Pennsylvania Republicans move to impeach state Supreme Court for the crime of fair redistricting

I mean, i'd love to smack someone around about the 3/5 Compromise, but this is not the place for it. Please stay on topic.

Lol the Republican Party is maybe the most dangerous political party known to man. Ever.

Not only do they deny climate change (which would harm EVERYONE) they are actually passing legislation that speeds up the process, all for profits.

Lmao I know that about fifteen minutes ago you decided you needed to go online and convince a random internet user that you're a big deal. Surely the mark of a great man.
Lmao

Lol the Republican Party is maybe the most dangerous political party known to man. Ever.

Not only do they deny climate change (which would harm EVERYONE) they are actually passing legislation that speeds up the process, all for profits.

So true, while the democrats have their faults, they got such along ways to catch up with what the GOP currently stands for. (As far a being a destructive force in politics)

So true, while the democrats have their faults, they got such along ways to catch up with what the GOP currently stands for. (As far a being a destructive force in politics)
GOP has jumped the shark from run-of-the-mill political awfulness and into the realm of comic book style supervillainy. The Dems aren't even working from the same playbook anymore. Their corruption, skeevy tactics, etc are all either outdated or trailing drastically. The GOP has gorged to a hitherto unimaginable degree since seizing control of the whole government.

GOP has jumped the shark from run-of-the-mill political awfulness and into the realm of comic book style supervillainy. The Dems aren't even working from the same playbook anymore. Their corruption, skeevy tactics, etc are all either outdated or trailing drastically. The GOP has gorged to a hitherto unimaginable degree since seizing control of the whole government.

It really makes me sad for their voter base. They either stick with them or lose the illusion they have of control. The GOP's base vote against their own interests nonstop.

Amazing that people actually defend this. Even if you wanna argue the PASC justices over-stepped their bounds trying to MAKE A FAIRER MAP, how could you possibly support impeaching them as a response?! Republicans truly have no shame.

And again, you don't have authority to label anything is stupid

<{Heymansnicker}>

The new electoral map was shown to be slightly favorable to Republicans.

What is your agenda here anyway? To try to argue against the very notion of fairness? Political nihilism? Justify absurd gerrymandering because it helps your team and who cares about equal representation anyway?

He's a complete troll and I think people just can't remember. He's literally Scyther and HatchetHarry level, but he never gets carded and it's easy for trolls to blend in with Trump supporters around here. So I guess people just don't realize it.

Find me a single more destructive party that has ever existed on earth.

Even The Nazis who were awful human beings didn’t pass legislation that helps speed up the process of destroying the entire planet for all of humanity. Including themselves

This is definitely oversimplifying it but we used to have a populist party with a huge tent and a rank and file party with a small tent. The rank and file learned all the intricacies of our institutions to milk what concessions they could from the populists.

The rank and file have become more nationalist and populist while keeping their old tactics on procedures.

It's worked spectacularly for the name of the party but the old guard actually ended up establishing a system where the rationale actors have gotten or are getting primaried out of the system they created.

Goldwater warned about teaming up with the religious right (southern strategy) in the 60s and 70s.

David Frum warned against Buchanan and his ilk in the early/mid 90s.

But in their thirst for power they are left with Donald Trump and a party that is to scared to stand up to him

I apologize for the tangent and derailing.

Hopefully everyone understands by now that the GOP are fascists who undermine democracy to advance unpopular, harmful agendas. They know they cant win without gerrymandering(cheating) and instead of accepting this decision and trying to run a fair election(which they likely know they cant win) they are trying to impeach these judges.

Grand Oligarchic Party

Hopefully everyone understands by now that the GOP are fascists who undermine democracy to advance unpopular, harmful agendas. They know they cant win without gerrymandering(cheating) and instead of accepting this decision and trying to run a fair election(which they likely know they cant win) they are trying to impeach these judges.

Grand Oligarchic Party

The single worst party that has ever existed on planet earth.

@Ruprecht was saying that in OZ they redraw the line after each election to accurately represent what the votes were

Maybe he can clarify , it was interesting

Not after each election, and this is only for my state elections (South Australia), but if the winner of the majority of votes doesn't form Government then the State Electoral Commission is required to redraw the electorates in such a way that the winner of the majority of votes would have taken enough seats to form Government. Judging from our election last weekend, it seems like an effective way to prevent anti-democratic gerrymandering.

Not after each election, and this is only for my state elections (South Australia), but if the winner of the majority of votes doesn't form Government then the State Electoral Commission is required to redraw the electorates in such a way that the winner of the majority of votes would have taken enough seats to form Government. Judging from our election last weekend, it seems like an effective way to prevent anti-democratic gerrymandering.
That seems downright democratic

Don't care.

Don't go by population, that's where all this shit comes from .

Just decide it up by landmass.

Yeah dont go by actual democracy, lets go back to landed aristocrats deciding everything.

Yeah dont go by actual democracy, lets go back to landed aristocrats deciding everything.

Where are you getting that from. All I said is decided the state into to district's using a straight line grid. Not who could and could not vote.

This would put an end to drawing them to favor either party.

This one of those times where the simplicity of a solution feels like a smack in the face.

I didn't see it anywhere else in the thread, so here's a proposed map
Pennsylvania_Comparison_2018.png

Where are you getting that from. All I said is decided the state into to district's using a straight line grid. Not who could and could not vote.

This would put an end to drawing them to favor either party.
No, it would actually immediately create an aristocratic trend. Divide it by straight line grids —> watch some rich guy buy an entire grid sector and be his own Congressman.

Back