Performing my new song "Dance" (YouTube vid)

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Just finished it, been working on it for a few days. Hope you like it. Tell me what you think

Chorus:
Everybody c'mon and dance
Do the Texas boogie all night long
Stomp your feet and clap your hands c'mon

Pretty lady got me by the hips
two step stuffle got an itch to fix her up
Everybody's gonna have a good time tonight

Last edited:
im pretty sure you stole most of, if not all of those lyrics from the wu-tang clan bro.
not cool.

Damn bro you got a great voice....

Glad you liked it. My voice has come along ways I used to be aweful

Great job. I am also a singer and guitar player. It really is hard work. I relate to what you say. No magic, just hard work. If we work hard enough it might just sound easy, or magic.

Great job. I am also a singer and guitar player. It really is hard work. I relate to what you say. No magic, just hard work. If we work hard enough it might just sound easy, or magic.
Singing comes easier for some people. It's taken me a decade to even sound halfway decent. Guitar came alot more natural for me. Thanks for listening man.

Sounds good. It has kind of a Raconteurs/ Blind Melon kind of vibe to it. I play guitar, bass, and drums myself. I sing a little bit, but only a few songs when playing with my band.

Reminds me of Black Crows or something. Blind Melon. Sebadoh.

Good stuff.

I like the guitar riff you got there, that's nice. What's your deal, do you have a band, or are you solo?

To be honest, it's not really my style. With that said, it was worth a listen and it's pretty good. In my opinion you should either go full doom metal or full outlaw country, but I'll admit, I'm an outlier.

Good luck and keep at it.

I like the guitar riff you got there, that's nice. What's your deal, do you have a band, or are you solo?

To be honest, it's not really my style. With that said, it was worth a listen and it's pretty good. In my opinion you should either go full doom metal or full outlaw country, but I'll admit, I'm an outlier.

Good luck and keep at it.
I played in a lot of bands as a guitarist.

Kinda got fed up with the drama of touring with a bunch of dudes and not making any money.

So for the last few years I've focused on just sounding good by myself. I've almost got an album of material together and then hopefully I can just get good musicians to back me up. That's my plan currently

Reminds me of Black Crows or something. Blind Melon. Sebadoh.

Good stuff.
I actually was messing around with that riff trying to make a really upbeat and bluesy cover of "She talks to angles" by the Black Crowes originally. Then I decided I liked it too much to use it on a cover. So good ear, lol.

I played in a lot of bands as a guitarist.

Kinda got fed up with the drama of touring with a bunch of dudes and not making any money.

So for the last few years I've focused on just sounding good by myself. I've almost got an album of material together and then hopefully I can just get good musicians to back me up. That's my plan currently

Cool man, I was just busting your chops about the doom metal and outlaw country, you've got to be who you are, although I am open to it.

Good luck with the album and the backup. Is there a good music scene where you're at?

Cool man, I was just busting your chops about the doom metal and outlaw country, you've got to be who you are, although I am open to it.

Good luck with the album and the backup. Is there a good music scene where you're at?
Yes, Austin has one of the biggest live music scenes in the country.

It also means there's tons of people who will play for free, or next to nothing. It's hard to make money in town, you've gotta be really established or a solid cover band. Venues a little out of town pay alot better. it's a rough game I don't expect to be famous but I don't want to play for free.

Nice man, it's different for sure. The singing melody reminds me of 90's alternative. Digging your guitar licks though.

You kind of channel Billy Cosby at 1:50 there. Puddin pops!

Yes, Austin has one of the biggest live music scenes in the country.

It also means there's tons of people who will play for free, or next to nothing. It's hard to make money in town, you've gotta be really established or a solid cover band. Venues a little out of town pay alot better. it's a rough game I don't expect to be famous but I don't want to play for free.

Cool. I hope you get an opportunity to do your thing. Fame and wealth aside, I'm sure you'll meet a lot of great people and have some great times. A lot to look forward to.

Back