People who are afraid to look stupid

I thought the thread was gonna be about asking gals out and getting shut down - which leads to looking the fool.

Lots of those on sherdog. People who claim to be pharmacologists yet never went to college, people who claim to know music theory, yet have never played an instrument, people who claim to be economists because they read A Wealth of Nations and don’t even have a BA in economics, much less the PhD necessary to declare one’s self an economist.

They’re so afraid to look stupid that when they get exposed, they just say something like “oh, o got to you. I was trolling,” or some shit like that. In reality, they don’t like the person they are and consider their life a failure, likely because they had every opportunity to make something of themselves and ended up working as a janitor because they simply weren’t smart enough or just refused to work hard enough.
Check out the psychiatrist without the m.d. over here.

o_O

Have you ever had a conversation where you are talking to someone about something, and you ask them if they know about "x", which is usually something that isn't mainstream, and clearly this is the first time they have heard about it, but they act like they know it? They are just like "oh x, yeah, yeah, I know about x". Then you mentioned something interesting about "x" and they didn't know and don't seem moved by it.

For example:
"do you watch UFC?"
"ummm...yup"
"Did you hear McGregor got his title stripped?"
"who?"
"Conor...McGregor"
"oh, yeah, yeah, Conor McGregor"

I hate those types. They are so phony, disingenuous, and manipulative. Why can't they just say "I don't know"? It really messes up an opportunity to create an authentic connection.

This goes for people who can't admit they are wrong as well.

It is really irritating.
maybe he just didnt want to get dragged into another conversation with you slurping at Conor's balls and making him uncomfortable.

Lots of those on sherdog. People who claim to be pharmacologists yet never went to college, people who claim to know music theory, yet have never played an instrument, people who claim to be economists because they read A Wealth of Nations and don’t even have a BA in economics, much less the PhD necessary to declare one’s self an economist.

They’re so afraid to look stupid that when they get exposed, they just say something like “oh, o got to you. I was trolling,” or some shit like that. In reality, they don’t like the person they are and consider their life a failure, likely because they had every opportunity to make something of themselves and ended up working as a janitor because they simply weren’t smart enough or just refused to work hard enough.

This is one of the dumbest posts of all time.

I often acted like that when I was younger. I was trying to fit in and wanted others to like me. Now that I'm older, I've realized it wasn't a good character trait to have.

I work with guys like this. They will never sign their name to anything so they can deny it was them later if it becomes a problem. The thing I don't understand is no one gets held accountable when they fuck up anyway

maybe he just didnt want to get dragged into another conversation with you slurping at Conor's balls and making him uncomfortable.

That was an example. If you look at my av, my opinion of Conor is quite the opposite.

I thought the thread was gonna be about asking gals out and getting shut down - which leads to looking the fool.

Nah, TS still hasn't got the balls to ask one out cos he's afraid to look stupid.

Well this is a forum where people go to say things about things they may not know a thing about. That’s why people like forums, because it gives a voice to folks that may not otherwise have one.
I have life experience because I am old. I feel like I can talk about lots of things...getting laid, drinking, music, movies, Fitness, corporate America, traveling abroad, cars.......but there are threads by You science and physics geeks that I have no clue about...but that’s why I like those....knowledge is power.

My life is a failure but I'm not afraid to admit it.

This thread reminds me of one of the late night segments going to Coachella or one of those big phony music festivals and asking hipsters about bands that don't exist. Watching those losers talk AT LENGTH about bands that aren't real is fucking hilarious.

My life is a failure but I'm not afraid to admit it.

See? How hard was that? I don’t care if someone failed at life. It’s easy to do. I just can’t stand those people that lie about it and pretend on the internet to have accomplished all the things they only wish they had accomplished so that they can have the appearance of authority on certain subjects.

See? How hard was that? I don’t care if someone failed at life. It’s easy to do. I just can’t stand those people that lie about it and pretend on the internet to have accomplished all the things they only wish they had accomplished so that they can have the appearance of authority on certain subjects.

A shocking amount of people use the internet to be something they could never be in real life. To them, the validation from anonymous strangers means more to them than fixing their own problems.

And even more shocking are the people who behave that way in the real world.

How do you feel about people who are legitimately awesome and successful in every way, like me?

Nah, TS still hasn't got the balls to ask one out cos he's afraid to look stupid.
Too be fair it is one of the hardest things to get courage to do - if you're even slightly self aware.

Isn't everyone afraid to look stupid? I thought that was basically the reason humanity invented lying.

And alcohol.

Back