People who are afraid to look stupid

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Have you ever had a conversation where you are talking to someone about something, and you ask them if they know about "x", which is usually something that isn't mainstream, and clearly this is the first time they have heard about it, but they act like they know it? They are just like "oh x, yeah, yeah, I know about x". Then you mentioned something interesting about "x" and they didn't know and don't seem moved by it.

For example:
"do you watch UFC?"
"ummm...yup"
"Did you hear McGregor got his title stripped?"
"who?"
"Conor...McGregor"
"oh, yeah, yeah, Conor McGregor"

I hate those types. They are so phony, disingenuous, and manipulative. Why can't they just say "I don't know"? It really messes up an opportunity to create an authentic connection.

This goes for people who can't admit they are wrong as well.

It is really irritating.

Last edited:
Those people who are afraid to look stupid; they are pathological liars. And yes, they are annoying.

Yeah yeah, I know all about those kinds of people.

I dislike looking stupid so I don't dance. I have no rhythm. Having to do all of the "required" dances at my own wedding was my personal hell.

{<huh}

TS, aren't you the guy who fears looking stupid by being rejected by a woman? You even stoop to making a thread on a karate forum asking for advice and analysis of some menial interaction in the produce aisle.

It's not healthy to be self-hating, bro

{<huh}

TS, aren't you the guy who fears looking stupid by being rejected by a woman? You even stoop to making a thread on a karate forum asking for advice and analysis of some menial interaction in the produce aisle.

It's not healthy to be self-hating, bro

Is this the train guy?

I use to care what other people thought of me to the point I wouldn't do things so I wouldn't be judged. Now I don't care.

Except dancing. F dancing.

Is this the train guy?

I use to care what other people thought of me to the point I wouldn't do things so I wouldn't be judged. Now I don't care.

Nah, he's the "soft bell pepper" guy who couldn't figure out why some chick wasn't giving his goofy ass eye contact

Is this the train guy?

This thread is about people who are afraid to look stupid, not people who are afraid to look gay when they dance.

I've heard about x.
And, tell ya what

I'm a midnight bomber, bombing at midnight. Making gravy without the lumps

Dancing, tits, disco biscuits

Lots of those on sherdog. People who claim to be pharmacologists yet never went to college, people who claim to know music theory, yet have never played an instrument, people who claim to be economists because they read A Wealth of Nations and don’t even have a BA in economics, much less the PhD necessary to declare one’s self an economist.

They’re so afraid to look stupid that when they get exposed, they just say something like “oh, o got to you. I was trolling,” or some shit like that. In reality, they don’t like the person they are and consider their life a failure, likely because they had every opportunity to make something of themselves and ended up working as a janitor because they simply weren’t smart enough or just refused to work hard enough.

This thread is about people who are afraid to look stupid, not people who are afraid to look gay when they dance.

Well your thread has now been commandeered and is about people who don't want to luck stupid while dancing.

giphy.gif

Doesnt bother me. You can tell, and then just feed them misinformation so it's a guarantee they look stupid in the future.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm one of these people or not... I've never looked stupid. Can't really be sure how terrifying I would find it. I gotta say, it sounds ruff.

Back