from MMA.

He won the Gold Medal in the 2013 World Wushu Games.

Really curious about how Brooks will look, would be sad to see his downfall continue here.

He truly has the chance of a lifetime to make over a million bucks now that Rashid has been sent flying.

Pumped!!! Feeling PFL... hope they succeed. Stacked card tonight. Interested to see how this point system plays out once it gets down to the end.

Well then...

In!

Back