People seriously think the whole division is ducking Usman?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
I honestly cant tell if this is a bunch of trolls in every thread or sherdog has gone retarded. He is a good wrestler who has beaten nobody noteworthy, not some unstoppable monster the whole top 10 is scared of. A decent striker who can stop a takedown would embarass Mr. “30 percent”

I wouldnt personally want a jacked Nigerian dude humping my leg for 15 mins

No one wants to fight this guy, situation we're in right now proves this.

You see what 30% did? Imagine he actually tried? Nobody wants 85% Usman, bro.
1521209366430.jpg

Fact that whole division is ducking him is the reason why he hasnt beat anyone in top10 yet.

They are not ducking, it just does not make sense for a top 5 guy to fight this guy, they have nothing to win. The fact that he's dangerous doesn't help ofcourse. Usman should just fight anyone and go from there.

ducking-responsibility-leadership-development.jpg

The thing is there's no upside to fighting Usman. With the way title shots are often given to fighters who talk their way in to one rather than fight and how little the fighters are generally paid, there's no upside for a top 5 guy to fight anyone below them.
The UFC has created this mess themselves.

It's exactly why Colby has been playing the clown.

You must be stupid if you can't see that almost everyone in the division keeps declining fights with Usman.

Usman has a better winstreak than Till, yet Till is higher ranked.

Also, all the people saying "It doesn't make sense for a higher-ranked guy to fight a lower-ranked guy"
What kind of bullshit is that? Till, for example, got his ranking because Cerrone took a chance and fought a lower-ranked guy, matter of fact no division would ever move on if the ranked guys would only fight other ranked guys.

I remember a time where ranked fighters actually had to prove themselves against unranked guys once in a while, especially coming off a loss.

Also, all the people saying "It doesn't make sense for a higher-ranked guy to fight a lower-ranked guy"
What kind of bullshit is that? Till, for example, got his ranking because Cerrone took a chance and fought a lower-ranked guy, matter of fact no division would ever move on if the ranked guys would only fight other ranked guys.

I remember a time where ranked fighters actually had to prove themselves against unranked guys once in a while, especially coming off a loss.
I always think that when someone mentions rankings, every fight someone has to fight someone lower ranked. They need to give the fighters less say in who they are fighting, just if they can fight on cards they are offered

I always think that when someone mentions rankings, every fight someone has to fight someone lower ranked. They need to give the fighters less say in who they are fighting, just if they can fight on cards they are offered

Of course, and yeah, they should match-make with an iron fist.

Also we all agree that the UFC rankings are complete and utter bullshit yet when the rankings somehow fit the narrative and protect the favorites of some people here, then suddenly the UFC rankings matter.
It's really sad that some sherdoggers defend the practice of ducking fights.

Of course, and yeah, they should match-make with an iron fist.

Also we all agree that the UFC rankings are complete and utter bullshit yet when the rankings somehow fit the narrative and protect the favorites of some people here, then suddenly the UFC rankings matter.
It's really sad that some sherdoggers defend the practice of ducking fights.
Yeah, I think the ranking was just intended to be a marketing tool and it became a bargaining/ducking tool

Of course it's bullshit but that's the point. The UFC has created this mess by giving title fights to people who talk shit instead of fight. Why would a top ranked guy like Colby or even Till want to fight Usman? There's no upside for them at all. Instead, Colby acted the clown and talked enough shit to get an interim titlte fight with dos Anjos.

I think it makes the UFC and all the fighters look bad when they have to act like total assholes on twitter just to get fights.

I can see other fights being more appealing for a fighter

They are not ducking, it just does not make sense for a top 5 guy to fight this guy, they have nothing to win.
Not necessarily. Usman seems primed to develop into a top 5 fighter some day. So if another top 5 fighter beats him early on in his career, they use it as an excuse not to fight him later on when he's even better. Think McGregor vs. Holloway.

It's a lose-lose fight.

You get beat by Usman, people will say you're a can.
You beat Usman, people will say he's a can.

People ruin everything. Fuck'em.

Back