Pennsylvania Police Officer, Brian Shaw, Shot and Killed During Traffic Stop

I would think that for anyone considering a career as a cop, being shot while engaged in a foot chase with a criminal would have struck them as a reasonable scenario.

This is not like, for example, a cop being shot through their driver's side window while eating a burger. That type of straight up execution simply isn't supposed to happen to law enforcement.

Stories like this one strike me the way stories about firemen killed in burning buildings do. They are human tragedies. And I appreciate that there are men and women willing to fill these societal roles. But, in all honesty, I am not outraged over it.

Did the building INTEND to kill the fireman, like the shitbag that killed the cop? Your comparison is flawed.

Lots of people in this thread trying to derail and make it into a mod bashing thread. Please stay on topic. Thank you ;)

I fucking wish. Met them last year and Troy is tall as fuck. Brann too. Really cool dudes.

Dude that did my left arm sleeve tattoos Bill and Brent. I have some killer limited edition (100 prints) wood cut tour posters he did for them for an Irish tour about 11 years ago.

Dude that did my left arm sleeve tattoos Bill and Brent. I have some killer limited edition (100 prints) wood cut tour posters he did for them for an Irish tour about 11 years ago.
<{monica}>

Won't lie, I didn't even notice that until now.

Oh, sorry. :oops::D

You might appreciate this. Taken at my house, back in the Remission days.

b9ebe62b-05bb-485d-aae2-fb02893cb939_zps6a81c1e5.jpg

Unless I got made a mod without knowing I'm not, but its fucked up.

I get the anger at the PD across the country with some of the shit thst goes on but the "that's what they signed up for" bullshit is absurd. No one joins the PD to get killed, its a risk yes, but not something that shoukd just be brushed off.

Two of the saddest things I have ever seen were at cops funerals.

At Ryan Bonaminos funeral I watched a combat vet USMC Gunnery Sgt stand in front of a cpuple thousand people and weep remembering the kid he mentored who was beat to death with a weight and executed with his own gun.

Then at Deputy Jerimah Mackay's funeral I listened to his baby who was not even one crying while they did his final radio call.

So if you want to make light of officers being killed you can get fucked.

That's my bad, thought you were a mod for some reason.

Being a cop is just a job. There's no reason that it's somehow 'special' and should be treated as such.

At least you have guns to fight back against these assholes.

Somebody dares to equate the tragic loss of life of a cop doing their job to the tragic loss of life of a non-cop doing their job and a certain type of American is always going to get triggered. It's unavoidable.

There's nothing special about cops. Loss of life at someone else's hands is horrible.

Another "look what a black guy did today" thread, disguised as an earnest question out of your sincere concern. How original...

Now let's watch the usual critters post post the usual crap.

Wow man. You really focused on that racist kick.

Didn't see anything in the op about race? Then I read your post and, oddly enough, it was all about race.

Lots of people in this thread trying to derail and make it into a mod bashing thread. Please stay on topic. Thank you ;)
Look back to post #3 and see who first derailed the conversation.

And it dies after they try the derail.

This isn't islam terrorists or whatever other shit you're pretending to be scared about.

Just a guy trying to protect his investment.

I can only read "western Pennsylvania" in bill Murray's sarcastic "Tiny town in western Pennsylvania" voice.

It' a dangerous job. Sorry to the young officer and his family. Hope they catch the guy quick.

Back