Pacquiao vs Clottey March 13th

If Mayweather ends up wiping the floor with Mosley and knocks him out, he earned that p4p crown. No doubt about it. Winning a decision and decisively given the style, that is probable and maybe even expected all things considered, but if he is able to knock out Mosley with his brittle hands, I'll would hand him the fucking crown.

Floyd would have to take the same exact tests, what's wrong with a 14 day cutoff date? Plus Mayweather agreed to Manny's ridiculous 10 million dollar penalty.

thats not the point. mayweathers job is to fight.... not run blood test.

and mayweather had prior history when it comes to weight issues. he came in overweight agaisnt a fighter coming up 2 weight divisions.... i mean come on. come in at 147... if not 10 million a pound. theres nothing abnormal about that..... just a high $$ amount.

After hearing the Floyd and Manny would fight this is the let down of the century. My interest in this fight is minimal at best. I imagine Pacman swatting Clottey from all angles for 12 rounds. It ends with Clottey acting surprised and swearing he'll quit boxing. The best fight of my generation never happened. Sheesh!

Pretty good post.

lol You "duck" quacking goons are a bunch of idiots.

well.... CLAMING TO BE THE WELTERWEIGHT KING and "RETIRING" in a boiling hot division when it had the likes of clottey, margarito, cotto, mosley..... after beating a man named ricky hatton... and i gotta mention this... hatton.. another smaller man from a lighter division.

then waiting for CLOTTEY, MARGARITO, COTTO, AND MOSLEY to beat the shit out of each other........ then come back from RETIREMENT and fight ANOTHER SMALLER MAN coming up 2 weight division..... and not make weight....

SURE AS HELL SOUNDS LIKE DUCKING TO ME!!!!

well.... CLAMING TO BE THE WELTERWEIGHT KING and "RETIRING" in a boiling hot division when it had the likes of clottey, margarito, cotto, mosley..... after beating a man named ricky hatton... and i gotta mention this... hatton.. another smaller man from a lighter division.

then waiting for CLOTTEY, MARGARITO, COTTO, AND MOSLEY to beat the shit out of each other........ then come back from RETIREMENT and fight ANOTHER SMALLER MAN coming up 2 weight division..... and not make weight....

SURE AS HELL SOUNDS LIKE DUCKING TO ME!!!!

SRL was remembered as a great, I've got no doubt that in time, PBF will be also be remembered as a great.

What I remember is the fact that Joshua Clottey was never once, ever, even REMOTELY close to being able to be mentioned in the same sentence as Mayweather, let alone being "ducked" by him. But I guess the fashionable thing is that whomever Manny says he'll Fight, be it all media lip-service or not, that guy is suddenly the new guy Floyd ducked somehow.

ok let me ask you this. was clottey ranked top 5 in the ww division when mayweather retired? if not.... then clotteys named shouldnt be mentioned.

SRL was remembered as a great, I've got no doubt that in time, PBF will be also be remembered as a great.

i remember my boxing coach telling me (whos a big mayweather fan btw) "mayweather didnt retire.... he's just waiting for the big dogs to beat the shit out of each other.... then come back and fight another top p4p FIGHTER COMING UP in weight.... someone like pacquiao"

a year later... i heard "told you so" :)

oh and sugar ray fought the best in his division.... mayweather is fighting his first real challenge at 147.

Last edited:
i remember my boxing coach telling me (whos a big mayweather fan btw) "mayweather didnt retire.... he's just waiting for the big dogs to beat the shit out of each other.... then come back and fight another top p4p fighting COMING UP in weight.... someone like pacquiao"

a year later... i heard "told you so" :)

oh and sugar ray fought the best in his division.... mayweather is fighting his first real challenge at 147.

Did you forget that Leonard pulled the exact same shit on Hagler?

Minus the "coming up in weight" part.

if you guys can see the bullshit mayweather is pulling.... and still say he's a better fighter than pacquiao.... (who by the way.... does his job and fights every top fighter in every division he competes in. ) then so be it. i guess you just like fighters that do more talking then actual fighting.

everyone has their opinions..... i like real fighters. and i feel these type of fighters should always be ranked higher. but thats just my opinion.

no i didnt. difference is leonard isnt fighting guys coming up in weight.

edit: its not like weight matters anyway huh? :\

Slight oversight, regardless, you can't go over Mayweather's career with a fine toothed comb while being completely blind to Pacquiao's decisions as well. Floyd made specific and somewhat prudent career choices, but so has Manny.

Slight oversight, regardless, you can't go over Mayweather's career with a fine toothed comb while being completely blind to Pacquiao's decisions as well. Floyd made specific and somewhat prudent career choices, but so has Manny.

like what? what choices did manny make? coming in a 3 to 1 under dog against de la hoya? only to beat the shit out of him. but discredit the man right.... de la hoya was washed up. same thing goes with all his opponents.... discredit him. but before the fights he was an underdog in all the experts eyes.

im not trying to take away what the self proclaimed "welterweight king" has done in the past.... he's beaten some great fighters. but AT WELTERWEIGHT what has he done? this is a sport of "what have you done for me lately".... what the hell has he done lately? besidestalk a whole lot of shit.

like what? what choices did manny make? coming in a 3 to 1 under dog against de la hoya? only to beat the shit out of him. but discredit the man right.... de la hoya was washed up. same thing goes with all his opponents.... discredit him. but before the fights he was an underdog in all the experts eyes.

im not trying to take away what the self proclaimed "welterweight king" has done in the past.... he's beaten some great fighters. but AT WELTERWEIGHT what has he done? this is a sport of "what have you done for me lately".... what the hell has he done lately? besidestalk a whole lot of shit.

Do we have to go over this again? So you don't think the fight with Oscar wasn't the least bit opportunistic? Roach trains Oscar for Floyd, notices a glaring weakness, then sics his fighter on him, but at a weight he had fought at in like 7 years.

Cotto and Mosley were also both available for Pacquiao around the same time; except Cotto looked like shit in his previous fight, whereas Mosley dethroned the Welterweight king. Plus, Mosley was willing to fight for peanuts. Cotto was a good win for Pacquiao, don't get me wrong, but he was specifically chosen for a reason.

Careful management is a part of boxing, I've come to terms with it, perhaps you should give it a try too.

Do we have to go over this again? So you don't think the fight with Oscar wasn't the least bit opportunistic? Roach trains Oscar for Floyd, notices a glaring weakness, then sics his fighter on him, but at a weight he had fought at in like 7 years.

Cotto and Mosley were also both available for Pacquiao around the same time; except Cotto looked like shit in his previous fight, whereas Mosley dethroned the Welterweight king. Plus, Mosley was willing to fight for peanuts. Cotto was a good win for Pacquiao, don't get me wrong, but he was specifically chosen for a reason.

Careful management is a part of boxing
, I've come to terms with it, perhaps you should give it a try too.

oh i understand that..... just some people are more careful than others :)

Just got back from the Pacquiao vs. Clotty fight and Dana White was sitting there right behind Miguel Coto just out of camera view. Wonder what he was doing there?

oh i understand that..... just some people are more careful than others :)

Yeah, I mean what's more careful than turning down the megafight of our generation for the guy who lost to the guy you just knocked out? :redface:

Yeah, I mean what's more careful than turning down the megafight of our generation for the guy who lost to the guy you just knocked out? :redface:

more like fighting top 5 ww's instead of fighting someone who really belongs at 130 (ok he had a few fights at 135) and coming in overweight.

Clottey blew it......He is an unknown fighter fighting the biggest name in boxing on a grand stage and he blew it....He had everything to gain in this fight and he didn't bring anything to the table. A lot of the casual fans are going to think he is boring.

Just got back from the Pacquiao vs. Clotty fight and Dana White was sitting there right behind Miguel Coto just out of camera view. Wonder what he was doing there?

hes a boxing fan

dec 2006 join date and only 2 posts?!

Back