Pennsylvania Republicans move to impeach state Supreme Court for the crime of fair redistricting

I mean, I guess our states have that line of thinking.

It keeps densely populated areas from running over the rest of the people.

Which is why we are a republic.

That's why the true solution is let all voters in the state vote for every congressional seat.

I've heard this but I still don't get what it means. Just have like 10+ ballots? Wouldn't you mostly just get all Dem or all GOP based on who is more popular at the time?

Mod note:
Please do not derail the thread

I agree, the legislature should have made the new map and been done with it.

I'm just not sure that I like the idea of the court taking it upon itself to draw the map.

Is Wolf the governor?

Wolf is the Governor.

The left the court no choose. And the Justices didn't draw the map.

This article goes over the process

It keeps densely populated areas from running over the rest of the people.

Which is why we are a republic.

I don't think that's necessarily accurate why the republic idea came into play. I do agree that most politics at a national level comes down to city vs rural and many of the issues make sense based on the setting. For example, a higher minimum wage might make sense in a city but a national increase would really do damage to rural inexpensive areas.

I'm not a big deal, the thing is neither are you. Hence your calling someone or something stupid means nothing

Anyways, what I know about you and then I'll be done to let your little thread here continue...

- You're Canadian. Strike one

- You always spam threads about Florida in the Gayberry. You seem to have this hostile obsession with Florida, as if you somehow can't comprehend how open public record laws work. You see, as a Floridian myself, this gets annoying

- Your breadwinning gf is a stripper and you actually don't think she's ever fucked around or turned a trick even though she's traveled hundreds of miles without you lmfao

- You know nothing about the US Supreme Court or how it works or its history

So that's about it. Feel free to hurl an impotent "stupid" charge at me

What more is there to say? I think you're a moron and have said laughably stupid things in this thread. "Oh no, he's threatening me with information I made public myself. Definitely the mark of a top mind."

And something clearly set you off. I'm sorry you had a rough day, snooky-poo, but get used to it because life only gets harder for stupid people.

Let's say with the new electoral map, republicans win in the next election by 1K votes but democrats walk away with more seats. Will you then say the democrats gerrymandered to win seats, or did they simply 'fairly redistribute'?

I didn't comment on whether this was a more fair redistribution or not, I doubt anyone in this topic could even answer that question. It's just that it's funny when people call it gerrymandering vs. fair redistribution.
The new electoral map was shown to be slightly favorable to Republicans.

What is your agenda here anyway? To try to argue against the very notion of fairness? Political nihilism? Justify absurd gerrymandering because it helps your team and who cares about equal representation anyway?

I've heard this but I still don't get what it means. Just have like 10+ ballots? Wouldn't you mostly just get all Dem or all GOP based on who is more popular at the time?

That's certainly a possibility given that people vote for R or D regardless of who is running. But representation is currently messed up.

I live in California so I share 2 Senators with 40 million people and 1 Rep with roughly 750k people. Compare that to a North Dakotan that shares 2 Senators with 750k people and 1 Rep with 750k people. They have more Senate representation. The counter is that I should have more House representation but that's not true. We have the same amount.

I also think the President should be decided by popular vote.

So what then? charge Congress with contempt?

The Courts did exactly what they should have.

Now it's a war of the Legislature against the Courts and the Executive.

Luckily the group in the right holds 2 branches of government and the Court decision will prevail.

The individual Justices might be out of a job thpugh.

I hope that the judges weren't on the same pills Faustian is on tonight when they redrew the districts.

Disturbingly, Republicans hold enough seats needed to impeach judges without any Democratic votes thanks to their gerrymanders of the legislature, which gave them a solid hold on the state House and the minimum two-thirds of necessary seats in the state Senate. Should they proceed with (and succeed with) this supremely destructive effort, Republicans still wouldn’t gain control over the court unless Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf loses re-election in November, which appears unlikely as of now. But because Wolf could only appoint replacement justices with Senate approval, the GOP could cripple the court for years to come, potentially imperiling fairer districts after the 2020 census.

This right here strikes me as something the GOP might want to reconsider at this moment. They're about to take a historic whipping like the Dems took less than a decade ago. Do they really, really want a motivated Democratic Party with that look in its eye? Do they actually want to be subject to the same tactics they have been using? Because the 2020 census is not far off, and there are plenty of Democrats who would be glad to return the favor, if that's the way we want to play this.

It is a shame that our whole political system doesn't care about what is right and fair for the citizens. The majority party always seems to redraw the lines to fit what they think is best for the party and not the people.

Last edited:
I think you have to look up the definition of a Republic
These people can't get it out of their skulls that dirt doesn't have voting rights.

Hilariously, they don't even think to make the turbo-obvious argument about the value of being a member state, to justify shitholes like Wyoming and North Dakota welfare bums getting far more votes than engaged, GDP-producing citizens.

Zero have been able to answer why they aren't outraged about Denali National Park not having its own congressman.

I think you have to look up the definition of a Republic

I know what it means, let me help you with that.

"re·pub·lic
rəˈpəblik/
noun
  1. a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.
    • archaic
      a group with a certain equality between its members."

I know what it means, let me help you with that.

"re·pub·lic
rəˈpəblik/
noun
  1. a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.
    • archaic
      a group with a certain equality between its members."
And where in there does it say anything about people who live in the country having more valuable votes than those who live in densely populated areas?

These people can't get it out of their skulls that dirt doesn't have voting rights.

Hilariously, they don't even think to make the turbo-obvious argument about the value of being a member state, to justify shitholes like Wyoming and North Dakota welfare bums getting far more votes than engaged, GDP-producing citizens.

Zero have been able to answer why they aren't outraged about Denali National Park not having its own congressman.

Without Philly, Pittsburgh and their suburbs PA would be an economic Shithole.

Both cities have world ranked academic institutions along with world ranked healthcare institutions.

But let's give Appalachia the upper hand in government lol

Back