Perhaps the most silliest question you can find here

I know that doesn't answer the question or help in any way, but I have been meaning to talk about it and this was the closest opportunity I've found.

I am asking because steering wheel set is not very cheap and some advice would be useful.

Simple answer is yes. It gets a bit more complex of an answer depending upon the game and or racing simulation you are using.

I sim raced for five years at the top level. It helped me deal with claustrophobia when it heavy traffic, identifying peoples driving patterns quickly, judging speed/distance closure near instantly and weight distribution of the car to how it will handle.

From my experience a one on one driver instructor is more beneficial than say drivers ed. For the instructor is in direct conversation with you in a controlled environment to teach you the fundamentals at a quicker pace.

My old man took me to a cemetery to learn how to drive when I was 17.

Lol my mom did that too - she said I can't kill anyone there

Either way, OP probably checked out of this thread like he usually does after his initial posts

In my experience, it was the other way around. Learning how to drive made games like Gran Turismo a enjoyable and easier to understand.

Back