Michel Pereira MW GOAT potential?

michhmoggan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After the poteira fight we can arguably put pereira on the same level as other mw goats such as anderson and izzy.

He shows us fast hands, athletism, power and rightful insanity.

So at the end of the day may we put pereira at the same level of the other mw goats?

*** Technical update after: talking about michel pereira

Last edited:
He's a few consecutive title defenses short of Anderson's legacy, let's be real.

Nothing against Alex though, he's been a beast since he came in, but he's not Anderson level yet and anyone saying he is has severe recency bias, or wasn't there when Anderson was doing his thing.

Sure, prime poatan has a genuine chance of beating any mw in their prime. Always thought that was fairly obvious.

To say he’s the greatest ever in that division is a huge leap with one title defense. I think Silva will remain the unanimous middleweight goat for awhile as he deserves to be.

He's a few consecutive title defenses short of Anderson's legacy, let's be real.

Nothing against Alex though, he's been a beast since he came in, but he's not Anderson level yet and anyone saying he is has severe recency bias, or wasn't there when Anderson was doing his thing.

Sure, prime poatan has a genuine chance of beating any mw in their prime. Always thought that was fairly obvious.

To say he’s the greatest ever in that division is a huge leap with one title defense. I think Silva will remain the unanimous middleweight goat for awhile as he deserves to be.

Wrong Pereira

Few legacy titles short would put him at 3 title defenses. So far, his only title defense is against a braindead and off injury Hill.

Personally, I don’t think he’ll be on the Mount Rushmore of GSP, Silva, Jones, Fedor, and DJ. Considering that he’s nearing 40 with a singular defense. Regardless, the dude is a beast, no doubt but unless he’s immune to Father Time, just don’t see that happening.

I feel fairly confident that he’s a lock for top 15 though, I consider him on the same level or a little below Cejudo.

Anderson had 10 title defenses, but sure. Obviously a guy that was KTFO in his first defense is the GOAT.

I don't think Pederneiras ever fought higher than WW so I'd say he still far from Anderson.

Can't consider his current weight because he's only coaching now, not fighting anymore.

I love Alex but Anderson’s run will likely never be matched. I bet he’d sub Poatan somehow too

I’d love to see it. But, we haven’t seen him fight elite competition. I always reserve judgment. I like most of what I’ve seen so far. But he has his deficiencies.

It's Silva

After that, there are many others.

After those others there is Pereira. Michel Pereira.
Who is 3-0 at MW in UFC.
Maybe after 10 more wins we can re-open this thread.

Back