People seriously think the whole division is ducking Usman?

I honestly cant tell if this is a bunch of trolls in every thread or sherdog has gone retarded. He is a good wrestler who has beaten nobody noteworthy, not some unstoppable monster the whole top 10 is scared of. A decent striker who can stop a takedown would embarass Mr. “30 percent”

Ducking doesn't equal scared. Its a risk vs reward situation. Guys like Colby, Wonderboy, Till etc that are ranked above him don't want to risk their spots. Its a fact that he's had a nightmare (a Nigerian one no-less) getting fights the last year +.

In an era where everyone wants a highlight reel finish. These wrestlers are gonna have hard time getting these fights cause no one wants to risk an 15 min boring fight where it's a wrestler controlling someone. People want finishes. It's not about winning anymore. It's about entertaining. Sport has evolved

I don’t think they’re scared to fight him, just that he is a big risk with little reward as he is not as highly ranked as he should be

These guys need to think about their career when deciding on who to fight

People dont understand.

T.Woods won the belt 2 yearsago and has defeated 2 contenders in that time.

If the champion isnt defending then the only place for a top 5 to go is down, he cannot improve his position, this locks up the entire division.

Maia had to fight Colby because he just lost a TS. If he didn't lose a TS he wouldnt of fought without a title or title shot on tbe line.

If the champion isnt defending dont expect guys to risk there title shots to face a dangerous unknown guy who doesnt get them any closer to a TS.

Blame T.Woods

not ranked high, and i dont think he is even that good for the top guys to be worried about. he's only beaten a bunch of (below) avergae fighters with one nice ko, and he is avoided? please....

Well because nobody wants to fight him....

He can't have that big win if nobody signs to fight him can he? Hopefully Santiago will fight him on the Chile card.

I honestly cant tell if this is a bunch of trolls in every thread or sherdog has gone retarded. He is a good wrestler who has beaten nobody noteworthy, not some unstoppable monster the whole top 10 is scared of. A decent striker who can stop a takedown would embarass Mr. “30 percent”
They fear the other 70 percent.

Well because nobody wants to fight him....

He can't have that big win if nobody signs to fight him can he? Hopefully Santiago will fight him on the Chile card.

Santiago rejected the Usman fight and took magny (who's ranked lower than Usman)

so they arnt ducking him because you think hes not that good????

LOL great thread

and i think usmans work in the ufc is far more proven than tills. crazy how usman cant get a top 10 at all, yet till fights the number 2.

but yeah different strokes i guess.

People dont understand.

T.Woods won the belt 2 yearsago and has defeated 2 contenders in that time.

If the champion isnt defending then the only place for a top 5 to go is down, he cannot improve his position, this locks up the entire division.

Maia had to fight Colby because he just lost a TS. If he didn't lose a TS he wouldnt of fought without a title or title shot on tbe line.

If the champion isnt defending dont expect guys to risk there title shots to face a dangerous unknown guy who doesnt get them any closer to a TS.

Blame T.Woods
blame woodley? lol hes had 4 title fights in 12 months. yeah hes injured now but cmon

Last edited:
Nobody in welterweight wants to fight Usman, reasons being he isn't ranked high enough, doesn't have a big enough name and is a tough fight for anybody in the division. Fighters like that always get avoided by everybody else.

"He is a good wrestler who has beaten nobody noteworthy"

Derp
That's what ducking is
He hasn't beaten anyone noteworthy because nobody noteworthy will fight him

"He is a good wrestler who has beaten nobody noteworthy"

Derp
That's what ducking is
He hasn't beaten anyone noteworthy because nobody noteworthy will fight him
yeah but he dosnt think usman is that good. so.....yeah

I think a fighter who wants to get right back up in the mix should fight him. Condit, Cowboy, Matt Brown (if he's still active), Magny...

Champion = Hurt
#1 Thompson vs #7 Till
#2 RDA vs #3 Covington

So that leaves these 3 and I think Masvidal is training partners
#4 Lawler
#5 Maia
#6 Masvidal

The problem is his fighting style alone will keep the fight from being anything but a preliminary bout. Other matchups in the division can main event smaller cards or make the undercard on a ppv. In the money fight era, he's gonna get 'ducked' a lot imo.

Santiago rejected the Usman fight and took magny (who's ranked lower than Usman)

Point proven.

Now the only person left for Usman to face will be an unranked guy and we get more threads like this one about how he isn't any good.

I don't think fighters are ever really afraid of fighting someone.
It's seems to me that the reasons are usually: A) not enough time to prepare, B) too low on the rankings to make it worth it, C) they're close to a bigger matchup (IE, waiting for shot at the belt, etc).
BUT I suppose that sometimes it's just that someone doesnt want to fight a bad stylistic matchup. I just think it's rarer than people assume, and it doesn't relate to "fear"

I don't think fighters are ever really afraid of fighting someone.
GDR-Cyborg?

Usman is ranked like #7 right now, these ducking scrubs have no excuse now.

I don’t think they’re scared to fight him, just that he is a big risk with little reward as he is not as highly ranked as he should be

These guys need to think about their career when deciding on who to fight
Lol. Thats called "ducking" bro and theres an element of fear to ducking. The thing is those fighters were given a chance from a higher ranked opponent to get in their current position.

Back