Pat Healy Tested positive for marijuana ***Threads Merged***

And it's bullshit to retroactively take away a FOTN bonus. That bonus is for the entertainment factor of a fight which is not related to a fighters drug use.

i think it does give him an advantage although not a physical one.....it can ( and if u ask me probably does for some which is why so many fighters get popped for it) take away anxiety before a fight which allows you to calm your nerves and focus more..... not right imho....btw im against trt as well......

he wasn't stoned. he was not tested for THC but for THC-COOH

What would I do for money? Anything, I 'd get a job as a construction worker or something. No way I'm still working for an employer who gave me $130,000 and then took it away. That's just not right. Suspend him or something, but don't take all that money away after you gave it to him.

Meanwhile people like Dan Henderson, Forrest Griffin, Vitor Belfort etc, are all using TRT and that's ok. This whole situation is just wrong.

Did he get to keep his FOTN bonus or not?

They didnt take it away you dont awarded bonuses until the drug tests come back

i cant believe how sheltered or naive some of the posters in here are...like 3 of the 4 guys below:

He was given an award contingent on passing a post fight d rug test. He's a junkie and couldn't pass the test. He was never given any money.

junkie...thats pretty funny. why not log in with your real account? stop trolling.

No way I'm employing someone who can't give me a clean cup of piss.

lol...you must live in some bubble. people pass piss tests all the time as a condition of employment, even if they were using drugs. not fighters evidently, as their testing seems to be a bit stricter but its definitely possible.

it just sucks for marijuana that it takes so long to get out of your system while a more destructive drug like alcohol is legal and clears your system much faster. or an illegal one like cocaine...

Do you buy your car batteries and T-shirts at the same store?

what the fuck are you talking about? do you not have Mexicans and/or Home Depots in your area?

this shit goes on all the time around here:

Because he faught his ass out. The only reason he is not getting money is because of a rule that has no justification behind it. You can hump the rules as much as you want, and I agree, he knew the rules but he definately deserve the money because he performed well beyond what was expected of him, hence all the bonuses.

im guessing all the guys in here that agree with Healy getting his bonuses taken back also agree with the bullshit rule of not being able to be kneed in the head if youve got a couple fingertips down on the mat.

rules are rules, after all...

its a pretty fucking stupid rule but he did fuck up and got caught for some dumb shit. guess hes just gonna be used as an example by Dana.

the moral of the story is marijuana = bad, TRT = good. just follow the rules and youll be ok.

fuck it...just roid and cycle properly. as long as you dont get caught, its not really a problem. just like it isnt stealing until you get caught.

If I was Caraway once I got the bonus money I'd give it to Healy. I wouldn't feel right about getting the money that was taken away from someone else. I also think if Caraway did that it would bring good publicity for him.

Lol im sure that would really get him in favor with the ufc

What would I do for money? Anything, I 'd get a job as a construction worker or something. No way I'm still working for an employer who gave me $130,000 and then took it away. That's just not right. Suspend him or something, but don't take all that money away after you gave it to him.

Meanwhile people like Dan Henderson, Forrest Griffin, Vitor Belfort etc, are all using TRT and that's ok. This whole situation is just wrong.

Did he get to keep his FOTN bonus or not?

they didn't take it away. the don't pay the bonuses until after the drug tests so it's been fortified.

Meanwhile TRT guys are making good $$$ and nobody has a problem.

For god's sake even Bruce Lee used to smoke cannabis to relieve pain.

If you read these forums lots of people have a problem with TRT, but the fact is TRT is legal and weed is not.

Also if it helps relieve pain isnt that beneficial to the fighter?

Last edited:
He did it to himself. His match is a nc now which pretty much means in never happened. He shouldn't get sub, fight or win bonus.

"I hate weed. I cannot stand it. I've never tried it. I've never smoked a drug in my life. So I have absolutely zero tolerance for people that do it. I don't care if it's legal in some places or not. I think it's absolutely ridiculous."

Way to go Caraway.

EDIT: Anyone else have hard time with Miesha And Bryan? That couple seriously lacks sense of humor.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm sure they view your opinion on weed as stupid as you do theirs but i guess a lot of people just assume their opinion is more important.

He was told he would get the money and had every reason to believe he would get it. What if you bought a lottery ticket and it said you won $130,000 and then when you went to cash it in they said "Nope, sorry you bought this ticket from a store we don't allow, we're going to give the money to someone else instead."

It wouldn't be that big of a deal. It's not like you earn lottery winnings.

Didn't know weed made people "stupid".

I didn't think so either, until I saw all the potheads on Sherdog who felt the needs to defend a grown-ass man who INTENTIONALLY pissed away $130,000 when he DELIBERATELY pick up the bong before getting tested.

So here's the dilema: did weed made them that stupid? or were they born that way?

According to you, sure.

Bottom line is, he fucked up. And he fucked up doing something that's pretty simple to avoid doing.

I agree wholeheartedly that it's an absolutely ridiculous rule, but as of this moment it IS a rule and should be adhered to.

I am not saying he didn't break the rule, or should not be punished,.. just that they were bad definitions of "cheating" or "cheat".

He should be punished and he did break a well known rule.

I didn't think so either, until I saw all the potheads on Sherdog who felt the needs to defend a grown-ass man who INTENTIONALLY pissed away $130,000 when he DELIBERATELY pick up the bong before getting tested.

So here's the dilema: did weed made them that stupid? or were they born that way?

Weed doesn't make people stupid. But stupid people are attracted to weed in disproportionately higher numbers than normal people. That's why it seems like weed makes people stupid.

Weed doesn't make people stupid. But stupid people are attracted to weed in disproportionately higher numbers than normal people. That's why it seems like weed makes people stupid.

so um... what about alcohol?

Then lets have fun and talk about all the alcohol related deaths. Car accidents, bar fights, manslaughters, degenerative liver disease, etc Not to mention the family it breaks apart from spousal abuse, child abuse, cheating, job loss, etc.

Though I know people love to make up facts on the spot, so let's just go straight to the source:

And while cocaine, heroin and alcohol are all responsible for enough deaths to warrant their own stripes on the chart, many popular illegal drugs

This is complete and utter BULLSHIT that fighters can test positive for PED's and get off with next to nothing (overeem) get authorized for TRT (belfort,sunnon,mir,griffen,hendo,marquart,ect.) but a fighter cant smoke marijuana after 10+ hours of intense training? WHEN marijuana is becoming more and more accepted through out the United States? Its LEGAL in Colorado! Its medically legal in 18 different states! and 12 more pending the medical use! We are in a new day and age where people are finally realizing that marijuana is not what it was made out to be 70 years ago by the government. Scientists over seas are discovering that THC reduced and destroyed cancerous cells ( look it up for yourself or ask for source if you do not believe me). If forrest griffen can take Xanax the day before he faught Anderson Silva then why cant nick diaz smoke a joint or bowl when he is just as medically obligated to do so as forrest was. hopefully someone will throw light on this very very dark problem. When fighters are getting cut and finned and suspended and worse penalties for smoking weed then testing positive for PEDs.. there is something seriously fucked up.

and im not defending ANYONE who has tested positive for marijuana in any sport and had to pay a price. Rules are rules and you signed a contract to abide by those rules. Diaz, healy, herman, ect. all got what the "deserved" in a way for breaking the rules. I just think the rule happens to be bullshit

He still deserves his bonus. Or at the very least the person he got the bonus against shouldn't be given his bonus. Makes no sense, for steroids maybe... Weed, not at all... shouldn't be tested for in the first place.

Ariel Helwani reports it...
Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani

Pat Healy announces that he tested positive for marijuana at UFC 159. No word just yet on his suspension or if the win will be overturned.
8:15 PM - 14 May 2013

That sucks for him

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm sure they view your opinion on weed as stupid as you do theirs but i guess a lot of people just assume their opinion is more important.

I wouldn't even call it an opinion. More like a "statement" from a shill.

Weak people that are dependent on those who fight to keep the status quo arent exactly thinking matters like this through. They're merely broadcasting allegiance.

I love how the PED/TRT vs. Marijuana argument gets brought up every time someone gets popped for pot.

People act like there is some double standard and you can just do all of the PEDs you want and somehow weed is getting unfairly punished.

The same guys that submit exemptions to use TRT can also submit an exemption for....you guessed it...marijuana! Instead, these guys don't want to go through the trouble and just smoke to party and then it's some big scandal when they get popped for it.

Until marijuana is legal nationwide, there is NO athletic commission that is going to allow guys to freely smoke pot without an exemption.

Blame the fighter for not having self control. It doesn't matter what the drug is. If it's on the list, just don't fucking do it.

Back