Peak W Klitchko vs peak Lewis

Yeah, the strength of the era was entirely reliant on old Foreman and post-prison Tyson. Do you actually think Wlad's era is any way comparable to the 90s era?
I dont think Wlads era is as bad as its made out to be. Thats my point.

He wouldn’t throw thunder at Lennox because when you get stopped by three people you were supposed to knock into press row, you’re gun shy.
This is the most interesting point of the discussion imo.

I like Wlad’s chances much more in his cautious style than if Wlad is out there throwing heat with Lennox.

This is the most interesting point of the discussion imo.

I like Wlad’s chances much more in his cautious style than if Wlad is out there throwing heat with Lennox.

Why? Lewis's chin is unreliable. It's a testament to his great skills that he could disguise it

I won't say Wlad's right cross is the best of all time but his left jab to right cross 1-2 combo may have been. By the time the opponents head got back in place from the jab that right would be there punishing them usually to a KO/TKO result

Who has ha better right cross?

What was peak wlad though? It's also peak Lewis vs peak wlad. You're entitled to your opinion but you're shitting on Lewis is pretty biased.

Peak Wlad, = boring, measured Wlad with a jab nobody gets pass.

Who has ha better right cross?
Tommy Hearns by far in my opinion. Joe Louis. James Toney had a great one and Mayweather's money shot was his right hand lead, despite not being a KO weapon, literally won him like all of his fights later in his career.

I was simply stating that Wlad's was in better use after the jab as a combo.

Tommy Hearns by far in my opinion. Joe Louis. James Toney had a great one and Mayweather's money shot was his right hand lead, despite not being a KO weapon, literally won him like all of his fights later in his career.

I was simply stating that Wlad's was in better use after the jab as a combo.

Hearns was not a bad answer.

Peak Wlad, = boring, measured Wlad with a jab nobody gets pass.
Yea ok. But again against Who? I'm pretty convinced Lennox fought and beat a better class of opponent than wlad. He beat his brother. That's a legit win that shouldn't be discredited. Evamder is a good win. Tyson was passed his prime sure. But you can't discredit Lennox and not vitali for being in bad eras. And wlads is inarguably worse.

Yea ok. But again against Who? I'm pretty convinced Lennox fought and beat a better class of opponent than wlad. He beat his brother. That's a legit win that shouldn't be discredited. Evamder is a good win. Tyson was passed his prime sure. But you can't discredit Lennox and not vitali for being in bad eras. And wlads is inarguably worse.

Peak Wlad can't control over which era he happened to live in.

Why? Lewis's chin is unreliable. It's a testament to his great skills that he could disguise it
Ive seen Lewis win more dog fights than Wlad.

Cant call Lewis chin unreliable and pretend Wlad’s is.

If they simply traded until someone dropped, Id pick Wlad to be the one to fall.

Are you retarded? The question was PEAK Wlad. Not the Wlad who punched himself out.
Am I retarded? I already said what you think the parameters are. You think it’s 20/20 hindsight. I noticed you didn’t answer my post on that, walk us through his loss to Brewster to losing to fury and show me a world class heavyweight.

N

Course he couldn't help it. But that doesn't disprove the point.

It's not an argument to say that Lewis is better because he beat better fighters, if Wlad wasn't able to face them.

FFS.

Lewis might get caught, but against big dudes he normally went out in seek & destroy mode, & Wladdy gets destroyed IMO.

& for the chumps saying "Oh but Lewis was knocked out by lower-level fighters" there's a fuckin' world of difference between losing to Rahman & McCall & losing to Brewster & Ross Fuckin' Puritty.

It's not an argument to say that Lewis is better because he beat better fighters, if Wlad wasn't able to face them.

Is this some kind of joke? Wlad did fight Lewis. It was a NC/ND. The power went out at Mandalay Bay that night and mayhem ensued. That's why we never saw a rematch.

Oh c'mon man. How is lennoxs chin unreliable. That's crazy.
Um. Life's not fair man. That's also not Lewis's fault.

You're really reaching mate.

Peak Wlad lost to who*m?
Peak wlad fought against whom? That's the point. Obviously that isn't his fault. But it's no kind of positive by any means.

Other people's argument at least don't go so far as to try and discredit Lewis or just down right insult him.

FFS.

Lewis might get caught, but against big dudes he normally went out in seek & destroy mode, & Wladdy gets destroyed IMO.

& for the chumps saying "Oh but Lewis was knocked out by lower-level fighters" there's a fuckin' world of difference between losing to Rahman & McCall & losing to Brewster & Ross Fuckin' Puritty.

No there isn't. Oliver Mcall and Hasim Rahman are nobodies.

No there isn't. Oliver Mcall and Hasim Rahman are nobodies.

And right there you have shown exactly how deep your boxing knowledge is

McCall was a seasoned fighter and while not anything special, was always considered hard work and is why Tyson used to bring him in to get him in shape, as he knew he would never have an easy ride

Rahman is a bit different, once considered a very good prospect, who ended up in the mix with the likes of Ibeabuchi, Tua, Maskaev, Biggs, Donald and Williams, even more amusing is the fact he knocked the fuck out of Sanders, who starched Klitschko in 2 rounds

Klitschko was a great champion for the period he fought in, but he didnt get the high profile wins that litter Lewis career, and that's not because he couldnt fight them, its because if he had, he wouldnt have been a champion in the first place

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back