Performing my new song "Dance" (YouTube vid)

Cool. I hope you get an opportunity to do your thing. Fame and wealth aside, I'm sure you'll meet a lot of great people and have some great times. A lot to look forward to.
oh for sure. Best times of my life have been playing music. Thanks for listening and feedback.

Nice man, it's different for sure. The singing melody reminds me of 90's alternative. Digging your guitar licks though.

You kind of channel Billy Cosby at 1:50 there. Puddin pops!
Not sure how I feel about the Cosby comparison.. lol

Cool! Youre a Zeppelin fan?

Yes, Austin has one of the biggest live music scenes in the country.

It also means there's tons of people who will play for free, or next to nothing. It's hard to make money in town, you've gotta be really established or a solid cover band. Venues a little out of town pay alot better. it's a rough game I don't expect to be famous but I don't want to play for free.

Yeah, I dig it. Has a Zep, Jack White, etc vibe. Fun and dirty. Let me see about throwing some drums on it...

Yeah, I dig it. Has a Zep, Jack White, etc vibe. Fun and dirty. Let me see about throwing some drums on it...
Thanks man. I always see you check out my videos so it means alot.

Posting on here really gives you an honest opinion. It's helped my songwriting to get real feedback. Basically if it sucks people will just laugh or not reply lol

2ahdqu8.gif~c200

That was pretty freaking awesome.

Thanks man. I always see you check out my videos so it means alot.

Posting on here really gives you an honest opinion. It's helped my songwriting to get real feedback. Basically if it sucks people will just laugh or not reply lol

Not a problem, my pleasure.

I actually did a little drum jam with it. It's kinda hard to add drums after the fact, with no click haha...everyone has different feels, push and pulls, etc. Was fun.

Here's some musical thoughts, after playing with it, and this is just my opinion:

- The second bridge, right after the first chorus, I'd try cutting it from 8 bars to 4...the other bridges are 4, feels good like that, imo.

- The part with that funky guitar line, after the second chorus...that could be a tad longer, I think. Maybe try doubling it? It's a fun line.

- The transitions into each chorus could be tightened up a bit. Feels like the tempo drops? Not sure if that was intentional or not. This tune has a nice 'driving' vibe to it, I think keeping that push in those transitions would help. Does that make sense?

Those are the only thoughts that came to mind. All the other section lengths are great, good overall song arrangement (good structure commercial play), etc.

Not a problem, my pleasure.

- The transitions into each chorus could be tightened up a bit. Feels like the tempo drops? Not sure if that was intentional or not. This tune has a nice 'driving' vibe to it, I think keeping that push in those transitions would help. Does that make sense?

Those are the only thoughts that came to mind. All the other section lengths are great, good overall song arrangement (good structure commercial play), etc.
Yeah the transitions were sloppy. I still haven't really figured out how I'm going to change from the verse to the chorus. This is an extremely rough draft. I basically had the idea and just wrote it andc recorded in an hour or so.

I actually got some better takes as far as the structure, this video just looked better. Obviously if it was recorded properly those parts would have been sorted. I mainly record these early ideas so I don't forget them, and to get feedback to see if the song has potential.

Last edited:
Yeah the transitions were sloppy. I still haven't really figured out how I'm going to change from the verse to the chorus. This is an extremely rough draft. I basically had the idea and just wrote it andc recorded in an hour or so.

I actually got some better takes as far as the structure, this video just looked better. Obviously if it was recorded properly those parts would have been sorted. I mainly record these early ideas so I don't forget them, and to get feedback to see if the song has potential.

Oh its good, its damn near ballpark.

Lol Yeah, like I said...it's much easier if you're playing with a click :D
I remember being in a band when I was 17. We recorded this demo and our drummer sucked so bad lol. We had to turn off the click track and just play all sloppy and out of time because he just couldn't play with it

He's a really great jazz drummer now though. This was over a decade ago.

It was alright. Got to control the guitar face though. Not the worst I've seen, but you don't want to be doing that when you're hitting an E chord. Saying that I saw a vid of a guy on here pulling guitar faces before he'd even hit a chord.

It was alright. Got to control the guitar face though. Not the worst I've seen, but you don't want to be doing that when you're hitting an E chord. Saying that I saw a vid of a guy on here pulling guitar faces before he'd even hit a chord.
wtf does the chord you're playing have to do with your guitar face.. lol?

I don't give two shits about my face, all about the music. Thanks for listening. I was jaw jacking cause I ate some adderrall if you must know. Rock n Roll mofo.

fun song bro. Solid rhythm playing and good songwriting.

wtf does the chord you're playing have to do with your guitar face.. lol?

I don't give two shits about my face, all about the music. Thanks for listening. I was jaw jacking cause I ate some adderrall if you must know. Rock n Roll mofo.

You asked for our opinions, that was mine. There's no reason to be pulling guitar face when you're hitting 3 chords. It looks dumb.

Back