Pavel Tsatsouline

kettlebell for less than 50 bucks:
Kettlebell.jpg

anyways, I've been reading the pavel books that I downl- uh... aquired, and it's a lot like I expected, some good information mixed in with some BS and comrade horse shit, and a lot of wasted time pluggin other products. But, overall the information in all the books isn't so bad. You can get them through file sharing programs (I happen to use emule) and between all of them deadlifts and presses with your barbell, tighten your whole body (more on this later), use KB's for oly movements and some presses, and be incorporate bodyweight exercises too. Sounds reasonable right?

Pavel calls it iradition. ^^

His books are ok, I bought power to the people about half a year ago. Some of it is good, most of it is just general knowledge stuff I was interested in learning about. A lot of his books are full of excess pages where he trys to sell you more of his books or the ab "pavelizer." Personally I'd save the money and just download one or two of them. He repeats what he says a lot. Much of what was in Power to the Peeps was also in his other ab books and the naked warrior.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but I don't use his technique and before someone asks; I haven't truely tried them yet. I still use the routine I used in high school when I was a more serious athlete.

yomon said:
stablility, so they say. same reason why some one might do pushups over benchpress.

it creates a stonger body in relation to tension.

I found it helps body toughening more. you feel like a rubber band and more injury proof after twenty or thirty minutes of swinging those things around. the stability thing is a side effect I think. it's not much different than tensing your gut when throwing a punch or kick or swinging a dumbell. KBs are great but I wouldn't by into the hype about them. You could cut out stone in the same shape and get the same effect really.

Urban said:
kettlebell for less than 50 bucks:
Kettlebell.jpg

anyways, I've been reading the pavel books that I downl- uh... aquired, and it's a lot like I expected, some good information mixed in with some BS and comrade horse shit, and a lot of wasted time pluggin other products. But, overall the information in all the books isn't so bad. You can get them through file sharing programs (I happen to use emule) and between all of them deadlifts and presses with your barbell, tighten your whole body (more on this later), use KB's for oly movements and some presses, and be incorporate bodyweight exercises too. Sounds reasonable right?

nice. could you PM me what you used to make it?

wenispinkle said:
i bought Naked Warrior, and i can tell you that 30 bucks is way too much for what i got. if you want, just request and ill post up some of the methods he has in his book so you dont have to waste your money. its really not worth it
Cool! Please post up the methods!!! :wink:

What is that? Describe it. I might do it and call it something else.

Well you do the first part of a KB swing (up to about eye level) let go and catch with the other hand. Got it from brookfield's "mastery Of Hand Strength"

Urban said:
Well you do the first part of a KB swing (up to about eye level) let go and catch with the other hand. Got it from brookfield's "mastery Of Hand Strength"

That sounds cool. I have and read both of Brookfield's grip books (Mastery of Hand Strength and Grip Master's Manual), yet never seen that in either book. Thanks for the idea. :)

page fifty-three, last paragraph

Bumping this thread since I have questions about this guy.

I got 2 books from Pavel:
- Relax into Stretch
- The Naked Warrior

I have a bad lower back (herniated disc) and a recurring shoulder injury. Reading through these books I feel worried that most of these exercises are not safe for me. I do wanna stretch and train tho. Advice?

- Relax into Stretch
- The Naked Warrior

I have a bad lower back (herniated disc) and a recurring shoulder injury. Reading through these books I feel worried that most of these exercises are not safe for me. I do wanna stretch and train tho. Advice?
No takers?

An almost 12 year old thread, that's a strong necro!

Hard to tell without having read the books, knowing the exercises and knowing you specificly. Herniated disc doesn't really say anything, as the symptomatology varies a lot. Recurring shoulder injury is also too vague. What is causing you problems? Did you get diagnosed with anything and what are you doing for your shoulder and back atm?

You've taken a dead thread and attempted to convert it into a forbidden topic thread by what amounts to soliciting medical advice. Just don't.

Go see a doctor. Bring the books. Ask the doctor the question you're trying to ask random people on the internet. You will get a better answer.

- Relax into Stretch
- The Naked Warrior

It's likely a combination of disseminating disk disease with a radiating nerve altercation to the shoulder. Usually my chiro can adjust it with vertical hold tuning.

- Relax into Stretch
- The Naked Warrior

I've read those books many years ago too. Helped me achieve a full split stretch too. But the only advice I can give you is to go to a doctor. And maybe do reverse hyperextensions to strengthen the back.

An almost 12 year old thread, that's a strong necro!

Hard to tell without having read the books, knowing the exercises and knowing you specificly. Herniated disc doesn't really say anything, as the symptomatology varies a lot. Recurring shoulder injury is also too vague. What is causing you problems? Did you get diagnosed with anything and what are you doing for your shoulder and back atm?
Thanks? :p

7 mm hernia in L4/L5 caused by heavy lifting (with shit form), later collapsed down, making it 4 mm horizontal + 3 vertical (vertical isn't an issue tho). Had tractions in 2009 and physical therapy 1 month per year since 2010. Pain radiates to the left leg, gets worse when the weather changes. Been doing specific exercises + McKenzie since 2010. Actually got better since then and I'm still avoiding the scalpel.

Shoulder popped out in Judo and BJJ back in the day, then started popping out while swimming. MRI found no significant changes but it still hurts and pops out if I'm not careful. Had physical therapy multiple times, only helps for a short while. Recently got some nice exercises from my new therapist to strengthen the stabilizing muscles, doing that daily.

You've taken a dead thread and attempted to convert it into a forbidden topic thread by what amounts to soliciting medical advice. Just don't.

Go see a doctor. Bring the books. Ask the doctor the question you're trying to ask random people on the internet. You will get a better answer.
Sorry, I guess?

I've seen two dozen doctors, every one has a different opinion. The books were actually recommended to me by a physical therapist, albeit a very young and healthy one.

Back