Paul Felder = The Worst Commentator in the Sport

This last card wasn't his best work, but I like him a lot more than Dom. I think he'll get better as he gets more experience.

I don't like him, better than Cruz but that doesn't mean much

I can see the need for sign language commentary for the hearing impaired but there is really no need for audio commentary.

At least Cruz has a personality. Felder is super generic.

i actually think he's the best one they have right now.

Mauro and Michael Sciavello are way worse.
it's actually incredible how bad mauro has always been. goldberg may have been clueless about the sport, but mauro is like fingernails on a chalkboard, everything he says is cheesy as hell.

Nowhere near as bad as Cruz.

Cormier is the best at it though. I love when he is on commentary. Too many of the guys are robotic, but Cormier is so human, he is very witty and funny and can laugh at himself, he makes it much smoother to listen too

THUUUUUUG ROOOOOOSE

It is hard for him not to be objective since he is still competing. He probably trained with a lot of these guys before and it is hard not to be biased. Dom is a fucking psycho; he gets angry at fighters when they can't do certain things that he can do.

Dont break a nail cringing over every other thing that occurs in your bum lives.

{<hhh]

I think Felder is pretty good in the booth.

However, I think he feeds off those around him. He melds well with Rogan/JA/DC etc.

Felder isnt bad. Cruz "underhooks" was claiming that Conor was gassing Kbib out by intentionally taken a beating.

920x920.jpg
falkor-the-luckdragon-from-the-neverending.jpg

Nowhere near as bad as Cruz.

Cormier is the best at it though. I love when he is on commentary. Too many of the guys are robotic, but Cormier is so human, he is very witty and funny and can laugh at himself, he makes it much smoother to listen too
yes, this!

Best combo IMHO is : Anik / Rogan / DC. Those guys clearly enjoy themselves and are very entertaining and DC is particularly funny and insightful.

Cruz is very analytical and detailed and does come up with a lot of details where I'm like "he's right you know".

hahaha totally agree, Cormier is the man, the main reason I like him on commentary is because he isn't robotic like the others, especially Cruz he is so robotic and sarcastic, can't stand the guy.
I think Cormier is probably going to get picked up by one the major networks. I could see him doing Good morning America or that other one with the skinny milf that Michael Strahan deserted.

It is fair to say that fighters do not make for good commentators. Especially if their career is not over (DC might be the exception). The fighters are too self centered.

Back